R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

NFL Week 2 Blog! (Picks...somewhat)

NFL Week 2 (Picks?...somewhat..)

What's going on everyone, first off, I want to thank everyone for checking out my first SBR blog. I am so NFL >>>> College, reason why I prefer to write about the NFL! Let me start off by saying, I am not going to "guarantee" any wins for you guys, heck I am not even going to tell you half my picks. The games I talk about will be stuff I want to "point" out, and maybe guild some of you guys into taking that side of the bet. I will mention if I am taking that side as well in my write up. Quick shoutout to usckingsfan for basically giving me this idea, props for that! I check out your videos for college each week, I love it, keep up the good work man! Although I don't want to make a video, I figure I can do some quick write ups as well, for the NFL that is! Let's get started here. I am going to kickoff with Chicago @ Carolina.

Chicago Bears (+3) (ML + 140) @ Carolina Pathers (ML - 165)
    My Lean: (-3)

Carolina's home opener, coming off a big win @ San Diego on a last second touchdown pass. On the other hand, we have Chicago coming off a upset win on SNF against the Colts. Fluke? Manning injury? I believe so. I was surprised that Chicago did win, (cost me some $) but I was not impressed. They played the way the Bears have played over the past couple of seasons, causing turnovers, and playing shut down D. With that being said, I like Carolina at home to beat the Bears.

Indianapolis Colts (-2) (ML - 140) @ Minnesota Vikings (ML +120)
    My Lean: (-2)

Probably the biggest one oclock game on the schedule this Sunday. Both teams coming off tough Week 1 losses, looking to bounce back with a win. Last Sunday night, I can confidently say we did not see a 100% healthy Peyton Manning. This week, I feel he will feel more comfortable and safe in the pocket. Minnesota is going to run, run and run some more. I expect a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson, but I do indeed like a win from the Colts, covering the points.

New Orleans Saints (-1) (ML -125) @ Washington Redskins(ML + 105)
    My Lean: (-1)

A tale of two Week 1 teams? I think so. New Orleans did there job against Tampa Bay, establishing themselves right out of the gates. Washington, on Opening Night was basically embarssed by the superbowl champion Giants. Although there defense came up big, only allowing one touchdown, the offense looked terrible. Marcous Colston is out for 4-6 weeks, is going to hurt big time for the high powered Saints offense, but with the addition of Shockey (who looked good last week) and Reggie Bush leading the way, the Saints should be fine. Jason Campbell and the Washington Redskins need to get there game straight and going in the right direction, if they get up early, the Skins could pull out a win. Tough game to call, but I like the Saints in this one!

Tennessee Titans (+1) (ML - 105) @ Cincinnati Bengals (ML -115)
    My Lean:

(-1)

Vince Young on suicide watch? Tennessee starting 35+ year old Kerry Collins, eh....Chad Ocho Cinco (1 rec, 22 yards last week) (huh?) I love, love, love Cincinnati this week. I expect the Bengals to bounce back BIG time from last weeks horrible showing. Look for Palmer and Ocho Cinco to hook up much more this weekend, then last weekends 1 reception day. Bengals defense is, as always, suspect at best, but with no Vince Young, I see this game going for the Bengals.

New England Patriots (+1.5) (ML + 100)@New York Jets (ML -120)
    My Lean: (-1.5)

Huge game in the AFC East division right here! A lot of attention is being brought to this game, for obvious reasons. I like the Jets here. No Brady changes the line in this game by about 7-8 points. Will Matt Cassell and Randy Moss click, and beat the Jets? Who knows. What we do know is that Farve looked good last week, kind of nerve wrecking in the end, but for the most part, the Jets looked decent. I expect a lot of Thomas Jones, as well as a steady, ball controlling attack from the Jets. The Jets are going to bring the house at Cassell, making him rush, and do things he isn't use to doing. I like the Jets here guys!

Thanks for reading guys, I will try to do this weekly if you guys like it, just a short read for the NFL this week!

Good luck to all of you this week! This is going to be in my blog as well!

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

i must say i like all your picks for similar reasons you posted. I, though, shyed away from the tennesse/cincinnati matchup as, from what i have read and feel in my gut, it could go either way. too volitile for me.

btw: outstanding post! very well put together.. please keep it up!

Robust

R3Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Robust View Post
    i must say i like all your picks for similar reasons you posted. I, though, shyed away from the tennesse/cincinnati matchup as, from what i have read and feel in my gut, it could go either way. too volitile for me.

btw: outstanding post! very well put together.. please keep it up!

Robust
    Thanks a lot man!

R3Sports

Anyone check out the blog? haha