crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

if they did it and it was successful how fast would the owners rush to the negotiating table?

Double_Tap
    Double_Tap's Avatar Become A Pro!

For sure. Love the game.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would never happen IMO

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

what if they did and owners started season with scrubs?

who would win????

i think players league would crush the owners.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

let me see if i can explain this in simple terms that even SBR children can understand. Years ago I used to hustle all over the USA (no need to say what sport) with a team of guys I hand picked. Some of the guys I trained, others were just ringers I found toiling in obscurity. I made it very clear to everyone what was expected of them and let them know from the get go that everyone was expendable. If you want to make money--you do exactly what I say. if you don't want to make money and go back to where I found you--cool, just let me know by your word or deed.

I always carried one extra guy on the trips, just in case.... We show up to get started and I see a guy walk in in shorts. I said, hey we start in 20 minutes, you need to get back out to the car and change. He says "I didn't bring anything else and what is the big deal?" I said, "the big deal is you know what the dress code is and you have known it for 6 months, Bob over there just inherited your spot and money we are abt to win!"

You see, it is the owners game and they pay all the expenses and own the business. They can trot out tons of replacement players and people will come out to see them.

It doesn't matter if it is "fair" in your simpleton mind. If you are looking for fair, most county's still have one once a year. You will find it there.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    800,000 for back breaking work, billions for sitting in the owners suite.....

The average NFL player probably makes about 3 mil when you consider salary/benefits. Now if there was no such thing as the NFL what do you think these guys would make? First of all what would they be doing?

Welfare
    Security guard
    10 dollar per hour bouncer at a night club
    Low level Construction worker
    Low level Factory worker
    Cop for some of the smarter ones
    Fire fighter for some of the smarter ones
    Drug Dealer, Pimp, druggie all leading to JAIL

What would the NFL owners do if they weren't NFL owners??? They'd probably be successful business owners like they already are. Most owners own these teams as a novelty. They are billionaires and own the team. They wouldn't be starving if 70,000 people weren't paying $200 bucks to go to an NFL game and Fox wasn't giving them broadcasting rights.

No NFL and instead of 32*53=1696 Millionares half the league would be in jail, 25% would be working remedial jobs just getting by, and the other 25% would be integrated into societies middle class. Maybe the top 1% of the league (the quarterbacks that got real degrees) would be doing well in the business world. There's no doubt in my mind that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Donovan Mcnabb, Carson Palmer would do well in the business world.

Let's not forget who needs who here.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8394

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    The average NFL player probably makes about 3 mil when you consider salary/benefits. Now if there was no such thing as the NFL what do you think these guys would make? First of all what would they be doing?

Welfare
    Security guard
    10 dollar per hour bouncer at a night club
    Low level Construction worker
    Low level Factory worker
    Cop for some of the smarter ones
    Fire fighter for some of the smarter ones
    Drug Dealer, Pimp, druggie all leading to JAIL

What would the NFL owners do if they weren't NFL owners??? They'd probably be successful business owners like they already are. Most owners own these teams as a novelty. They are billionaires and own the team. They wouldn't be starving if 70,000 people weren't paying $200 bucks to go to an NFL game and Fox wasn't giving them broadcasting rights.

No NFL and instead of 32*53=1696 Millionares half the league would be in jail, 25% would be working remedial jobs just getting by, and the other 25% would be integrated into societies middle class. Maybe the top 1% of the league (the quarterbacks that got real degrees) would be doing well in the business world. There's no doubt in my mind that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Donovan Mcnabb, Carson Palmer would do well in the business world.

Let's not forget who needs who here.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

whatever....been there done that

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

I'd watch and bet on it...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Disgruntled white men hating on athletic black men..... Nothing new here.... Move along.....
    Last edited by King Mayan; 03-21-11 at 07:47 PM.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

sure i would watch... pretty sure we all would thats why we are here

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

what if billionaires like ed roski, mark cuban, and donald trump invested in the league and paid the startup costs. that would ensure a successful launch.

if that happens, i predict nfl would fold within 5 years cause fans wont watch scabs just like 1987 strike.

anyways i hope players seriously consider this cause owners would shake in their armanis.

cmendo2005
    cmendo2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

No but I would however bet and watch a league of picket crossers and regular guys...This strike could be awesome...Like the replacements...But in real life!

BstHcpr
    BstHcpr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Workers self-management is a laudable goal.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Owners got them by the short and curlies

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Would never happen IMO
    agree, players are stupid to organize a league.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

this would be horrible

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'd watch and bet.

First 12