AnotherLoan
    AnotherLoan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints +1 against the Redskins

Anyone else backing the Saints in this one? Seems too good to be true. Redskins looked pathetic in their opener.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I will be slamming my home team! Go Saints!

I dont see why were dogs in this spot! And we play better on the road!

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the Saints as well. GL.

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who Dat!!!

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Eli had his way with the the Skins defense and so will Drew Brees but what you might have to worry about is the Saints defense. You need defense to win roads games and the Saints might not have it.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Eli had his way with the the Skins defense and so will Drew Brees but what you might have to worry about is the Saints defense. You need defense to win roads games and the Saints might not have it.
    Did you see their defense today? Quite impressive from where i thought they would be... They may be ok..

AnotherLoan

I don't think the Redskins have too much of an offense to worry about. As long as the Saints play their normal game they should win this by 10+ points.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherLoan View Post
    I don't think the Redskins have too much of an offense to worry about. As long as the Saints play their normal game they should win this by 10+ points.
    I hope your right... We shall see...

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans on the moneyline in this one...

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Not a bad pick at all... Im surprised they are a ML option

ZBOIZ

Me as a Saints fan see this game as winner for the Saints! Our Defense is improved! Tampa Bay did'nt convert a 3rd down until the 4th Quarter! This Saints team is very solid! They will be Super Bowl Contenders! They are forreal!!

SAINTS +1 IS THE SOLID PLAY!!!

***AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THE SAINTS PLAY TWICE AS BETTER ON THE ROAD THAN HOME! I KNOW THATS WIERD BUT IT'S TRUE!

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

tenn + 1
    new orleans + 1

new england +2-1/2

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

The line is too good to be true.

Skins will win and put some of these posters on suicide watch a la the browns/bengals game last year

JRS21386
    The Oracle

I can't see the Saints blowing this game... 24 Points on arguably the Best Defense in the NFL is impressive... Saints will put up 41 this weekend

Brotherwo
    Brotherwo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont understand a line like this.
    Skins played horrible against the Gmen, no glimmer of hope offensive or defensively. the Saints played a solid game and pulled out a victory

Saints +1 screams take me..... so you must ask what is up!?

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Good question my friend.. I know it's in Washington, but i think the Saints have too much Offense for the Skins to handle...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I am on the Saints. Don't sleep on the Skins, though, the Giants are a tough team and given the circumstances the Skins did a decent job going into NY and losing 16-7. It's a tough transition all around from a HOF Gibbs regime. Zorn will get this team together at some point, and the home opener will give this team a boost. Even so, I think the Skins are still not quite ready to handle a mature team like the Saints. I see the Skins being a "spoiler" team later in the season.

AnotherLoan

If this game was a trap then I fell into it. Took the Saints +1.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherLoan View Post
    If this game was a trap then I fell into it. Took the Saints +1.
    Good pick... You'll be fine..

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

I am glad I found this post. I thought that NO looked mighty tempting for this one. I like TEN in CIN as well. Color me crazy but I think TEN is probably better off with Collins at QB. In my unprofessional opinion I think he's a much better passer than Young.

I agree with Slacker00 that the Skins will eventually get it together, but I don't think it will be this game. NO has made improvements to their defense and their offense is top notch. I like this game. I hate to bet this early. I like to get weather reports a day before the game, but I think this is too good to pass up.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    I am glad I found this post. I thought that NO looked mighty tempting for this one. I like TEN in CIN as well. Color me crazy but I think TEN is probably better off with Collins at QB. In my unprofessional opinion I think he's a much better passer than Young.

I agree with Slacker00 that the Skins will eventually get it together, but I don't think it will be this game. NO has made improvements to their defense and their offense is top notch. I like this game. I hate to bet this early. I like to get weather reports a day before the game, but I think this is too good to pass up.
    Im with you... I don't bet this early but scared the line will move tremendously

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line has me worried but everything points to the Saints. Seems too easy. I don't see the Saints scoring less than 20 points on the Skins in this one. Saints have too many weapons for the Skins to stop. Skins allowed the Giants to convert 7 of 14 times on 3rd down and allowed 5.1 yards per play. Not that the Saints defense is too much better but I don't see the Skins being able to produce the offense to keep up in this one. The only worry is that it is the Skins home opener and they did shut down the G-men in the 2nd half (I only watched the 1st half so don't really know what happened in the 2nd and have yet to go through the game flow).

DaChosen1FoSho
    DaChosen1FoSho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Were do you see them at +1, I have them at -1 on betjam

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shady line here, the redskins D did pitch a shut out in the 2nd half and I think Springs being back will help. Smoot was getting burned by the g-men (mostly Plax). Taylor should also be 100%for this one. I guess the real question is will the skins offense click in this game. Zorn has said he will allow Campbell to work from the shot gun more, where he is more comfortable and effective. Home opener should also be added motivation. Still I think the saints looked impressive and this line should be more like Saints -3. I think I'll steer clear of this one, too early to judge this redskins squad. GL

foreclosuregods
    foreclosuregods's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say Saints because of Campbell but the only thing that has me concerned about this game is the Saints Ability to STOP PORTIS...whatever the answer to this question is....SHOULD DETERMINE which way you should bet.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

It opened at +1 Chosen1...+1 is available at Matchbook at -115 and 5D @ -118....pk -110 at several other books.

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

What argument can you make that TB has the best defense in the NFL? Top ten, sure, but best? No...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't think this line is that far off considering game is in Washington. What did you expect the line to be? If this were Week 1 and last week never happened, Skins would have been -3. Now, how much do you think books could adjust power ratings after just one week?

Now all of that said, I like Saints too.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    What argument can you make that TB has the best defense in the NFL? Top ten, sure, but best? No...
    They were number 2 in the NFL last year... They lost almost nobody... And they're unique in that they run the Tampa 2 and it's hard for any team to put up many points on them....

ZBOIZ

Guys Tampa Bay has a great Defense and the Saints had to go against there style of play to put up 24 points. We had to run the ball to keep there defense on there heels against our passing game! Everybody knows that the Saints have one of the best passing games in the league but we could'nt have our way on that greedy defense of Tampa. But now we go up against Washington, you will see more 5 wide set ups with Shockey next to Bush, with Colston on the Other end, Meachem or Henderson in the Middle!!! The Saints are loaded! Look for the Final Score to be (35-14)

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sold that the Saints will be able to run the ball against Washington, and the skins pass rush should be solid if the Saints don't attempt to run the ball at all. I took Washington +1.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    I'm not sold that the Saints will be able to run the ball against Washington, and the skins pass rush should be solid if the Saints don't attempt to run the ball at all. I took Washington +1.
    Pierre Thomas is solid... He will establish a good running game agains the skins

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    They ran on Tampa which is tougher defense. If the Giants can put 17 on Washington than the sky is the limit for the Saints!

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    They ran on Tampa which is tougher defense. If the Giants can put 17 on Washington than the sky is the limit for the Saints!
    Amen!

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    The Skins don't play cover two. Much easier to run against the cover 2 defense. Rogers and Smoot will play bump and run, and it allows the safties to read and react to a run/pass much quicker.

12 Last