WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

St. Louis +7.5 on Sunday

St. Louis vs Philadelphia

St. Louis +7.5 -115

There wasn't a team in the NFL that had injury issues to key players like the Rams did a year ago. They finished 3-13 their worst finish since 1991. They are a better team than that. This team ran an offense behind a make-shift line each week, and the injury-depleted line stopped the Rams cold. Look for a healthy Marc Bulger to approach 2006 numbers. Many people have forgotten just how good he was back them (over 4,000 yards and 24 TDs with just eight interceptions). Even with a troubled offensive line, and four games missed due to injury, Stephen Jackson still rushed for over 1,000 yards last season. With a healthy line and healthy Jackson, look for the Rams to improve dramatically, and come out in game one with something to prove. Philadelphia played in some close games last season as five of their eight losses were by 4 points or less. The biggest problem was trying to turnover the opponent, as the Eagles managed just 19 takeaways all season. The Eagles biggest void, as has been the case for much of the Donovan McNabb era, will be at wide receiver as Kevin Curtis is out with a sports hernia. That leaves Reggie Brown, another oft-injured receiver, to carry the load. The other problem area for the Eagles is at linebacker, where they will field the youngest group in the league. This group may need time to get things in sync. Overall, this is a Rams team that can keep this game close and possibly upset the Eagles.

NFL only plays for me

2 UNITS
    St. Louis 1 units at +7.5 -115 1 unit at +9
    Detroit -2.5 -120
    Dallas -3.5 -155
    Bengals -1 -110
    Saints -3 -110
    Indy -9.5 -110

5 UNITS
    Cincinnati +8
    New Orleans +7
    St Louis +18.5

4 UNITS
    3 team 10 pt teaser
    Dallas +4
    san Diego +1.5
    Indy pick

2 UNITS
    2 team 7 pt teaser
    Indy -3.5
    Indy/Chi under 50

2 UNITS
    2 team 7pt teaser
    Indy/Chi under 50
    Minn +10

2 UNITS
    3 team 10 pt teaser
    Dallas +4.5
    Washington +14
    Jacksonville +7

1 UNIT
    4 team 7 pt teaser
    Dallas +1
    Dallas/Cle over 42
    San Diego -1.5
    San Diego/Car under 48
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 09-07-08 at 07:11 PM.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Planning on being all over this one as well...holding out to see if I can get 8. If not I will use Skybook to get 8. Best of luck WSP.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    Planning on being all over this one as well...holding out to see if I can get 8. If not I will use Skybook to get 8. Best of luck WSP.
    Thx Diogee...if it gets to +8 I'm adding another unit...probably buy the 1/2 pt on Sunday and do it anyways...GL

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah, getting 8 will give you a TD +1 which is important.

What do you guys think about the ML for this?

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see PHI winning by double digits

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I rarely lay this many points, but I am actually on Philly -7.5. Your point about all the injuries is well taken, but the Rams have had their problems on the road and on grass even before last year. Their offensive line is still nicked up and it doesn't help that Steven Jackson reported so late, especially running against the Eagles front seven.

I actually see an Eagles blowout here.

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

St. Louis is +9 on 5dimes.

With that said, anyone on the Rams is foolish. Philadelphia is arguably the best team in the NFC this year. St. Louis is a no doubt bottom five team and will struggle to reach five wins. Philly by two or three touchdowns.

LT Profits

Philadelphia isn't even the best team in their own division, but that's beside the point. I do think they tower over the Rams here.

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Philadelphia isn't even the best team in their own division, but that's beside the point. I do think they tower over the Rams here.
    That's your opinion, I have my own on the 'Boys. They are going to disappoint a lot of people this year (if you can call a WC berth a disappointment)

wickdog
    wickdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

line is going up to 9 everywhere now...hmmm

LT Profits

Love my line now.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not a big Marc Bulger fan?

WestsidePete

I see it did go up to +9...still taking the chance the Rams play this one close...

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Tough one to cap here? What is Reggie Brown's status? Maybe just running/throwing to Westbrook 40 times is enough here to win & cover but I HATE the Eagles offense! 3rd and a long yard & they
    have McNabb rolling out trying to pass? They're always physical on D but such a soft offense! No confidence in the Rams ability to protect Bulger either? No play here for me!

WestsidePete

The over may be a good play but I don't usually play totals for a few weeks...I'm thinking the Rams hang in there...and a late cover could easily come into play with that offense as well...

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in Stlouis and eat,sleep and breathe Rams football. I would miss my own mothers funeral before I would miss a Rams game. And thiss Rams team is better than 1999.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Philadelphia is arguably the best team in the NFC this

Really? Thats an argument you're gonna lose!! Dallas and the Giants will BOTH finish atleast 2 games better than the Eagles!

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    I live in Stlouis and eat,sleep and breathe Rams football. I would miss my own mothers funeral before I would miss a Rams game. And thiss Rams team is better than 1999.

My uncle has season tickets...and cousins are diehard Ram fans and live in St. Louis as well...and follow everything Rams...this team will surprise people as long as they stay healthy....

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Philadelphia is arguably the best team in the NFC this

Really? Thats an argument you're gonna lose!! Dallas and the Giants will BOTH finish atleast 2 games better than the Eagles!
    I'm about to step out but I will be back with my argument for the Eagles. I see the Giants with 9 wins, Cowboys with 10, and Eagles with 11 or 12.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    I'm about to step out but I will be back with my argument for the Eagles. I see the Giants with 9 wins, Cowboys with 10, and Eagles with 11 or 12.

I agree with the Giants but think it's the Cowboys at 11 or 12 and Eagles at 10...

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Rams have only covered 1 of the last 9 ATS against philly. I will go with philly

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by picantel View Post
    Rams have only covered 1 of the last 9 ATS against philly. I will go with philly
    They haven't played since 2005...how does this mean anything 3 years later ???

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

its true the eagles could be looking ahead to the next weeks game against dallas on the road on mon.night fball.. thats kinda big

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeatBodog View Post
    St. Louis is +9 on 5dimes.

With that said, anyone on the Rams is foolish. Philadelphia is arguably the best team in the NFC this year. St. Louis is a no doubt bottom five team and will struggle to reach five wins. Philly by two or three touchdowns.
    The best in the NFC? I would like the contact info of whomever supplies you with whatever you were on at the time of this writing, please.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

the line is at 9.5 now.

I did like the Rams, not now.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Reggie Brown is now doubtful for this game. He's dealing with a hamstring injury.

2PLAYSMAX
    2PLAYSMAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    The over may be a good play but I don't usually play totals for a few weeks...I'm thinking the Rams hang in there...and a late cover could easily come into play with that offense as well...
    yep. Over.

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    The best in the NFC? I would like the contact info of whomever supplies you with whatever you were on at the time of this writing, please.
    www.footballoutsiders.com

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The Rams should be able to hold their own on defense against a weak Eagles offense. I'm curious to see what the offense is gone do. A healthy Bulger, Jackson and Holt with Al Saunders calling the plays could could be a top 5 offense. The Rams might win this straight up.

BadBeatBodog

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    The Rams should be able to hold their own on defense against a weak Eagles offense. I'm curious to see what the offense is gone do. A healthy Bulger, Jackson and Holt with Al Saunders calling the plays could could be a top 5 offense. The Rams might win this straight up.
    The Rams' defense should be able to hold its own? That's a very general statement. How about this:

The Rams have two young, intriguing talents in Carriker and Long, but they are a year or two away from becoming anything special. The linebackers are certainly the bright spot of the defense, but it's never a good sign that the MLB led the team in sacks. As for the secondary, they have been terrible for four straight seasons and with no changes why would they significantly improve? This is a no doubt bottom ten defense, possibly bottom five.

As for the Rams' offense, I understand that it should rebound, but to expect a top five, or even top ten unit, is a little much. And the Eagles will have a top ten, possibly top five defense this year. I just don't see any hope for a bottom five team versus a top five team.

As for the Eagles looking past the Rams, this is the first game of the year. That's a reach.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

Go Rams!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I got +9

Mcnaab going to play safe

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by danrman View Post
    its true the eagles could be looking ahead to the next weeks game against dallas on the road on mon.night fball.. thats kinda big
    Little to early to be looking ahead... this is the 1st game of the season after all. They've been looking ahead to this one for months.

Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

First: My NFC prediction
    I don't know what Cowboys team that shows up this year, but they should get 10-12 wins. Depens much on Romo.
    Eagles had only 19 turnovers on D last year and maby thats the biggest reason for getting Samuel. Also they'v finaly gotten a new deep threat on WR in Jackson and maby McNabb can stay healty he might get another great year (been few of those now).
    Think Eagles and the Cowboys gonna fight hard for the first place as the Eagles should get 10-12 wins too.
    I think the Giants is to weak on the offense this year too challenge for a playoffspot. I know it was the D who got them the SB ring (the reason for my Giants bet last year), but they are real weak on the O in my opinion where I got only Bradshaw as a real threat. I think Jacobs is over the top and Burress/Toomer need a Eli in great form to be a real thread (can't see that happend). Think the Giants ends up with 5-7 wins.
    I can't see the Skins getting more than 4-5 wins this year at most.

Rams at Eagles:
    I think the Eagles covers the spread in this one in a home opener at the Link. with their die-hard fans in their back. They finaly got a deep-threat in Jackson and a real returner in him too (remember their first game last year vs the Packers). Also Bulge isn't very mobile and that favour Eagles with a great blitz D.
    A nother thing that might play a BIG factor is the field. Temple played at the Linc yeasterday and today it might be pretty teard up. Rams is a doom team and isn't used to play on a bad field while the Eagles get a couple of those games every year (Tempel's home games) and got good experience on it.

Eagles 31 Rams 10

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I am liking the Rams plus the points here, not sure yet.

12 Last