Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Peyton Manning The most Expensive Free Agent!? It could happen.

Well there might be a big possibility that Peyton Manning will be an Unrestricted Free Agent for the first time in his career if the players win their lawsuit... I think bidding for him could start at around $30 Million... and I could see him as the New QB for the Vikings, Cards, or Niners... if they could afford him that is... Any thoughts???

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

he'll stay a colt, but he deserves every penny.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Franchise tag?

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I was a Colts fan, it would be an absolute nightmare if he ended up with another team.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9799

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    he'll stay a colt, but he deserves every penny.
    that would depend on the details of the new cap agreed to in the new CBA, who has the most money to sign him, and how badly he wants to stay in indy

Joszan7
    Joszan7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I think he would stay in Indy.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

If he is forced to be on another team, he would probably retire.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

If there was no cap (like last season) and some other owner willing to pay on levels we've not seen, Manning will be Colt. Peyton has made a dickload of cash in his career. At this point, he would not want to tarish his legacy. In TODAY'S media of bullshizzle, Peyton could go play for the 9rs. Peyton is a top 10 all time QB, probabaly top 5. If there is one fellow in the leauge that cares about his image, even though he really has questionables (at best) to throw to, it's Manning. He will die a Colt. The guy wants to be the 'best ever', and stat whore' people shall give him that. I'm just saying, in the big spot, Brady > Manning and it ain't even close. Teams win games, not just your QB. Brady is not only superior to Manning in every aspect, but Manning's contract demands FAR exceed that of any QB we've ever seen. Brady made plays with JR Redmond (at tailback) and Marcus Patten. Manning had the top 2 wide outs in the leauge far and away for years and years that dominated anything the NFL has seen since Carter/Moss.

Just saying, Manning will go nowhere, but he still is inferior to Brady in so many ways. Poor fellow

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

15-20million the colts will offer (it would be insane if a team offers in 25), and he will accept, because he knows his players, and playbook, and have all the freedom that he wants on the team

Dax

Money can blind anyone... yeah he might be after leaving a legacy with Indy, but if some crazy owner comes along and offers him more cash I bet he'd definitely leave IMO... But I totally agree with you that he's a bit overrated and that there are way better QB's out there...

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Daxuspaxus View Post
    Money can blind anyone... yeah he might be after leaving a legacy with Indy, but if some crazy owner comes along and offers him more cash I bet he'd definitely leave IMO... But I totally agree with you that he's a bit overrated and that there are way better QB's out there...
    I thought the owners were losing money as it is. Wasn't that the whole premise of the CBA dispute? Where is an owner going to come up with extra millions of $$$ if they are already in the red?

I looked at the financial numbers of the various NFL teams and the Redskins look to be the only team in need of a QB that might have extra "operating income" which could be used to throw at free agents. Teams like Carolina, Miami, Minnesota and even Arizona don't look like they have that much extra cash to throw around right now.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

I think it would be fun to see him go to another team.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16522

He will stay on the Colts for sure.

Trampas
    Trampas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be very surprised if he moved on but you never know

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I thought the owners were losing money as it is. Wasn't that the whole premise of the CBA dispute? Where is an owner going to come up with extra millions of $$$ if they are already in the red? I looked at the financial numbers of the various NFL teams and the Redskins look to be the only team in need of a QB that might have extra "operating income" which could be used to throw at free agents. Teams like Carolina, Miami, Minnesota and even Arizona don't look like they have that much extra cash to throw around right now.
    Do you really think owners are running low on cash? The majority of the stadiums built were paid by tax payers and money that came from the city... Now, owners do have a certain overhead to cover, but it doesn't even put a dent in their pockets. AND Yes, this whole CBA issue is all because of money... but not because the owners are going broke, it's just that they want to take more and give out less and take from active and retired players... and well the whole nine yards... It's all a mess right now, but do you think a guy like Jerry Jones would pass up on the chance of getting a player like Manning? Not saying that's what's gonna happen, but it is a possibility... he's got the money and if he doesn't have the money he can get it... I do think he's gonna stay as a Colt, but it would be nice to see him suite up for another team... change things around...

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

no doubt...he deserves it.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

hell be resigned

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

His uniform always seems so white and shiny playing in the dome in Indy would like to see him get a bit dirtier in some muck and mud someday.

slacker00

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

I assume either way he will stay a Colt.