bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1157

Who's all taking KC plus the points?

I'm I the only nut here that likes KC to cover vs the Pats week 1?

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

you might be on to something here

is Brady playing hurt?

who knows??

I will tell you Bookmaker is scared of the game

they wont even put it up

Im sure it will be up on sunday....but from my experience when a book waits to put up one game when all the other have posted lines....they are scared of something

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

bbd this reminds me of a lakers nba spread

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I just can't touch the game. Might be the right play if Brady isn't %100. That being said, how many times did the Pats cover the spread last year and put a beat down spanking on weaker teams.

Question is: how many touchdowns do you think KC will score? If your answer is 2 or less.......you don't even touch this.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

At one point in the season, I remember people talking smack about how the Pats run up the score. You had players crying like babies about it.

I don't think you bet against them until you see them a few games. Heads last year were always taking the points against them.....early in the season too. How easily we forget.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

game's been off the board all day

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

who is the QB for KC?

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

My lean is KC, but I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger.

AnotherLoan
    AnotherLoan's Avatar Become A Pro!

NE is the play here. Brady is fine and will play and dominate in Week 1.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    My lean is KC, but I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger.
    First there is no way the NE offense duplicates their performance from last year. Brady has some injury issues, and the offensive line hasn't exactly been stellar this preseason. The defensive question marks continue from last year, and are compounded by the loss of Asante Samuel. But the line is about what it would have been last year, so I don't think it is wise to play the Pats, but I don't know if I can justify playing the Chiefs either.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

It's so hard to back Brodie Croyle and so much youth... If there was a line, I could form an opinion, but it's off pretty much everywhere I bet so... Can't decide. There is a number, and it's a lot, that I can see betting KC.

NE is down a bit this year. Their preseason was uninspiring - and I'm really not sold on their secondary at all. Heck, I'm concerned about their run stopping ability. I was really unimpressed with the defense.

I admittedly missed KC this preseason and really screwed up my rotation of games and didn't see them once, though - so my opinion is relative.

**updated**
    Just found KC +16 1/2? Finally a line that's interesting.
    I'm going to wait it out, I think it could go higher as the Brady kool-aid effect kicks in later in the week...
    And then there's a tough decision to be made. I'm certain NE is not the play, though, regardless of the points - for me, that is.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 09-02-08 at 10:39 PM.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3561

Give me any bad team +16 in the NFL, and I like them. In the first week, I LOVE them.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the Chiefs yesterday at betjam. I bought the half to +17 -120, now I see its off the board so I'm happy I got the bet in.

topgame85
    Total time
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Kc Ml

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Kc Ml

....... although I thought the Giants super bowl Ml was a sucker bet too....

You guys really believe Brady is injured?

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm I the only nut here that likes KC to cover vs the Pats week 1?
    At +16 1/2? I'd take it in a New York minute, Dan. I think this game will be closer than people are guessing. NE has aged and Brady may have a few confidence issues lingering from the SB - and I think he's a little wrapped up in some super model business these days, too.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2912

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    I just can't touch the game. Might be the right play if Brady isn't %100. That being said, how many times did the Pats cover the spread last year and put a beat down spanking on weaker teams.

Question is: how many touchdowns do you think KC will score? If your answer is 2 or less.......you don't even touch this.

I am with you all the way brother!!! I am from Maine which means that being a Patriots fan is mandatory. However, I am loyal to money, and not a team, even if they are my favorite team in the NFL.

If Brady is in this game playing like himself than the Chiefs have it coming big time. I would fully expect to see a massive blow out like the 52 to 7 beat down against Washington, or the 56 to 10 game against Buffalo.

If Brady isn't okay and God forbid they throw Matt Cassel into the game than KC to cover is a very attractive bet.

In my mind this game has two extremely polar opposite outcomes. That's why I am not touching this thing with a 10 foot pole. There are too many other games available that are not such a guessing game for me to take this one.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Give me any bad team +16 in the NFL, and I like them. In the first week, I LOVE them.

you must've went broke betting against the pats last year

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone seems to think there is no way the Pats can repeat last season's offensive success... despite having most of the same pieces in place?

The addition of Lamont Jordon will quietly help too. He excels in the 2nd back/tandem system, and will be a good second option when Maroney needs a down or two off.

Seems to me those of you taking the Chiefs are doing so just for the sake of the points. Is there really anything to like about them in this spot? Heading into New England for NE's season opener where they will be looking to quiet all this talk about how they won't be as strong this year.

Brodie Croyle?

I can completely understand not wanting to lay -16.5 and wanting to skip this game all together. I can't see any logical reason to pick the Chiefs here though. Pull up last seasons numbers on the Patriots; maybe you all have amnesia and forgot how great they were.

P.S. I am not a Pats lover.. hate them with a passion. But love them or hate them, not respecting them would be a big mistake...

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

this is like USC vs. Portland State.

The Pats show no mercy and will not hesitate to run up the score.

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    you must've went broke betting against the pats last year
    I can't speak for Justin, but the Pats made me a boatload of money last year. I started with $2,000 and was up over $18,000 at one point. I walked away with $12,500. After losing the Eagles vs Pats bet I figured the golden goose was getting tired. You only went broke if you kept betting the entire season.

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't believe it. Brady is FINE.

If you guys remember correctly, Brady was on the injury report (as Probable) EACH week last season. I wouldn't even look at that right now.

I'm going to wait out this line a little bit I think, KC (+16 1/2), I mean..it's something to look at.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!

Quote Originally Posted by R3Sports View Post

If you guys remember correctly, Brady was on the injury report (as Probable) EACH week last season. I wouldn't even look at that right now.
    thats what I'm saying.. brandy is fine.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by R3Sports View Post

I'm going to wait out this line a little bit I think, KC (+16 1/2), I mean..it's something to look at.
    Your argument is that Brady is FINE and Kansas City +16.5 looks good??

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    Yes, Brady is fine.

Getting Kansas City at (+16 1/2) is something to think about..

So, yes!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    I can't speak for Justin, but the Pats made me a boatload of money last year. I started with $2,000 and was up over $18,000 at one point. I walked away with $12,500. After losing the Eagles vs Pats bet I figured the golden goose was getting tired. You only went broke if you kept betting the entire season.

New England was 2-9 ATS it's last 11 games last season. Good thing you knew exactly when to stop.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am going to play KC small. I love the abuse of watching KC blow that many points.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

gordon gekko
    gordon gekko's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stay away, I feel a blow out coming after losing the SB Belichick is going to try and cripple teams by as many points possible.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have second thoughts taking KC +35. So +16.5 would be a NO.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    i'm just saying brady is fine... I don't know about kc+16.5...

I was one of the people who made a killing on NE early, then got killed on NE late.

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    New England was 2-9 ATS it's last 11 games last season. Good thing you knew exactly when to stop.
    More luck than anything. I had a wild ride. Built my account to over $11,000, watched it dwindle to $3,000, then built it to over $18,000 and started to skid again. Decided to pull out after week 12. I made 625% on my money in 12 weeks so I was pretty pleased with my rookie performance.

This year I am armed with more knowledge, a better money management plan, and experience. In a few more weeks I'll know if a really am good at this or if I just had beginners luck.

As for me knowing exactly when to stop... ... I would have pulled out with $18,000 if I knew that!!!

This year I am employing a simple strategy that I am dumbfounded as to why I did not do it last year. Day-trading guru Wade B. Cook says to know your exit before you enter. I am looking to hit 500%. If there is any money above and beyond that I will continue, but the 500% comes off the table until next year.

I am looking to this to feed my stock market account. It has taken the place of my high risk portfolio.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    More luck than anything. I had a wild ride. Built my account to over $11,000, watched it dwindle to $3,000, then built it to over $18,000 and started to skid again. Decided to pull out after week 12. I made 625% on my money in 12 weeks so I was pretty pleased with my rookie performance.

This year I am armed with more knowledge, a better money management plan, and experience. In a few more weeks I'll know if a really am good at this or if I just had beginners luck.

As for me knowing exactly when to stop... ... I would have pulled out with $18,000 if I knew that!!!

This year I am employing a simple strategy that I am dumbfounded as to why I did not do it last year. Day-trading guru Wade B. Cook says to know your exit before you enter. I am looking to hit 500%. If there is any money above and beyond that I will continue, but the 500% comes off the table until next year.

I am looking to this to feed my stock market account. It has taken the place of my high risk portfolio.
    entertain us with your money management strategy that will get you to 500%....

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Betpoints: 3163

Brady will play very safe

UNDER

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu