Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

he may have a year or two left in him but if he is broke fine you get two years or so of nfl minimum $$, but what do you do after that?

Maxmillion

did tiki marry that intern?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

If he gets along with coaches and teammates, he's about 1-2 years of productive seasons away from being a hall of famer. People welcomed Michael Vick back but if Tiki Barber puts up 1000 yard season, they won't welcome him back---hard to believe

Maxmillion

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    If he gets along with coaches and teammates, he's about 1-2 years of productive seasons away from being a hall of famer. People welcomed Michael Vick back but if Tiki Barber puts up 1000 yard season, they won't welcome him back---hard to believe
    yeah tiki was a dick in the locker room, every team probably has 5 guys like him

Badgers13
    Badgers13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tiki isnt going to do anything signifigant. 3rd down back at best

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Tiki is and idiot his 23 year old pussy will drop him and his wife is going pwn him with support, child support etc etc...

Tiki lost his analyst job because of his "morals" clause...he was like WTF, went to his lawyer and his lawyer said dude your ******. Now its finally sunk and his financial guys is like dude your broke if you keep like this...

so now Tiki is back in the NFL.

He's a bad leader (wasn't well respected in the locker room of the giants to start with)
    he's 35
    hasn't played in 4 yearas

why would anyone take a chance on Tiki Barber?

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Im sure that some team is going to take a chance on him...why not?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I hope Tom Coughlin sends some goon to take his ass out standing around a pile. I lost all respect when he want on the morning news and started bashing TC and Eli, im not a Giants fan but the dude needs an ass whipping then to bang the intern with a pregnant wife.....real douche

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Is he still with that 23 year old Blonde?

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    Tiki is and idiot his 23 year old pussy will drop him and his wife is going pwn him with support, child support etc etc...

Tiki lost his analyst job because of his "morals" clause...he was like WTF, went to his lawyer and his lawyer said dude your ******. Now its finally sunk and his financial guys is like dude your broke if you keep like this...

so now Tiki is back in the NFL.

He's a bad leader (wasn't well respected in the locker room of the giants to start with)
    he's 35
    hasn't played in 4 yearas

why would anyone take a chance on Tiki Barber?

Oh so this is why he is making a comeback.. i didnt know

elchampion33
    elchampion33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tiki is a tool he won't do much in his comeback

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

@nd bad call for Tiki his wife will bust him and I dont think he will still have it anymore

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

He is broke and feels he has a little left in the tank. He'll be broke again in 3 years.

Jeffito11
    Jeffito11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had the impression Tiki was a standup guy. His brother is a good dback, he is a huge dbag.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NFL is for young guys period except QB's

billyboy73
    billyboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tiki is a toolbag, everyone lost respect for this guy. Washed up!!!!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Badgers13 View Post
    Tiki isnt going to do anything signifigant. 3rd down back at best
    What's insignificant about being a solid 3rd down back in the NFL? In Tiki's case, I'd consider that a major success.

News is that LT will have that role for the NYJ next year. With Green on 1st & 2nd downs, I'd call that significant.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

lawyers are expensive he is broke

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Tiki lead the Giants in rushing yards each of his last 7 seasons. Hardly a back up.

6 of those 7 seasons, he was top 10 in the NFL in all-purpose yards. Hardly so-so.
    I meant he was a so-so RunningBACK up until his last few years (meaning: average among NFL Rbacks), especially with his tendency to fumble. Seems I was not clear in my choice of words. Sorry.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is crazy.....I never expected this to happen

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do we have O/U at 85.5 rushing yards total this year... Under right? Heck maybe should have O/U on how many times he will even see the ball

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I meant he was a so-so RunningBACK up until his last few years (meaning: average among NFL Rbacks), especially with his tendency to fumble. Seems I was not clear in my choice of words. Sorry.
    It doesn't matter what words you choose, you are plain wrong when you say that Tiki was an average NFL RB.

Tiki is 12th all-time in NFL yards from scrimmage. All of the retired players above Tiki on that list are in the NFL HOF, (with the exception of Curtis Martin who was a top 10 finalist this year in his first year of eligibility but didn't make the final cut, he might still get in a future NFL HOF class). The only 2 active players above him (LT & TO) will both make a strong case for being in the NFL HOF when they themselves become HOF eligible. The major reason why Tiki probably wouldn't get in the NFL HOF right now is because his career was cut short, if he'd played the last 4 years at half the production of his career average up to that point, he'd be top 5 on this list and a cinch for the NFL HOF. It's hard to convince me that a borderline NFL HOF candidate is "so-so".

As for fumbles, here are some NFL RBs in the HOF with more career fumbles than Tiki:
    Walter Payton, Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen, OJ Simpson, Emmitt Smith, John Riggins.

The reason I mention the NFL HOF is because it is the gold standard for player achievement in the NFL. Tiki's numbers compare favorably with NFL RBs in the NFL HOF. I wouldn't consider any of the RBs in the NFL HOF "so-so".

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by tim0402 View Post
    Oh so this is why he is making a comeback.. i didnt know
    Not my fault you only read crayon...

Wrecktangle

It doesn't matter what words you choose, you are plain wrong when you say that Tiki was an average NFL RB.

Tiki is 12th all-time in NFL yards from scrimmage. All of the retired players above Tiki on that list are in the NFL HOF, (with the exception of Curtis Martin who was a top 10 finalist this year in his first year of eligibility but didn't make the final cut, he might still get in a future NFL HOF class). The only 2 active players above him (LT & TO) will both make a strong case for being in the NFL HOF when they themselves become HOF eligible. The major reason why Tiki probably wouldn't get in the NFL HOF right now is because his career was cut short, if he'd played the last 4 years at half the production of his career average up to that point, he'd be top 5 on this list and a cinch for the NFL HOF. It's hard to convince me that a borderline NFL HOF candidate is "so-so".

As for fumbles, here are some NFL RBs in the HOF with more career fumbles than Tiki:
    Walter Payton, Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen, OJ Simpson, Emmitt Smith, John Riggins.

The reason I mention the NFL HOF is because it is the gold standard for player achievement in the NFL. Tiki's numbers compare favorably with NFL RBs in the NFL HOF. I wouldn't consider any of the RBs in the NFL HOF "so-so".
    Glad you like Tiki so much, he'll need all the fans he can get. But, we'll see how the market treats him, won't we?

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with that Tiki

isles71
    isles71's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, Tiki should stay retired. Dude is too smart to do this.

slacker00

Glad you like Tiki so much, he'll need all the fans he can get. But, we'll see how the market treats him, won't we?
    I have no interest in Tiki. I'm more of a "logic police" and my biggest pet peeve is blatant ignorance of the facts.

I could just as easily argue against Tiki's comeback, using legitimate data. For example, the fact that he'll be 36 years old on April 7th is a huge number that is nearly impossible to explain away, not to mention the fact that nobody has ever sat out 4 years and made a legitimate comeback. There are plenty of good arguments to make against Tiki's comeback, there's no need to explain away Tiki's former accomplishments using invalid data and ignorance of the facts.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by isles71 View Post
    yes, Tiki should stay retired. Dude is too smart to do this.
    Huh?????

Too smart????

He go fired from his job and is flat broke

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

He'll be okay, better than when pot head ricky williams came back from retirement

jjgold

Ricky Williams has had a very effective comeback

Tikki not even close to his level now

Wrecktangle

I have no interest in Tiki. I'm more of a "logic police" and my biggest pet peeve is blatant ignorance of the facts.

I could just as easily argue against Tiki's comeback, using legitimate data. For example, the fact that he'll be 36 years old on April 7th is a huge number that is nearly impossible to explain away, not to mention the fact that nobody has ever sat out 4 years and made a legitimate comeback. There are plenty of good arguments to make against Tiki's comeback, there's no need to explain away Tiki's former accomplishments using invalid data and ignorance of the facts.
    OK, Mr. "Logic." Go back and read carefully what I originally said and apply your so-called "logic": until the last 3-4 years of his career (this means with the exception of the last 3-4 years), he was a so-so running back. Your "logic" of "best back on the Giants" does not equate to a great back. If you'd been in any fantasy leagues back then (pre-Coughlin), you'd get what I was saying. Coughlin seems to have sorted him out, and few folks are convinced today (unless you are a die-hard Giants suck-up) that he can perform to the level of his last few years unless he has Coughlin kicking his lazy ass. Therefore, if he gets back with the Giants, and Coughlin is still there, and age hasn't caught up with him, yadda, yadda, he might be able to perform to some level of his last few years. But as I said, the market will show his worth. I contend it will not be much, especially with the chaos in the National Fruit-cake League today.

slacker00

OK, Mr. "Logic." Go back and read carefully what I originally said and apply your so-called "logic": until the last 3-4 years of his career (this means with the exception of the last 3-4 years), he was a so-so running back.
    OK. Just to be clear, the last 3-4 years of his career means 2006, 2005, 2004 and/or 2003. We set those aside.

Let's look at 2002. Tiki had 1387 rushing yards for a 4.6 average with 11 TDs, 69 receptions for 597 yards.

These are not "so-so" numbers. This logically proves that your assertion is false.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by gafl View Post
    Have to figure Traci is long gone. Be a lot of Giants forming a line to welcome him back.

Actually, he was, and is, hated by the Giants. He wore out his welcome when he was there, and then made many more enemies with his criticism after he retired. They loved nothing better than winning the Super Bowl the year after he retired. Won't be going there.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

While Tiki Barber had some good years and was an above average running back, mentioning him with those HOF'ers above is quite a significant stretch.

...And projecting numbers of what he would have done "if his career hadn't been cut short" (he actually retired to pursue TV) is ludicrous.

If he makes the HOF, which he won't, it would be a bad addition.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

he left just when he learned to hold onto the ball...

First 1234 Last