Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Which Super Bowl team will miss the playoffs next season?

Both teams from the 2010 Super Bowl (Indianapolis and New Orleans) made the playoffs last season, and were upset in the Wild Card Round. That snapped a streak of 9 consecutive seasons in which at least one team from the previous season's Super Bowl missed the playoffs the next season. I could see either of these two teams missing the playoffs next season. Who is more likely to miss the playoffs next season, or do they both make it?

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Pittsburgh is most likely because they are older

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Steelers and Colts.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

It will take Atlanta a season or two to recover from the hammering they took from GB in the 1st round when they realized just how far they are from winning it all.

TheJer
    TheJer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... the Seahawks!! Although in that division I guess any of them can be lucky enough to make it ha.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

packers, bears, eagles, seahawks, saints, colts

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Steelers and Colts.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I can see Atlanta being down. They have issues in free agency with their offensive line... They may lose more than 1 starter.
    I think GB is going to contend next year and I think Pittsburgh will also be in the mix, as always, bucking the trend of 'superbowl letdown'.

Prop Bet Master

The question was which Super Bowl team will miss the playoffs, but we can expand that to which playoff teams will miss the playoffs. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on that too. Historically less than half of the playoff teams from the previous season made the playoffs the next season. Last season 7 playoff teams from the previous season made it, which was tied for the most in the last 15 seasons. So don't be surprised if the league is turned upside down again next season. I would say Seattle, Kansas City, Chicago, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, New York Jets, and Atlanta are the most likely teams to miss the playoffs next season.

goucla
    goucla's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 606

for sure the ******* lucky ass overrated packers

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im going to say Atlanta as well. Matt Ryan will have his hands full with the offensive line holes.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Hopefully the Steelers, I hate them.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

I think both teams will return to the playoffs.

mav924
    mav924's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh will miss it next year

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Gonna have to go with the consensus and Pittsburgh here.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets - Pits
    Chi - No

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Colts

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

bears... <----- because this is what Cutler does the best... Sorry Bears fans you deserve better

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Of Steelers and Packers... Steelers have the tougher road

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

steelers schedule isn't bad at all next year...

but my guess neither makes it cause theres no season

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

steelers definitely. afc is way deeper

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Super bowl loser is a fade machine the following year. Just look at the past SB winners & you will see, there's money to be made fading them.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by goucla View Post
    for sure the ******* lucky ass overrated packers
    Haha...yeah, you're right, it's "lucky" to go on the road and win @ Philly, @ ATL, @ CHI, and then beat the Steelers at a neutral field...and oh yeah, coupled with having 6 of your 22 starters on IR, combined with being the 2nd most injured team in football in terms of overall number of people on IR...and then STILL win the Super Bowl...yeah, you're right. "lucky ass overrated Packers". Get out of your mom's basement and actually watch some football next season so you don't have to troll around here at SBR and make a fool of yourself.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    Haha...yeah, you're right, it's "lucky" to go on the road and win @ Philly, @ ATL, @ CHI, and then beat the Steelers at a neutral field...and oh yeah, coupled with having 6 of your 22 starters on IR, combined with being the 2nd most injured team in football in terms of overall number of people on IR...and then STILL win the Super Bowl...yeah, you're right. "lucky ass overrated Packers". Get out of your mom's basement and actually watch some football next season so you don't have to troll around here at SBR and make a fool of yourself.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Green Bay - yes / vs. NFC South & AFC West this season.
    Pit - idk? (wouldnt make a wager either way) vs. NFC West & AFC South this season.

but i would FADE both roles in the playoffs. combined 6-11 ATS in playoffs since 2000.

as far as season long there is no consistency from year-to-year in either role.

if ur lookin' for some role angle on either -
    SB winner week 1 is 12-1 SU & 8-4-1 ATS
    SB winner week 2 is 7-6 SU & 4-9 ATS
    SB loser week 1 is 3-10 SU & 2-11 ATS
    SB loser week 2 is 11-2 SU & 8-5 ATS but 7-2 ATS as single digit dog/fav

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Neither will miss.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Bet Master View Post
    The question was which Super Bowl team will miss the playoffs, but we can expand that to which playoff teams will miss the playoffs. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on that too. Historically less than half of the playoff teams from the previous season made the playoffs the next season. Last season 7 playoff teams from the previous season made it, which was tied for the most in the last 15 seasons. So don't be surprised if the league is turned upside down again next season. I would say Seattle, Kansas City, Chicago, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, New York Jets, and Atlanta are the most likely teams to miss the playoffs next season.
    I agree with all except Atlanta and the Colts.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Steelers will not make it again. All there division rivals are going to get stronger

Prop Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    I agree with all except Atlanta and the Colts.
    I don't think Indianapolis will miss the playoffs because their division is pretty weak. But injuries could hurt them again. Peyton Manning is getting older and he had his worst season in terms of passer rating in 8 years. They have made the playoffs 9 consecutive seasons, which is tied for the NFL record. That has to come to an end at some point. Atlanta is probably the best team out of the teams that I listed and I could have just as easily left them off, but they play in a pretty tough division with New Orleans and Tampa Bay. I have a feeling either New Orleans or Atlanta will miss the playoffs next season, but not both.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

steelers have been flip flop before so why not again?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Bet Master View Post
    I like where you're going with this. I still think both Superbowl teams make the playoffs next year. If you break it down, Minn has no QB, Detroit is on the rise, but still not there (really freaking close, though), Chicago is getting older on D, and slower (especially agility wise) and questionable at the QB position, it's just too inconsistent. GB has a strong chance to win that division. They have their same staff intact, mostly, and probably the best QB in the league right now, with at least 2 weapons going into next year (Driver is questionable, I won't count him and James Jones is a FA). Not to mention GB's D, which will be better next year, likely, which is scary.

As for the AFC Norris, Pitts is a top organization with some of the top coaches in the league. Cinci is crap with a horrible organization and possibly no QB next year. Cleveland has a dickload of work to do. Baltimore is a possible spoiler, but they are an injury or 2 from being out of the mix, not to mention inconsistent QB play. Pitts can take hits on injuries and compete - they are the class of their division.

I say buck the 'letdown' trend. Pitts was projected to win 10 this year (mind you, no Big Ben for 4 games), and they klled that number. GB never lost a game by more than 4 and they are amongst the youngest teams in the leauge, and the most banged up as far as 'top players' go, and they won the whole dang thing. I think it's a mistake to weed either team out. Especially prior to the schedule not even being announced yet.

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

Ravens, Chiefs, Saints

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    steelers have been flip flop before so why not again?
    I've been rolling the same question around in my mind. I'm just not sure who takes their playoff spot this time.

I see the Pats & Jets in the playoffs next year as the class of the AFC with only 1 team each coming from the AFC South and AFC West. That pretty much leaves two playoff slots for the Ravens and Steelers. The only way the Steelers get bumped out is if Cincy has a nice bounceback season, which they sometimes seem to have, or else maybe the AFC West is able to produce two playoff teams next year. One thing about the AFC West next year is that they play against two of the most brutal NFL divisions (AFC East & NFC North), that's the main reason I see only one team getting into the playoffs from that division, probably the Chargers with a marginal record like 9-7. I guess some unexpected things can happen, but the Steelers were still a borderline playoff team even in the years that they missed the playoffs. So, I'd say it's around 50/50 that the Steelers can get back into the playoffs in 2011 as a wildcard versus a field of teams like the Bengals, Texans, AFC-West-runner-up, etc even if they finish the season with a marginal 9-7 type of record.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Steelers have a good chance of missing the playoffs this year

12 Last