McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I wish someone would leak some information already. Many speculate the 24 hour extention was just to talk about extending the current CBA for a finite time in hopes of getting a deal done. I've read too many reports of concessions and potential proposals with counters to those reports. It's probably for the best we know dick of what's going on. I'm still going mental, though, following the damn thing.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The owners are probably going to have to swallow their pride and make a quick settlement by extending the CBA a week at a time until a deal gets hammered out. Maybe the judge's ruling about the TV revenues blindsided them. Maybe the apparent preparation and solidarity by the players caught them unprepared as well, especially with the threat to decertify and file a federal class action lawsuit.

I think the main thing is that the owners are not in agreement amongst themselves. I think in the old days, the old school owners had more pull and leadership amongst the fellow owners. This time, there's more disruption by the "new blood" owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder who treat this more as a business than a passion for the game.

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

All passion has been lost on the owners side, It's all about the Benjamins now and it really sucks that the game has stooped down to this level... I bet if the Fans did a lock out they'd really shit a brick, we're the ones that fill their pockets up, these fukers need a lesson. I say we should go on a strike of our own. Yeah... like I could ever stop watchin football... Those Fukers are always gonna win, one way or the other and they're gonna keep getting rich off of us and the players...

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

7 more days added to finalize the CBA agreement, the owners are a bunch of greedy fat cats... no more passion for the game, it's all about the money now... it sucks that it's all come down to money now.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want 18 games ... even 20 games. How's about that?

McBa1n
    Update your status

Ugh, a week holding our peckers. Awesome. Nothing excites a sportsfan like collective bargaining negotiations.

julio_cat
    julio_cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

So there is not a solution yet?
    Will this change the draft date?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by julio_cat View Post
    So there is not a solution yet?
    Will this change the draft date?
    There is no indication that any kind of solution has been achieved. They've negotiated that they need more negotiations.

The draft date for 2011 is set in stone, none of these negotations will affect that.

The main effect of prolonging these negotiations is political. I'm guessing the owners want to push back the class action lawsuit which will be filed by the players after the lockout goes into effect. But maybe there's some genuine negotiating going on, but I kinda doubt it. Personally, I think the sides are still very far apart and these are political moves.

One side effect to extending the CBA by one week is that teams can stay active in free agency & trades. Maybe that was something that enough owners wanted, so they could sorta straighten up the bookkeeping before the lockout officially goes into effect. After the lockout, all free agency, trades and player contact by the individual teams in general will be prohibited.

McBa1n
    Update your status

If the union decertifies, I give you this link:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ntitrust-case/

It does not really break it down, but the Union lost HUGE in the 80s by decertifying. Thit ruling will destroy them.
    The owners have all the leverage and they also probably will need more concession.

Aparently, however, many issues WERE talked about and semi-negotiated on. What pisses me off is that D Smith went, on Friday, to go coach his daughter's basketball game. What also ticked me off is that they took the weekend off of negotiating. That tells me that judges will decide the CBA like the 80s, and the NFL, as a whole, will play a shortened season and be screwed, maybe.

I wouldn't coach ANY game for any MOFO, if I were involved with the NFL. I wouldn't stop trying to get a deal done. To me, that laxidascial attitude will impact the league IMMENSLY. I do NOT like D Smith and his "pimp" hats. To be fair, I think he's a dickwad that's wants to work in the private sector for dickloads of cash, I could give a rats ass of his race. Race means nothing to me, arroagance, pisses me the f off (like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder). Point is, I do not trust D Smith, nor do I trust a very fractured owner's commitee.

The owners have the players over a barrel, yet, no matter the positive spin I read from Micheal Silver of Yahoo or any other top NFL writer, both sides are a dickload apart, no matter the rumors.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

They should do away with preseason altogether. Go to to 20 games.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    They should do away with preseason altogether. Go to to 20 games.
    ^^^^this is what the real betting public wants, and probably the average sports fan as well. If it's good enough for college football, why not Pro?

McBa1n
    Update your status

The NFL locked out the players AFTER they have de-certified the union.
    Football next season will likely happen, however, litigation will keep going long into the fact.
    Nothing gets a sports fan excited like litigation. My dick is hard, I love it (spent too much time living with lawyers).

The NFL likely will play this season, now. The NFLPA used their ONLY nuclear option in decertifying. The owners, IMO, gave the players a RIDICULOUSLY good proposal at the 11th hour, yet all this crap went down. I've been on the owners side for most of this, but crap, the players f'd us all and themselves be ignoring it all. Just saying, the salary cap would've been 25% higher in 2 years, easy. If the rookie cap went in, players that deserve it - including paying off insurance to those that played in the NFL - just saying, that is AN INCREDIBLE cap number. I hate the modern Republican like the way I hate stank on my taint - they are equal. I just think in this case, the owners gave a sick deal and the players are f'n themselves by followin mr hat, who is leading the union.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Lockout is a myth.... going to be 18 games and compromise by late may....

dee_jas
    Thinking???
    dee_jas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

what does it mean when a player becomes the franchise?

Trampas
    Trampas's Avatar Become A Pro!

is there one main stumbling block or is it a few things?

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

[COLOR=#000000 ! important] I want 18 games ... even 20 games. How's about that?[/COLOR]

First 12