White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

NFLx Thurs info.

SF @ Chi Line Open with Chi -4.5 36.5
    Key Line Move: Line drop to 3.5
    Last Week:
    SF won 34 – 6 Vs GB
    Chi Lost 26 – 29 @ SEA
    Battle for Starting QB in CHI is Over. Kyle Orton will be CHI starting QB.

San Fran 49ers - QB Rotation: J.T. O'Sullivan will start, Alex Smith, Shaun Hill, Drew Olsen.

HC Mike Nolan stuck to his mantra that it's a three-man race between Shaun Hill, 2005 top pick Alex Smith and J.T. O'Sullivan. Mike Martz added that O'Sullivan's and Hill's biggest issue is game management.

QB J.T. O'Sullivan looks like the most game-ready QB, thanks to the head start he had from working as a backup in Mike Martz's offense last year in Detroit.

O’Sullivan is scheduled to make his third consecutive start of the 49ers’ exhibition season, but coach Mike Nolan on Monday stopped short of declaring him the starter for the regular season.
    The 49ers resume their exhibition season Thursday night against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field.
    All signs point toward O’Sullivan, whose practice time since Aug. 6 has been exclusively with the 49ers’ first team — a time that has included 11 practices and two exhibition games.
    Alex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft, has not taken any snaps with the first-team offense since a joint practice with the Raiders on Aug. 4. If offensive coordinator Mike Martz and the 49ers are preparing to get Smith ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 7 against the Arizona Cardinals, they have a funny way of showing it.
    When asked what Smith can do to win the starting job, Nolan said, “Just keep playing well. He’s doing a good job. All three of the guys are doing well. Some are getting more reps than others, but I’ve been pleased with all three of them.
    “I do feel confident we have three guys who can win games. I know two of them can because I’ve played with them in the past. And we’ll continue to take a look at J.T.”
    Nolan still maintains that Shaun Hill is part of the three-way quarterback competition. Hill has seen limited practice time since Aug. 7, and he worked as the third-string quarterback in both exhibition games.

Chicago Bears - QB Rotation: Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, Caleb Hanie.

QB Kyle Orton will start as the Bears opening day quarterback, beating Rex Grossman in a competition that lasted through training camp and two preseason games.

The timing of the move was important. It allows Orton to settle in for the third preseason game Thursday against San Francisco at Soldier Field. Starters will play into the third quarter in the final significant tuneup for the season. Delaying the process any further would have sent a message to the players that the coaching staff didn't have confidence in either one.

O-line concerns: Rookie 1st round pick left tackle Chris Williams has a back problem and is probably out. His continued absence threatens to alter the Bears' plans for him this season.

Williams was drafted No. 14 overall in the belief he would step right in at left tackle, with John Tait shifting to the right side. John St. Clair has been working with the first team at left tackle, but odds were he'd start the season at left guard instead of Terrence Metcalf.

Injuries have hampered the offensive line from the start of camp. Center Olin Kreutz missed some time with a sore Achilles' tendon. Then Williams went down.

I'll update more later.

GLA.

WT.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Good stuff, White Tiger.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yes WT, your NFLX info posts are the best on the net.

suedon70
    suedon70's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great info White Tiger - thanks!

Leaning on SF +3....

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

You Welcome everyone.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

good stuff

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

these are definitely the kind threads we need here............

NOT: "play this", "Lock that", "follow me" , "bet this & that will happen", "my post game bets were" & "my record after never posting is" , etc.....etc.......
    Last edited by nevadaside; 08-20-08 at 11:45 PM. Reason: typo