eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

Drink some of Grandma's cough medicine, it will make you feel alot better.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

fvk the stellers- they suk
    just think- now you can look forward to another stellar season of pirates baseball

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

If you are talking about playing through injuries which inevitably hurt the team, I agree. I don't think Ben was right for that game. I bet if Leftwich took over at any point they would have won.

o no, im talking about big ben's playing style. By nature he is a liability like farve but there is no way I would think leftwich would have won that game. Like I said, even though big ben is a liability he can still make plays throughout the game, even when he is struggling, like farve which is why they made a come back. Leftwich on the other hand is just plain hot or cold.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-10-11 at 11:12 AM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post

Bottom line is GB had a better a better quarterback and a better game plan, and the Steelers came out flat like they were expecting the game on a silver platter. The game was not as close as the score, imo.
    Yeah the Packers should have had 21 points less.

Pack got dominated and Steelers kept giving them gift after gift.

But this thread is still funny. get over it, you got too cocky and confident on the steelers in a coin flip.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^we must have been watching a different game, the game I saw the steelers were lucky to even be in the game. They got help from all the dropped passes by GB. I don't know what you think you saw that makes you think pack got dominated in any aspect. Check the stats, the game overall was not nearly as close as the score suggest.

Giving gifts would be like the first half for the steelers vs the ravens. In that game the steelers literally gave away points. In the superbowl GB earned their turnovers and then still had to score. GB had a clear edge going into this game and it would have really shown if the WRs played better last sunday night.

Rodgers was 24/39, the majority of those 15 incompletions had nothing to do with the steelers D.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-10-11 at 11:33 AM.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I am happy for many reasons the steelers lost

1. Ben the rapist
    2.my business partner was a steelers fanatic...he ended up being the SOCAL bb gun sniper ladt june and is now locked up in CHINO state prison 6years...
    3.the steelers were given the superbowl when the refs decided the seahawks needed to wait longer for one
    4. Cant stand the terrible towel Its ugly.
    5. Ben the rapist....nuff said

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Yep. Imagine if GB didn't recover that early fumble by Tramon Williams. Getting down 21-3 was too much to overcome for Pitts.

The right pick was a "no play" or maybe a tease. I doubt either side liked their ticket on the final drive by the Steelers.

Losing Driver was about as meaningless to the Packers as the Steelers losing Sanders. Losing Woodson was significant, though. I hammered the Steelers 2H line when it was announced that Woodson was out. Unfortunately Ben was never right in that game and unable to pick apart Bush and whatever other stiffs were out there.

If you are talking about playing through injuries which inevitably hurt the team, I agree. I don't think Ben was right for that game. I bet if Leftwich took over at any point they would have won.

The Packers were not dominating anything on either side of the line of scrimmage. Pitts sacked GB 3 times, GB sacked Pitts once. GB rushed 13 times for 50 yards, Pitts had 23 rushes for 126 yards in a game where they were down 21-3 at one point. GB had a weak run defense and it was only through sheer dumb luck of that Mendenhall fumble that they didn't get completely steamrolled.

GB's dropped passes are typical. I don't know what it is, but the GB WRs drop a lot of balls, it's gone on all season. People keep saying how incredible this team would be without all the drops, but the drops have been happening all season. James Jones is the worst, he drops almost as many as he catches. But Jordy is no spiderman either, they had to take him off primary KR duties for all the fumbles.

All you do is bitch and hate on the Packers. I see you fade them every game and then talk like the other side, or "no play", was the right side AFTER you lose.

Dropped balls are typical of no team in the NFL, you clown; it's always a rarity. And GB is 14th in dropped passes, not like they were 1st.

Bitch about what ifs all you want, but 6 dropped balls, 2 of them for TD, veteans Woodson and Driver out for 2nd half = PITT backers/fans have no business complaining about "bad breaks".

Driver out meant they had to work in #5 WR Swain, with 2 years experience and virtually no playing time with 6 receptions in career. Significant.

To get an idea of how significant Woodson is, here's GB's D with/without Woodson:

With Without
    Completion% 52.9 69.6
    TD-INT 0-2 2-0
    Passer Rtg 31.9 118.0
    Score Diff +18 -12

Aye pal, go bump my thread where you make an ass of yourself and eat some crow, since you're still posting about this game.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 02-10-11 at 12:03 PM.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Everyone kept calling this game a "toss-up" or a "coin-flip", but didn't really think so. Pitt was pretty obviously outmatched, and the 'experience' angle was severely overblown.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

steelers also given the superbowl vs az

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    ^we must have been watching a different game, the game I saw the steelers were lucky to even be in the game. They got help from all the dropped passes by GB. I don't know what you think you saw that makes you think pack got dominated in any aspect. Check the stats, the game overall was not nearly as close as the score suggest.

Giving gifts would be like the first half for the steelers vs the ravens. In that game the steelers literally gave away points. In the superbowl GB earned their turnovers and then still had to score. GB had a clear edge going into this game and it would have really shown if the WRs played better last sunday night.

Rodgers was 24/39, the majority of those 15 incompletions had nothing to do with the steelers D.
    The Packers were dropping passes all year, not to mention WR fumbles. I'm not sure why this is such a surprise.

What stats suggest the game was not as close as the score suggests? Turnovers?

GB had a clear edge going into this game? Maybe that's why we're not seeing things the same way, check the thread title.

You wanted the WRs to have played better? This game was one of their highest receiving output games of the season.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

gdoom
    gdoom's Avatar Become A Pro!

losers.............

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

The Packers were dropping passes all year, not to mention WR fumbles. I'm not sure why this is such a surprise.

What stats suggest the Packers are prone to dropping balls? I can't find any.

For whatever reason, sometimes a fast wideout still sucks as a kick returner. Greg Lewis had that problem when the Eagles tried to make him a punt returner. Somehow defensive backs seem to be better for it. So your whole bit about Jordi Nelson is a fallacy.

The point is the packers got up huge, *forcing* more turnovers and dicing up the steelers pass D. Then they started playing prevent way too early, had two of their top three corners go down for the game before halftime and let them get back in it. That won't show in "stats".

This game was never a "flip" and neither was last year's. Right side won that one too.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I'm assuming it's because you lost money, not because if you're a hardcore Steelers fan.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

hhaaha my teams not even in the superbowl. if it makes you feel better

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by gdoom View Post
    losers.............

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Sorry you lost but it was a football game. Try to keep it in perspective.
    Mr. str, he is not the only one...

Taking a Super Bowl Loss to Heart Can be Deadly, Study Finds

Search that on Google and see, gdoom is not alone, in fact he is just one of many who feel the same way.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

lol why suffering...the better team won. The Steelers weren't even the best team in the AFC imo.

slacker00

What stats suggest the Packers are prone to dropping balls? I can't find any.

For whatever reason, sometimes a fast wideout still sucks as a kick returner. Greg Lewis had that problem when the Eagles tried to make him a punt returner. Somehow defensive backs seem to be better for it. So your whole bit about Jordi Nelson is a fallacy.

The point is the packers got up huge, *forcing* more turnovers and dicing up the steelers pass D. Then they started playing prevent way too early, had two of their top three corners go down for the game before halftime and let them get back in it. That won't show in "stats".

This game was never a "flip" and neither was last year's. Right side won that one too.
    What part of Jordy Nelson fumbling kickoffs is a fallacy? I dug up an article after his infamous game which removed him from primary KR duties. This should explain things so that you can understand what I'm talking about.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/green-b...-kick-returner
    That makes for 6 fumbles in 71 combined career kick and punt returns by Nelson, which amounts to nearly one in every 12 returns.

The only reason I asked for "stats" is because that was the original quote, "Check the stats, the game overall was not nearly as close as the score suggest.". I am sincerely asking for clarification on what this quote means. What stats?

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

One less turnover and Pitt wins, the end.

Nathan Bug Tyler
    Nathan Bug Tyler's Avatar Become A Pro!

get over it, move on, lets focus on baseball coming up

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by gdoom View Post
    losers.............
    look in the mirror

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

sucks

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

GB had a clear edge going into this game? Maybe that's why we're not seeing things the same way, check the thread title.

You wanted the WRs to have played better? This game was one of their highest receiving output games of the season.
    How much you lose fading the Pack in the playoffs this year? Never seen anybody so wrong on any team then you were about GB in the playoffs. Thanks for the making my GB plays feel like

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    How much you lose fading the Pack in the playoffs this year? Never seen anybody so wrong on any team then you were about GB in the playoffs. Thanks for the making my GB plays feel like
    I lost exactly 4 units on my 4 GB playoff FG plays. I more than made up for that on "fade GB" Super Bowl props, though.

I'm glad I could bring joy to your life. I try to post at least one play every day, feel free to fade me.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Not a fan of either team, but it was painfully obvious Green Bay was the hotter team, if not the better team going in.
    They did win, what, five pressure packed games in a row.

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
    • "I was very surprised that on 4th-and-5 (at the end of the game), the Steelers decided to throw to the guy (that Packers CB) Tramon Williams was covering. They had one healthy cornerback left to avoid and that is the way they throw? It was a great play by Williams. If I were (Steelers offensive coordinator) Bruce Arians, that would have been the last thing I said — avoid throwing No. 38's way. He was hands down the most improved defensive player in the NFL this year."
    • "When the Packers lost Charles Woodson (in the first half of Super Bowl XLV), they knew (Jarrett) Bush could not cover — that's why they kept blitzing him."
    • "If you look at how Sam Shields played from the time he entered preseason to the end of the year, the improvement was phenomenal. He did not know what to do early on. That's coaching right there. My hat's off to Dom Capers."
    Points Awarded:

icancount2one gave wisky 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by wisky View Post
    The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
    • "I was very surprised that on 4th-and-5 (at the end of the game), the Steelers decided to throw to the guy (that Packers CB) Tramon Williams was covering. They had one healthy cornerback left to avoid and that is the way they throw? It was a great play by Williams. If I were (Steelers offensive coordinator) Bruce Arians, that would have been the last thing I said — avoid throwing No. 38's way. He was hands down the most improved defensive player in the NFL this year."
    • "When the Packers lost Charles Woodson (in the first half of Super Bowl XLV), they knew (Jarrett) Bush could not cover — that's why they kept blitzing him."
    • "If you look at how Sam Shields played from the time he entered preseason to the end of the year, the improvement was phenomenal. He did not know what to do early on. That's coaching right there. My hat's off to Dom Capers."
    The only reason the Steelers were even in the game was because GB lost Woodson and Shields for most of the game. Pitt.'s TD at the end of the half was scored on Bush who was subbing for the injured Shields who missed the whole 3rd quarter and gave up a TD to Wallace late in the 4th. Shields was clearly hurt and after being badly by Wallace, he was taken out and replaced by Patrick Lee a guy who hardly played all year.

If GB doesn't lose half their secondary in this game, they win easy; it's that simple.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

What part of Jordy Nelson fumbling kickoffs is a fallacy? I dug up an article after his infamous game which removed him from primary KR duties. This should explain things so that you can understand what I'm talking about.
    What I'm saying is that fumbles on kick returns do not correlate to dropped passes. Greg Lewis failed horrifically as a kick returner for the Eagles but never had a drops problem (he just couldn't get open or beat press coverage). For any receiver to drop that many passes that were so on the money is insane.

If Big Ben had made the same kind of throws, where only the receiver could (and should) get it, maybe he'd have a third ring.

slacker00

What I'm saying is that fumbles on kick returns do not correlate to dropped passes.
    It correlates because it means he can't hang onto the ball. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Jordy Nelson, some great WRs drop tons of balls. I think Wes Welker led the league in dropped passes in 2010. I think it's because when a player is targetted that much, they're going to drop some of them. I'm just saying that it shouldn't surprise people so much when a WR drops passes in the NFL.

If Big Ben had made the same kind of throws, where only the receiver could (and should) get it, maybe he'd have a third ring.
    Roethlisberger had something wrong with his plant foot and it was affecting his throws all game. Of all of the analysis I did before the game, I can't believe I didn't know about this. It wasn't on any of the injury reports that I can recall. I remember the announcers showing his foot on the first drive and how he was wearing a shoe that was two sizes too big on that foot. You could tell that it was all taped up and his steps seemed labored. So, yeah, Ben couldn't make those throws and I wish Leftwich could've come in at any point because Ben was not himself for that game.

First 12