bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Unbelievable! Fans offered a refund of their tickets bc temporary seating unsecure?

Okay so you travel from Pittsburgh or Green Bay and have paid 3000 for a ticket with face value of a 1000 or less on top of huge travel expenses and now you are told not only are you not allowed in but you will be refunded your tickets value (assumably face value not the scalpers price many paid) so you're refunded 1000 a piece for your 3000 a piece tickets and told to go watch the game at the Holiday Inn instead.

Are you fuckin kidding me? If I was on a jury I'd award each ticket holder turned away 100k, this is just fukin stupid. You dont fuckin workout how many seats are going to be available before the fuckin Super Bowl that's a sellout every year and you've known about for years. Complete incompetence on the part of whoever planned and sold tickets to those seats and robbing the fans is not the answer! This is the ******* Super Bowl not just some regular season Cowboys game

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

what happened?

bettilimbroke999

From what I heard on the Fox pregame show the temporary seating was apparently unsecure according to the fire marshall and not approved for seating fans. The 1000 or so fans that would've been seated there were simply offered refunds of their tickets instead

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

They said the fire marshall said seatin in the stadium was unsecure they would relocate them to a different area. Or refund... I smell big issue coming this week

bettilimbroke999

When every seat is sold I dont see how they could relocate the majority of them, theres certainly not over a 1000 unsold seats to fit them in. A large # of those ticket holders are going to be forced to refund or watch the game in that 200 a ticket "party plaza" which is fukin ridiculous if you've dropped 3 dimes a seat. How can they not have this stuff figured out before selling the tickets, I mean do they really wait til the day before the Super Bowl to run this shit by the fire marshall. I would have no problem awarding each juror a 100k, **** that rich roosterlicker Jerry Jones!

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

If this is all true it's fukkin B.S. I feel sorry for those guys offered a refund, they are getting p*ssed on

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

All those people are fukkin squares. Pay $3K or more just to watch a game. They should all get kicked in the nuts for being such suckers in the first place. I have a front row seat right here for free.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absurd. At the very least they should relocate them AND give them a refund, but it made it seem like they were given the option of a refund OR relocation. So basically, you'd be paying $3K to stand in a corner at the stadium to watch a game if you decide not to take the refund...pretty ridiculous...

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I wouldn't accept what they offer. If you do, you may not be able to file a lawsuit.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Maybe give them free super bowl tickets for life.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

I would seriously sue the NFL.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Maybe give them free super bowl tickets for life.
    Thats a little wishful thinking but I was thinking like a 5000/seat reimbursement would be reasonable. This is just unreal to deny ticketholders their seat at the Super Bowl and offer them face value refunds I mean we're talkin 1000 or less refunds which prolly put each ticketholder 3 thousand in the hole after travel and actual ticket costs on top of denying them entry to the biggest sports event in the country thats the whole reason they traveled all that way in the first place bc of the event planners complete incompetence, I just dont even fuckin understand even suggesting just a face value refund.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Well now they have been given 3x the face value of the ticket as a refund. 400 were turned away and 850 were 'relocated'

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

lawsuit coming no doubt

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

ARLINGTON, Texas – Angry fans outside a Cowboys Stadium fence chanted “Let us in,” “Jerry sucks,” and “We want seats” while being denied inside access for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday.

Approximately 850 fans with tickets in sections 205A, 215A, 230A, and 240A were affected and were relocated to similar or better seats.
    Four hundred fans in sections 425A and 430A were not able to be accommodated with seats inside the stadium. These fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets are $900.

The safety of fans attending the Super Bowl was paramount in making the decision and the NFL, Dallas Cowboys and City of Arlington officials are in agreement with the resolution.
    Ron Soncini, a Steelers fan from Reno, Nev., wasn’t happy with the NFL’s offer.
    “The game is what I came here to see, not to be rejected,” he said about 90 minutes before kickoff. “I don’t understand this. This is ridiculous.”
    While the league didn’t explain the nature of the delay in its release, fan Amanda Saldana of San Antonio says they were told that “stuff was blocking our seats.”
    Many of the rejected fans said they were skeptical of the unofficial refund letter given to them at the gate. They also were opposed to watching the game in a hospitality area.
    Phil McCollough of Orlando, Fla., thought he would be attending his 13th Super Bowl. He paid $1,700 for his ticket. “I could have been home playing with my grandchildren instead of this.”
    Others said they had paid up to $3,000 for their seats and were not happy about the NFL’s offer to give them three times the amount in a refund.
    “What about our travel and hotel expenses,” one man shouted.
    Incomplete installation of temporary seats in a limited number of sections made the seats unusable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ngryfans020611