Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone thinking teaser?

Steelers +10 seems pretty tasty. Only problem I have is with the total. Don't know if it's gonna be a defensive clash (Under 52) or a QB shootout (Over 38).

When I consider the game, I'm thinking it will end up at 28-21 (49) for the under. Worst case, I can see 28-24 (52) for a push. Any thoughts?

Wait.... as I type this I'm realizing those are both Over 38

I'm not going to delete it and just going to leave it there anyways for the laughter. So, with the Over 38... 21-17 would be a push and anything worse would be a loss. I don't see that kind of low scoring in the Superbowl with all these emotions flying around.

Alright, it's settled for me. Steelers +10 and Over 38
    Last edited by Pap45murF; 02-06-11 at 01:29 AM.

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet exactly that, PIT +10 and under 52

its a pretty solid bet and i feel like if the game goes over, is high scoring, then GB could pull away from steelers like new england did earlier this year

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    i bet exactly that, PIT +10 and under 52
    This would be my same thinking. If Pitts can keep the score down, they can hang around.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Pack +4.5 and under 52 is the play. How can you tease Pitt. when GB hasn't been beaten by more than 4 points all year?

Pap45murF

Packers 18th ranked Rush Defense against Mendenhall. Big Ben is very comfortable in Super Bowl settings, and matches up easily with Rodgers. What Matthews brings for the Packers D, Polamalu brings just as hard for the Steelers.

Plus in my opinion, GB hasn't played anyone decent since the Pats at the beginning of the season which they lost. And with that mediocre schedule, they still lost to the Redskins, the Dolphins, and Lions... whereas the Steelers have only lost to the Patriots, the Ravens, the Saints, and the Jets. All very good teams. And Green Bay only had to beat the Bears and Falcons to get here, who were always overrated to me so I wasn't impressed.

I think Vegas knows it's going to be a 3-7 point victory, so I'm just covering all the angles with a +10.

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pap45murF View Post
    Packers 18th ranked Rush Defense against Mendenhall. Big Ben is very comfortable in Super Bowl settings, and matches up easily with Rodgers. What Matthews brings for the Packers D, Polamalu brings just as hard for the Steelers.

Plus in my opinion, GB hasn't played anyone decent since the Pats at the beginning of the season which they lost. And with that mediocre schedule, they still lost to the Redskins, the Dolphins, and Lions... whereas the Steelers have only lost to the Patriots, the Ravens, the Saints, and the Jets. All very good teams. And Green Bay only had to beat the Bears and Falcons to get here, who were always overrated to me so I wasn't impressed.

I think Vegas knows it's going to be a 3-7 point victory, so I'm just covering all the angles with a +10.
    i agree with you on the steelers but...
    GB vs Pats was end of the season and they didn't have Rodgers...
    One would argue that the only games that matter are recent games and GB has been on a roll. They also beat Vick in Philly and killed the Giants at the end of the season

Pit won 2 games at home, played 2 terrible halves and 2 terrific halves
    GB won 3 games on the road

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Well They played the Lions game with backup for over a half and the Pats with backup for entire game I beleive they were 15 point dogs and almost pulled the win SU down inside the redzone with game on the line when clock management cost them. Redskins and Dolphins both in OT just saying. And they beat those same Jets in the regular season @ NYJ where PIT lost to them @ home in regular season once again just saying. If Green Bay spreads out the Steelers they can dismantle them just like NE did + this game is being played in a dome just like the loss against NO for the steelers if this game was outside in the cold I would lean towards Pittsburgh but GB is the team best suited for a dome with their spread out passing attack Rodgers will get the ball to the 1 on 1 matchups and toast that Steelers secondary. I believe Pittsburgh will have a their own share of big plays also Mike Wallace will hit 1 home run I bet. And just the threat of Mike Wallace deep should open up some nice running lanes and holes in the 2nd tier for Mendenhall to have some nice gains I believe the score will be 28-24 Packers With Pittsburgh only making a game of it late.

Pap45murF

True to all that. I'm not even confident enough in the Steelers to pick Pitt ML. But Big Ben losing by more than 10 points in his element? It would take a hell of an effort by the Packers combined with a lot of bad calls and tough breaks for the Steelers. I just don't see it happening.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I guess my thinking is this Green Bay even in the games they lost this year has been by a FG except NE which we talked about and DET which we talked about. I would rather Take GB +3.5 than PIT +10 for the simple fact that I can see Pittsburgh losing by more than 10 more than I can see GB not winning. The 2 games that will resmble what the Pittsburgh defense is going up against are the NE game and NO game both games they lost. gl with your play I have a Teaser that I got right away when lines came out GB +3.5 and Over 38 that was a 6 Point teaser and I would feel very confident in doing a 6.5 Point Teaser right now taking GB +3.5 Over 38.5 gl with your play which ever way you go.

Pap45murF

Yeah. I think this game can correctly be argued either way. I'll be so hammered for this game I'll forget I even made a bet anyways. GL to both backers.

Pap45murF

Congrats to me and congrats to all the Packer backers.

That turf just looked ridiculous. Might as well have played on slippery concrete. GB injures half their team.