Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Vin's SB picks - will bet my 378 points on this one.

I've posted a few NFL plays this season here and there, and have done fairly well.

I figured I'd have a little fun with this post, because I'm sure there will be dissenting opinions on the subject.

Steelers will win the Super Bowl. Forget the points.

Green Bay is the popular pick for a host of reasons, but let's not forget who they're playing here.

Steelers have the #1 defense, and for some reason, everyone forgets that they have a decent offense as well.

Now, I respect the Packers defense, as they can play with the best of them. However, they are succeptible to the run, and although not having Pouncey will hurt, I have to believe that the Steelers will have had plenty of time to work around that fact.

I watched the third string QB of Chicago move down the field with no problems in the second half of that GB/CHI game, and if he had a few more minutes - you probably would have seen overtime.

Now, what do you think that a first-rate QB like Roethlisberger is going to do? Nothing?

Sorry folks, but the Steelers have gotten absolutely no respect at all this season. None.

They lost to New England, New Orleans, Baltimore, and the Jets. All teams with winning records; all playoff teams. Competative games in all of them except for the New England game; losing with seconds to go to Baltimore; by 10 at New Orleans (and it should have been less); and by 5 against the Jets.

Now Green Bay lost to Chicago, Washington, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, and New England. Now, I know what you're going to say...Rodgers was out for the Detroit and New England games. Okay, fine. However, he doesn't play defense. He doesn't play special teams, run the ball or block. They've lost all of their games in close fashion - all competative games.

Everyone keeps saying that GB has all the momentum. While they do have their own momentum, doesn't Pittsburgh? This is key here. Pittsburgh has lost one game since November 14th. I don't care if some of the teams sucked, or whatever. They won, and against the poorer teams in their last two games, in convincing fashion. They have just as much motivation and momentum as Green Bay.

Now, I'm not saying that Pitt blows them out or anything ridiculous. And yes, it's unfortunate that there are some injuries that take away from their overall strength. But the Steelers play extremely well in big games, and extremely well as an underdog.

They have the experience on the team, and have been here before - just two years ago. The Packers are younger, and you can't discount the effect of the big stage on a team that hasn't been there before. So label them as the favorite here is also ridiculous. This should be a pickem' game.

Anyway, I pick the Steelers to win here, and the game to go under.

I won't be back to rebut any comments or whatever, as I'm going to Arlington early tomorrow morning.

I will bet anyone who wants these points, in this fashion:

Up to 250 on the Steelers to win.

Up to 128 on the under 45 for the game total.

First come, first served. If you want it all or a piece, just reply with whether you want Green Bay to win or the over, and how many points you'd like to bet.

If you win, I give you the points you wager. If I win, I'd expect the same in return.

First people who bet by replying to this post are in - you can all do the math. The first bets totaling 250 on Green Bay are in, anything after that are not. First bets totaling 128 on the over are in, anything after that are not.

Let's have fun - best of luck.

Peace,
    Vin

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

love the write up. Thanx

shopbar picks

i will take 28 on the over
    Points Awarded:

Vinnybagadonuts gave shopbar picks 28 SBR Point(s) for this post.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I love reading posts like this. Pittsburgh has been there uh come on kids didn't you watch last years super bowl? How many Super bowls did Drew Brees play in compared to Payton Manning? Don't you think the Colts had a little more experience then those Saints and what was the outcome in that one? So that logic doesn't really fly to well in this game.

Vinnybagadonuts

If you say. You'll see. Rodgers will make some mistakes today.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I like Green Bay and the under

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Lol all the teams you mentioned were the only good teams on the Steelers schedule...they beat up on sub 500 teams all year or squeeked out wins against decent teams. Also packers def. have veteran players that arent young that are going to be hungry to win a superbowl. Donald Driver will have the game of his life, as well as charles woodson. Troy polom. achillese tendon is still botherin him even though he will play...no pouncey...DE still out. Feel sorry for you fellas getting sucked into the steelers. Ben wont be able to comeback on this defense like Zona. Also last game I think the Packers were a little surprised and sandbagged when the back up quarterback came in.....lazy pretty much. Anybody who played sports knows this concept when your UP....you start taking it easy. When you DOWN....you step it up a notch....thats just basic sports physics .

kingofmonash
    my crap
    kingofmonash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

so many capper on steelers

im fadin u all

Vinnybagadonuts

Well, I was there. It was a very close, competative game.

At the end of the day, we handed them 17 points via turnovers, and it was too much to overcome.

Losing by six should tell anyone that we were definitely in the game despite the turnovers, but I hand it to the Pack.

Here's to next year.

shopbar picks

Thanx vin. The best team did win the game