El Stugoto
    Shot Caller
    El Stugoto's Avatar Become A Pro!

This super bowl is a coin flip, right?

Why not steelers ML then? Talk me out of it....

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

That's basically my reasoning as well.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the real question is how much is GB going to win by and if they will cover. I say they win by 3-7

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by pinchylarue View Post
    I think the real question is how much is GB going to win by and if they will cover. I say they win by 3-7
    Seems like most people taking GB are laying the points. It's fairly unusual for a game to land in the 1-2 range.

I started out last week putting Pitts in every teaser. If it hits in your range, I'll be happy, the pleasure of backing dogs.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line is probably right where it needs to be.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I think the best play is to Tease the dog up to the 8.5-9 range. I really believe this game goes down to the wire and possibly the last possession. I like Green Bay to win, but gonna take the Steelers +8.5 and over 38.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Since when are Super Bowls high scoring games? If anything teams waste time even more in this game. If this game was a 14-3 type affair it would not surprise me.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

both team evenly match.. no play for me.. sucks.. just enjoy a good game i guess

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by xxxvince View Post
    both team evenly match.. no play for me.. sucks.. just enjoy a good game i guess
    Dude. There are thousands of props out there. Basically free money begging to be won.

Here's my most recent find:

BetPhoenix: Packers most penalty yardage +125

I looked up the stats for 2010 and the Packers are slightly more penalized than the Steelers, but it's basically a wash. Might as well take the free dog money.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Starting to lean und

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I'll end up betting a couple of props just for the action, but I see no value in the spread. I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win by 10 or lose by 3.

Go Steelers!

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

und is a good solid bet

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be laying the 2.3 but I do like the prop on GB penalty yards. Everyone knows the guys in stripes have been on PItt's side all year. NO way they get more penalties/yards called against them.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

Yep, not betting this one, agree with your call a coin flip. Gonna lay down a soccer bet instead and maybe play a poker game instead of watchin or while watching the game.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with OP. Probably going small on Steelers ML. Just another game and nothing crazy.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

The line is perfect for both sides. If you like GB lay the -2.5. If you like PIT play the +3. Don't play the PIT ML because there isn't as much value as the +3..

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I like Steelers +3

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers allow only 62.8 yards per game on the ground. It’s obvious that Super Bowl line odds makers believe the Packers’ wide receivers will have a big impact on the game because 44 ½ points is a lot of points in a contest between the 2nd ranked D in the league, Pittsburgh, and the 5th ranked D in the league,Green BayThe line for Super Bowl total of 44 ½ will go either up or down depending on how sports handicappers view Green Bay’s passing game versus Pittsburgh’s secondary.I’m not ready to say how much of an impact Green Bay’s wide receivers will have on the total assigned to the game.What I am ready to say is that if the total stays at over 44,that most football bettors believe Green Bay’s wide receivers are going to be very effective versus the Steelers’ D because Green Bay’s best shot (only shot?)of putting points on the board on February 6th is through their passing game.

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it could go either way. I'm taking the Pitt ml .

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

This game rest on the Steeler's DBs and how Rodgers plays.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    Steelers allow only 62.8 yards per game on the ground. It’s obvious that Super Bowl line odds makers believe the Packers’ wide receivers will have a big impact on the game because 44 ½ points is a lot of points in a contest between the 2nd ranked D in the league, Pittsburgh, and the 5th ranked D in the league,Green BayThe line for Super Bowl total of 44 ½ will go either up or down depending on how sports handicappers view Green Bay’s passing game versus Pittsburgh’s secondary.I’m not ready to say how much of an impact Green Bay’s wide receivers will have on the total assigned to the game.What I am ready to say is that if the total stays at over 44,that most football bettors believe Green Bay’s wide receivers are going to be very effective versus the Steelers’ D because Green Bay’s best shot (only shot?)of putting points on the board on February 6th is through their passing game.
    This is all irrelevant. 5 of the last 6 SB totals have gone under, and this season overs have hit at 58% since week 3 or 4 (including bad weather games and playoffs).

There is no logic justifying either play. 44.5 was bet up early to 46 and that was promptly bet back down.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Coin flip seems to be the logical way to analyze this game, but do 2 out of 3 to be sure.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

I can't get away from backing the Pack....taking Pitt + the pts seems too easy.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

This is a contested issue but I really don't like how Big Ben is almost encouraged to stand in the pocket/withstand very dangerous pressure. I realize it can be a plus but in my mind your QB should be pressured as little as possible and contacted even less. Small coin on GB spread-good luck.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    This is a contested issue but I really don't like how Big Ben is almost encouraged to stand in the pocket/withstand very dangerous pressure. I realize it can be a plus but in my mind your QB should be pressured as little as possible and contacted even less. Small coin on GB spread-good luck.
    It's been this way for Roethlisberger's entire career. He's got 2 rings going on 3. He's 10-2 in the playoffs.

Last week, Ben's QB rating was 35.5 and they won. His QB rating was 22.6 when they beat Seattle for his first ring. It's a scheme that seems to win, they play light's out defense and smash mouth run game. I'm somewhat amazed that people forget how their WRs are nearly as good as GB's WRs. Ben is old school and can win games with a broken nose folded over to the side of his face. He's not one of these modern QBs who gets touched on the helmet and has to leave the game with a concussion.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

ok stu, but since it's a coin flip, why not take pitt ml 2h (if they're behind) for better value? If they're ahead at the half, it becomes a no play.

(no action on the show being a small 'price' to pay for possible added value on what is felt to be a coin flip play.)

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I am on Pittsburg ML, best bet IMO and with no bet i'd probably be cheering for GreenBay

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Yea, I'm taking heads(GB) and hittin hard.

No way in hell a wild card should be the favorite in a super bowl against a Division Champ.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    No way in hell a wild card should be the favorite in a super bowl against a Division Champ.
    I think this pretty much sums it up for me too.

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Many advantageous lines with the props, that's where the money can be made

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Yea, I'm taking heads(GB) and hittin hard.

Wild Card vs Division Champ... why does that mean anything?

If it was Jets vs Seattle who should be the favorite? Seattle won their division...

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

eberetta.? u are betting soccer instead of the superbowl? man. what a wus out. a bunch of half naked guys running around falling on the field and crying they got pushed. oooohhhh ohhhhh did ya see that play.
    go on man. don't post in the superbowl section. u got a pansy soccer bet.

vividjohn45

by tomorrow game time. las vegas hotels will be full and around 100 million dollars will be wagered on the superbowl.

but ebretta just placed a 25 dollar wager on. fc cologne and let us know about it and that he will have none of this superbowl matters.

dude. please go on.

vividjohn45

steelers ml. is the manly man's play. gb is 10-6. and those games were won in wisconsin. 7-1.

vividjohn45

steeler's away 7-1 ml.

12 Last