bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens to meet with Vince Young

Ravens to meet with V. Young

By: Aaron Wilson
    Staff Writer
    Date: Apr 3, 2006

OWINGS MILLS -- University of Texas quarterback Vince Young is scheduled to meet with the Baltimore Ravens' brass today at the team's training complex.

Young has rebounded well from his low test score on the Wonderlic logic and intelligence exam at the scouting combine with a strong workout on the Texas campus, according to scouts who were impressed with his 4.57 speed over 40 yards and how he dropped back from under center after operating out of the shotgun a lot for the Longhorns.

Just in case Young unexpectedly slides out of the top 10 selections and is available for the Ravens' 13th overall selection, they want to have as much information as possible about the consensus All-American. Plus, there's always the chance that the Ravens will wind up competing against him one day and will have firsthand knowledge about the 6-foot-4, 228-pound athletic passer by hosting him for one of their 20 designated visits with college prospects.

Young has drawn significant interest from several teams, including the Tennessee Titans, Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals and his hometown Houston Texans. Quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel and director of college scouting Eric DeCosta attended his workout in Austin, Texas.

Young led Texas to the national title with a Rose Bowl victory over USC, running for 200 yards and three touchdowns and completing 30 of 40 passes for 267 yards.

In addition to being a long time contributor to RavensInsider, Aaron Wilson writes for the Carroll County Times in Westminster Maryland.

If you are reading this article via a news portal, you can find the original on

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

They would be dumb enough to pick him on Day 1, wouldn't they. The good news for them is that the raiders are a dumber franchise than the Ravens. Plus, Fumbles mcScramble will fit more into the gangter homeboy bling bling drive-by lifestyle of the Raiders organization.

I just can't get over how these teams pay these GM's and personal people all this money and they still can't see the obvious. Simply pathetic.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some NFL team will be lucky to get Vince lower
    in the 1st round and then they will pollish him
    up like Texas did after the recriuted him. Young
    was very raw when he got to UT and ended up
    a Heisman trophy canidate. He aint no gangsta
    type and people who are all ready shiting on him
    will eat there words in a few seasons.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Curse Fire
    Some NFL team will be lucky to get Vince lower
    in the 1st round and then they will pollish him
    up like Texas did after the recriuted him. Young
    was very raw when he got to UT and ended up
    a Heisman trophy canidate. He aint no gangsta
    type and people who are all ready shiting on him
    will eat there words in a few seasons.

You've got to be kidding me. Oh, he'll gethis chances thats for sure. Refer to the "Vince Young" thread somewhere on page 3 or 4 on this thread started by "Scorpion"to see a detailed list of reasons why he has no chance at all to have success in the NFL. He was a good fit at the college level and was a good college quarterback, but his game translates horrible to the NFL.

And by the way, Vince himself admitted he was "gangsta". He was quite proud of it actually. And mack has admitted, he just let him do his thing and stopped coaching him. Not like mack can coach anyway.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

to see a detailed list of reasons why he has no chance at all to have success in the NFL.

Let me guess what reason #1 was.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    You've got to be kidding me. Oh, he'll gethis chances thats for sure. Refer to the "Vince Young" thread somewhere on page 3 or 4 on this thread started by "Scorpion"to see a detailed list of reasons why he has no chance at all to have success in the NFL. He was a good fit at the college level and was a good college quarterback, but his game translates horrible to the NFL.

And by the way, Vince himself admitted he was "gangsta". He was quite proud of it actually. And mack has admitted, he just let him do his thing and stopped coaching him. Not like mack can coach anyway.
    I don't got to be kidding you. Im just saying
    my opinion like you say your opinion. You
    oviously dont think Im right and I damn sure
    dont think your right. Not to hard to see it one
    way or another.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    Let me guess what reason #1 was.

Nope, you are wrong. You have me read completely wrong. Everything I say on Vince is complete fact. If you find something that is not, I will retract my statement on it.

Trust me, you have me all wrong. I'll see if i can dig up that thread and copy it here or just my post.

Let me ask you this? Do you think he will have success in the NFL? I don't even know your opinion on the matter I just know you like to rip mine.

Also, if you want to talk about "racial stereotyping" and all that crap, I'd appreciate it if you did not associate me with any kind of Klan organization as that couldn't be firther from the truth about who I am. I'm not some ignorant jackass, do I have my opinons? YES, who doesn't. But most of what i can is FACT. You just like to take the easy way out and attck my credibility by calling me a racist.

The Great One

Here's some reasons he won't be successful in the NFL. The "dual-threat qurterback doesn't work in the NFL. It's been proven time and time again. I'm trying keep this politically correct here:

1. He can't hit a receiver in stride.Kinda important in the NFL
    2. He's really only about 5'11" BECAUSE OF HIS SIDEARM DELIVERY.
    3. He's flat out dumb and has admitted he's gangsta which just can't be good.
    4. All previous running quarterbacks are not successful in the NFL
    5. He comes out of shotgun offense with 2 formation and literally 8 plays.
    6 His passing skills won't "come around" like people think. That just doesn't happen.(Michael Vick has exactly two, 300 yard passing games
    7. He's not coachable. mack Brown can't coach anyway but has admitted he was better off using his athletic ability in college and not thinking. But that doesn't work in the NFL at all.
    8. If everything with him pans out which it won't, his career is still over by 30 plus you know he will at least miss one full season to an injury. Happens with all "dual-threat: quarterbacks.

If you debate point 8, look at Vick who has missed 25%of his career because he was running around. Culpepper who missed this entire past season because of the same thing. McNabb who missed most of the season 3 or 4 years ago when Feely replaced him and actually performed better. McWhhelchair; when is he not hurt. I would put Aaron Brooks in there; but teams didn't want to hurt him because it helps there chances of winning when he's in there.