BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bad blood between Rodgers and injured Packers rehabbing back home.

Rodgers went on record condemning some of the Packers on injured reserve who went back home to other states to rehab where they didn't dress in civies attending games on the sideline.Rodgers said,I stayed in Green Bay when I was on IR and rahabbing and they should too.I guess you may have a team divided?Linebacker Nick Barnett took exception to Rodgers where he closed his Twitter account where he doesn't want contact with Rodgers.

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think this is an issue. At all.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Lol, you realize that Rodgers was one of the main captains who lobbied to get the picture day moved so that the injured players could be in the picture, right? Also, I'm sure that Rodgers and Barnett usually contact in ways other than Twitter, right?

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by your pixel army View Post
    I don't think this is an issue. At all.
    This. There may be some lingering feelings beginning next season, but at the moment, it's all about Super Bowl Sunday and the 45 players that suit up on that day, not the guys on IR who will have no impact on the game.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is already old news, and as others have said it is a total non-issue. Seriously, no one cares.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

You cared to open the thread about it

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    You cared to open the thread about it
    Meaning no one in Green Bay cares. Nick Barnett is a douche, if I know that then im sure his teammates do too.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Hope Nick Barnett enjoys the SB picture - it will be this jackass's last act as a Packer. We have so much LB depth he is gone before next season...

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Rodgers went on record condemning some of the Packers on injured reserve who went back home to other states to rehab where they didn't dress in civies attending games on the sideline.Rodgers said,I stayed in Green Bay when I was on IR and rahabbing and they should too.I guess you may have a team divided?Linebacker Nick Barnett took exception to Rodgers where he closed his Twitter account where he doesn't want contact with Rodgers.
    you can see his message on his facebook page

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Do they really talk about stuff like this in cheese-head land?

must be too much snow on the ground to get out.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Rogers spoke with Barnett long ago and this has been long resolved.

Like the way everyone is attempting every which way they can to throw Aaron under the bus(see cancer patient shrug) when in reality he is one of the most genuine and decent guys we have seen at the QB position in years.

No QB in the leage deserves a ring more so than Aaron, the way he handled the Favre situation alone should indicate to everyone the type of character this guy has.

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

This is beyond old new, not to mention its pointless news

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    How can a team be divided? The IR guys are not part of the team now.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

And Rodgers has a point, a good one. I fyou are part of the team you should be part of the team both healthy and hurt.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Thats how the Packers treat their players

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Hope Nick Barnett enjoys the SB picture - it will be this jackass's last act as a Packer. We have so much LB depth he is gone before next season...
    I've been seeing this talk that Nick Barnett is gone after the season. I don't get it. He's been nothing but a quality starter and a team leader since day 1. Sure he's had a couple injuries in the past few years, but that's beyond the guy's control, even guys like Ray Lewis and Brian Uhrlacher have missed time with injuries over the years. This is the NFL, players deal with injuries. As far as the locker room drama, this is a non-issue, a mountain out of a molehill. The guys in the locker room know that Nick Barnett is a team leader and a positive influence. As for his play on the field, Barnett is second-to-none and Bishop has played well but he's still no Nick Barnett.

Now if you want to start throwing guys under the bus, Jermichael Finley might be a better lightning rod. He hasn't even finished his second season in the NFL and he's already talking about a new contract. He's a premium talent, but guys that talk contract in spots like this are nothing but trouble.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

bye bye nick barnett

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Story is over a week old...and is over 3 times already. I heard something is going on in Egypt as well.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by bradnowell View Post
    bye bye nick barnett
    Why? Just why?

Why would the Packers release a premium LB when the main thing that saved this season was their LB depth.

Ted Thompson played 10 years in the NFL at LB. He knows the value of a premium leader like Barnett as well as the value of LB depth. If anything, AJ Hawk might be the one to leave the team, depending on how the contract negotiations go in the offseason. AJ Hawk is due $10 million in the last year of his deal and Hawk coming into this season was considered to be a borderline bust considering that he was taken #5 in 2006. I think it might be interesting to see what Thompson does with Hawk, who is coming off a career year for him entering a contract negotiation offseason, but taking Hawk's career as a whole he's probably not worth more than Nick Barnett. I expect Thompson to at the very least retain Nick Barnett (due $6 million next season) through the rest of his contract (expires after 2012).

ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

this is a non story

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers will still win, don't buy into the media's bullshit.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

This problem doesn't even fukking matter....Packers will get past this and will win the game. Easy.

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

twitter account what is this high school, these guys are professionals don't buy the bullshit

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

happened to meet Rodgers on a cruise once...the Packers fans thought he was a jerk at the time

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

I like when they call out the sissies.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Nick Barnett messages about his teammate Aaron Rodgers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nick Barnett- Well looks like people have something to say about where some people choose to do there rehab.. Try rehabing with 16 others then 53

Nick Barnett- Doubt you get the full attention needed.. It's easy to speak about others when you are not in their position.. Talk about "union" ha

Nick Barnett- Forget it... Anyways god bless

Nick Barnett- Goodbye twitter... It was fun while it lasted.. But we need to focus on important things..

Nick Barnett- Before I delete this page just wanted to say I was never trying to be a distration... I am packer have been one for 8 going on 9 years

Nick Barnett- I love this team this city.. All I wanted to be is included as a teammate nothing more.. Looks like it has back fired on me.. I guess

Nick Barnett- That was asking too much... Sorry if I offended anyone.. That was not my intention.. Never that

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the more rodgers is in the spotlight the bigger jerkoff he's becoming.

from the championship belt celebration to side stepping a cancer patient like a pass rush so he doesnt sign her hat to talking smack about his teammates..... starting to dislike him immensely.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    the more rodgers is in the spotlight the bigger jerkoff he's becoming.

from the championship belt celebration to side stepping a cancer patient like a pass rush so he doesnt sign her hat to talking smack about his teammates..... starting to dislike him immensely.
    Oh yeah, those are *major* transgressions, let's run him to jail Vick style for murdering dogs because Rodgers was preoccupied with other thoughts in the airport lobby that he didn't recognize his surroundings.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

perception is reality.

i bet you were one of millions that questioned derek andersons heart and character because he was caught smiling for 1 second during a 3 hour telecast, right?

and if your favorite player side stepped you and ignored you when all you wanted was his autograph would your feelings not be hurt?

oh right, you would just make excuses for his bad behavior like a battered wife.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

and if your favorite player side stepped you and ignored you when all you wanted was his autograph would your feelings not be hurt?
    I was in Joe's Pub in the East Village in the early 90's, when me and my girlfriend at the time saw Jeter drinking (non-alcohol I think) with Jason Sehorn when he was with the NY Giants.

I'm the biggest Yankee and Giants fan on the planet, we approached the two of them, I just wanted to say hi, maybe shake their hands, Sehorn was cool enough, Jeter just stared at the floor, didn't make eye contact, came across cold, was I hurt? Not really, just said to myself he must get approached 1000x a day, he could've said hi, but no big deal. Doesn't make him a jerkoff.

I've seen first hand Jay Buhner push aside with an open palm a 13 year old wanting an autograph in front of the Grand Hyatt in NYC when the M's were in town, that's a jerkoff.

I've heard Dave Kingman and his dead rats in shoebox antics with female reporters, that's a jackoff.

I've heard from people first hand on how Kirk Gibson is/was a jackoff.

Rodgers has the same type personality as Tim Lincecum, aloof, doesn't make them jackoffs.

If you don't like him, cool, I'm down with that, but I think he's aloof, not a jackoff.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

rodgers is awesome, class act all the way around
    doing a td celebration and not signing something once for a lady he has signed 100 things for doesn't change anything

haters gonna hate

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

would you rather have the guy (rodgers) whose biggest crime is not signing an autograph?
    or the guy (favre) taking vicodin illegally, cheating on his wife 100 times, and sending naked pictures of himself to people that hated his guts?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

if you went up to steve nash to ask for his autograph and he sidesteps you and completely ignores you, your opinion of him wouldnt change even a little?

im sure im not the only one that finds that hard to believe.

and unnecessary distractions are not good prior to the sb. just ask the raiders and the falcons.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

if a little girl with leukemia askes rodgers to sign her hat and he sidesteps her and ignores her, you would be fine with that?

as long as he throws tds, right?

DrStale

perception is reality.

i bet you were one of millions that questioned derek andersons heart and character because he was caught smiling for 1 second during a 3 hour telecast, right?

oh right, you would just make excuses for his bad behavior like a battered wife.
    Man you people really don't have a clue. Rodgers signed stuff for that same lady a bunch of times in the past (he had signed something for her the previous week in fact). He really has to stop and sign something every single time he sees her just because she has cancer? How many autographs does one person need?

Oh right, you just condemn the guy without knowing the whole story. Get your facts together before you attack the guy.

123 Last