SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

Five Favre scenarios

Let’s break down the possibilities:

1. The Packers Sincerely Will Allow Favre and Rodgers To Compete.
    In light of the organization’s bipolar tendencies of recent weeks, it’s hard not to be skeptical of anything Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson says right now. But it’s quite possible that, given the circumstances – no trade offers they consider overly enticing; a desire not to allow the Vikings to acquire Favre for nothing; the quarterback’s rejection of a reported 10-year, $20-million licensing deal and calling of the team’s bluff by choosing to report; commissioner Roger Goodell’s intervention – the Pack’s powers that be caved and decided to go with the best player, Rodgers’ feelings be damned.

2. The Packers Will Rig the Competition In Rodgers’ Favor. Because Thompson and McCarthy clearly made a psychic shift toward the fourth-year passer in March, when Favre recanted on his initial decision to end his retirement, I wonder whether they’re truly open to reversing course. Telling Favre he has the right to compete for his job could be an effort to placate him – and create leverage with trade partners such as the Vikings – while sticking with the plan they’ve had in place all along. If a trade can’t be worked out, they might be thinking, perhaps Favre will become disgusted, take the licensing deal and retire after all.

3. The Packers Will Trade Favre (Even If They Have To Make A Lousy Deal).
    Though head coach Brad Childress denied the Packers contacted the Vikings on Friday about a potential deal for Favre, I believe the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s report was accurate. Certainly, the Packers would listen to offers, and the team’s insistence that Favre is being welcomed back might merely be an attempt to jack up the stakes.

4. The Packers Will Release Favre Before the Start of the Season. Assuming Rodgers is declared the winner of the competition, be it legitimate or rigged, and there are no sufficient trade offers, the team then would wait until a few days before the first regular-season game and grant Favre his freedom. That would put him in a tough spot, even if he were to sign with a team that features an offense with which he is familiar, like the Vikings. Oh, and by the way, Minnesota opens its season at Lambeau on Monday, Sept. 8. Again, it seems unlikely Thompson and McCarthy would go to this much trouble – and create this much tension for Rodgers – if this is the ultimate intention. But I suppose it’s possible.

5. The Packers Will Give Favre His Job Back, Consequences Be Damned. The franchise and its all-time passing leader are like co-dependents in a lousy relationship, and neither side can walk away. For years Favre has been conflicted about his intentions, overly sensitive when he feels he’s not getting enough love from his superiors and chafed when they don’t run the team the way he wants them to (i.e. not trading for Randy Moss after the ‘06 season). Thompson, meanwhile, puts up a tough front but seems to live in fear of alienating Favre and his fan base.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I hope it's No. 6: Rodgers wins a fair competition for the job and Bret pouts on the bench all season long while the former Cal Bear has a solid season.

What a fvckin' crybaby this dude is. Simply impossible for me to root for him any longer.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Go Brett!!!!!!!!

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I root for him because he's Brett ****kin Favre and his rooster is bigger than anyone's here.

vsdspread
    vsdspread's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I hope it's No. 6: Rodgers wins a fair competition for the job and Bret pouts on the bench all season long while the former Cal Bear has a solid season.

What a fvckin' crybaby this dude is. Simply impossible for me to root for him any longer.

Willie,

You're an idiot! Enough said!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I find it amusing all the Vikings talk. I mean sure MAYBE he will go there ... but does anyone in their right mind think Green Bay is going to trade him there any time before TC breaks and give him a chance to acclimate to their offense and then play against them in Week 1?

BuddyBear
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Any legitimate competition would have Favre winning it. Aaron Rodgers should just sit his ass on the bench and hold the clipboard. The biggest idiots are those who think that AR is better for GB than BF. Favre would beat him out throwing left-handed.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

nobshine
    nobshine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favre will never throw another ball in GB. He might go to TB but he is history in GB. He is not bigger than the team.
    I have sources that tell me he has always been a prima donna and seperates himself from his teammates. I loved watching him play but its time to move on.

Dram queen. And I bleed green and gold.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Careful, nobshine. You'll fall into the idiot category with me for having such an opinion.

2PLAYSMAX
    2PLAYSMAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

The trade seems to be what's going to happen within the next 24hrs.

nobshine
    nobshine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Careful, nobshine. You'll fall into the idiot category with me for having such an opinion.
    Its all good Willie, dont want to stir the pot here. I am as big a Favre fan as anyone here but its time to stop the drama. He reminds me a little of Bonds, i.e. not showering with his teammates, his own area in the locker room. Who made the final decision to hire Sherman? #4 .......... Harlan had Brett in his office and asked who HE wanted for a head coach. He got what he wanted as he could do no wrong under Sherman. Things are different now and Thompson and Mcarthy are running things. Is Rodgers the answer? Who knows but waffling with an org. like he has done is not good for business.

GB has done as much for Favre as he has done for the org. He was nothing till Wolf took a shot with him. Lucky? Maybe. He has NEVER had to ask for $$$$$$$. Org. took care of him.

Time to move on.

ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Farve hopping back on his jet. The Jets offered a 4th round pick which could be a 2nd round pick based on performance. Jets are +1800 to win the AFC championship (BetOnline).

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish he would just go away, his whole act has become so tiresome.

rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 880

Quote Originally Posted by ico2525 View Post
    Farve hopping back on his jet. The Jets offered a 4th round pick which could be a 2nd round pick based on performance. Jets are +1800 to win the AFC championship (BetOnline).
    AFC title, you can have +180000 on them to win the division if you want

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/20/2005