SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

ANOTHER Brett Favre twist

ESPN NEWS

Ed Werder of ESPN is reporting Brett Favre has been reinstated by Roger Goodell and that Favre is traveling to Green Bay on Sunday to report to Packers’ training camp. If this is the case, the Packers will have 24 hours to activate Favre or release him.

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow... You know i love Brett Favre but really have a problem with his situation. After denying rumors of coming back, and telling GB 3 times that he wasnt going to change his mind, he decides to bring up a sea of drama leading into the season.. This is ultimately going to make the packers a worse team rather than build on Rodgers.. dumb dumb dumb dumb!

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope they activate him. And then play him in pratice with the 3rd string offensive line in front of him, while sending out the 1st defensive unit and tell them to tee off on him. Then do the same in the exhibition games. Send him out at the first of the game, when you know the other team's starters are in their, but send out guys who are going to get cut and couldn't block a place kicker, much less a 300 # raging bull.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Packers are having a scrimmage today too. This should interesting to say the least.

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Why is this guy so jerked off to? He beat a bad Pats team cause Desmond Howard returned a kickoff and gave away a trip to the SB last year because he threw one of the worst passes of all time when the pack could have ran the ball into the endzone. He's not a top 20 all time QB and wouldnt start for baltimore....getting really sick of him

sofun
    sofun's Avatar Become A Pro!

it is a shame for old old Favre, I don't like this guy at all, just liar, dishonest and greedy. turn story around and around

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

The guy decides he wants to play...he's a person like all of you. So he made things tougher on an organization, but give me a break. You guys are being dicks, and I'd venture that you guys are more selfish than Favre. Give him a break.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would trade him to the Dolphins. Let's see if he wants to retire then.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Should be interesting to see how this story develops....

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    Why is this guy so jerked off to? He beat a bad Pats team cause Desmond Howard returned a kickoff and gave away a trip to the SB last year because he threw one of the worst passes of all time when the pack could have ran the ball into the endzone. He's not a top 20 all time QB and wouldnt start for baltimore....getting really sick of him
    Umm. He's a 3-time MVP and the runner-up for the MVP for LAST SEASON. Judge him on one pass? That seems logical. He's one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. Period.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sofun View Post
    it is a shame for old old Favre, I don't like this guy at all, just liar, dishonest and greedy. turn story around and around
    If he were greedy, he would have taken the $20 million the Packers offered him to stay retired, instead of the $13 million he's due to make this year if he plays. The guy wants to play. You've got it all wrong.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Wow... You know i love Brett Favre but really have a problem with his situation. After denying rumors of coming back, and telling GB 3 times that he wasnt going to change his mind, he decides to bring up a sea of drama leading into the season.. This is ultimately going to make the packers a worse team rather than build on Rodgers.. dumb dumb dumb dumb!
    Yeah. Putting the runner-up to the MVP award from last season behind center makes your team worse instead of a guy that hasn't started a single NFL game in his life. That makes perfect sense.

sofun
    sofun's Avatar Become A Pro!

can you explain to me why he went out to public and announce for the retirement, and keep turn down rumors that he would never come back to play. he is not a kid bro. he is old and need to make a brick decision and leave the space for the next generations. next young players. he is a jerk off

bigugly

Oh. Only children can change their minds. I get it.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

You think its easy for professional athletes to retire when that's the only thing they've known in their entire lives? Look at Montana, look at Jordan. No great athletes retire gracefully. This guy can still play. I thought he was definitely coming back again this year. His announcement came as a shock and he realizes he can still play. So why shouldn't he? He'll regret it if he doesn't.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I'm also sure if the cap hit wouldn't be enourmous he would renegotiate his contract. I dont' think playing this year or next year is about the money. I think its because he wants to play. He's already gotten paid.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Packers would love to release him, but then he'd enter the Hall of Fame with some other team. I think $20 million not to play is the way to go. If not, invite him to camp and let him be the back up. If Packers would have done that to begin with, he never would have come back...he has too much ego to ride the pine. However, if he can beat out Rodgers (I don't think he can at this point in his career), then let him be the starter. You're team will be better with him than without him. Packers really must not like Favre to not want him back enough to offer $20 million to stay retired.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

20 Million over 10 years was a ripoff and Favre figure that out

He can make 12 this year an that 12 will be worth a lot more than 20 million in 10 years.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow! ESPN now reporting there'll be a "quarterback competition" in GB!

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Packers would love to release him, but then he'd enter the Hall of Fame with some other team. I think $20 million not to play is the way to go. If not, invite him to camp and let him be the back up. If Packers would have done that to begin with, he never would have come back...he has too much ego to ride the pine. However, if he can beat out Rodgers (I don't think he can at this point in his career), then let him be the starter. You're team will be better with him than without him. Packers really must not like Favre to not want him back enough to offer $20 million to stay retired.
    His massive ego will not allow him to play backup. The guy is just getting more odd every day. Now he will hold his team hostage to try to release him. What a f!@#ing prick this guy is......

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Barring injury, Brett will start in Green Bay. I said it a month ago and will say it again. He gives GB the best chance of winning this year and thats what it is about. Hell Rodgerts will be a free agent anyways in a year or two...

Sean

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I the only one who thinks maybe GB is bringing him back for the "open competition" with the intent that he doesn't have a shot in hell to win it?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

What happened in six months that makes him inferior to Aaron Rodgers? I really don't understand where most of you are coming from. He is the runner-up for the MVP from last season. Someone explain this to me.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    What happened in six months that makes him inferior to Aaron Rodgers? I really don't understand where most of you are coming from. He is the runner-up for the MVP from last season. Someone explain this to me.
    The answer, of course, is nothing has happened. Brett was the better QB last year. And he'll be the better QB this year, as well.

Neither side comes off looking good here. Favre retired. Then said he wanted to come back. Then said, no, he'd stay retired. Then decided he wanted to play after all. So, Brett doesn't come off looking like a Boy Scout in all this. He just doesn't.

The Packer organization comes off looking just as bad, if not worse with the "we've moved on. Aaron Rodgers is our QB. Brett come come back and hold a clip-board." To, Brett will you please take $20 million to just go away but we'll call it a "marketing deal". To "we welcome Brett back. There will now be an open competition for the QB position.

If you're the Packers how do you go to Aaron Rodgers and say, "you know how we said you were our starting QB? Well...maybe that was a bit premature..." How does that conversation go down??

The NFL is a bottom line business. Brett gives the Packers the best chance to win, he'll be the QB on opening day and for the rest of the season.

Doc

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    The answer, of course, is nothing has happened. Brett was the better QB last year. And he'll be the better QB this year, as well.

Neither side comes off looking good here. Favre retired. Then said he wanted to come back. Then said, no, he'd stay retired. Then decided he wanted to play after all. So, Brett doesn't come off looking like a Boy Scout in all this. He just doesn't.

The Packer organization comes off looking just as bad, if not worse with the "we've moved on. Aaron Rodgers is our QB. Brett come come back and hold a clip-board." To, Brett will you please take $20 million to just go away but we'll call it a "marketing deal". To "we welcome Brett back. There will now be an open competition for the QB position.

If you're the Packers how do you go to Aaron Rodgers and say, "you know how we said you were our starting QB? Well...maybe that was a bit premature..." How does that conversation go down??

The NFL is a bottom line business. Brett gives the Packers the best chance to win, he'll be the QB on opening day and for the rest of the season.

Doc
    disagree he will not play for packers

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    disagree he will not play for packers
    Oh, you very well may be right. The Pack could still be trying to deal him to Minnesota/Chicago. But by saying there is going to be an open competition for the QB position, it doesn't sound like there still trying to trade him.

bigugly

Just a bunch of haters, that's all.

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I hope Aaron Rodgers kicks Favre's ass.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

if they hold him hostage I think the NFLPA will step in...regardless i think this offseason you will see a Brett Favre rule put int.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by badhunter View Post
    I hope Aaron Rodgers kicks Favre's ass.
    Humm...Let's see...on one hand we have a 3 time MVP who had his team in the NFC Finals last year vs. someone who has been injured more in back-up duty than Favre has in his entire NFL career.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    ...regardless i think this offseason you will see a Brett Favre rule put int.
    What kind of rule do you anticipate?

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Humm...Let's see...on one hand we have a 3 time MVP who had his team in the NFC Finals last year vs. someone who has been injured more in back-up duty than Favre has in his entire NFL career.
    Hmm, So we've got a grown man crying like a little girl announcing his retirement to the world, a team working its ass off for six months since getting the team ready for their new qb, Rodgers, to succeed, and the cry baby decides two weeks before the pre-season he wants to come back because he can't figure out how to live his life without football. Go figure. Rodgers is a class act, and I hope he kick's Favre's ass and wins by outperforming him.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

The Packers need to keep him. If you gone try to keep him away from the game to the point you would spend 25 million then he must be good enough to play now.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

Oh, you very well may be right. The Pack could still be trying to deal him to Minnesota/Chicago. But by saying there is going to be an open competition for the QB position, it doesn't sound like there still trying to trade him.
    I feel he will get bought out and fake an injury to retire, that is my thoughts.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by badhunter View Post
    Hmm, So we've got a grown man crying like a little girl announcing his retirement to the world, a team working its ass off for six months since getting the team ready for their new qb, Rodgers, to succeed, and the cry baby decides two weeks before the pre-season he wants to come back because he can't figure out how to live his life without football. Go figure. Rodgers is a class act, and I hope he kick's Favre's ass and wins by outperforming him.
    Rodgers been at all the OTA's and mini-camps while Favre has been home in Mississippi throwing to high school kids. If Rodgers DOESN'T win the job by outperforming Favre, what does that say about Rodgers??? And what does it say about Favre???

You can hate on Brett all you want but if you think Rodgers gives the Packers a better chance to win in 2008 that Favre does, you are sadly mistaken.

Doc

12 Last