BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Why not just put Favre on a military AWAC plane like they did for Bush on 9-11 where he just hovers over the USA until somebody cuts a deal for him where he can land.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

They said tonight on the football game Bret is 8 to 1 he will not play for Packers seems like I was right.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    I feel he will get bought out and fake an injury to retire, that is my thoughts.
    Once again, he declined $20 million to stay retired, deciding instead to play for $13 million. How do you figure he's going to be bought out? Its a little late for that.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

They said tonight on the football game Bret is 8 to 1 he will not play for Packers seems like I was right.
    Yeah. Likely from a credible linesmaker "on the football game". And no way an 8:1 could ever happen, is there? That's like hitting the lottery! You were sooo right.

Brett Favre will start for the Green Bay Packers. If he wasn't going to be a part of the team, he never would have been accepted into camp. Period.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Yeah. Likely from a credible linesmaker "on the football game". And no way an 8:1 could ever happen, is there? That's like hitting the lottery! You were sooo right.

Brett Favre will start for the Green Bay Packers. If he wasn't going to be a part of the team, he never would have been accepted into camp. Period.
    Time will tell, you will see, wake up my friend they don't want him and he doesn't want to be there, he will not finish the season with Packers trust me.

Apple wager here?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Of course he wants to be there. In his own words, the Packers have just as good a chance of making the Super Bowl as anyone. Time will tell? The time is NOW. He either starts for the Packers or is traded immediately. You do not make a major trade for a 38 year old quarterback in the middle of the season. The trade window has already passed. He will start for the Packers this year.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Of course he wants to be there. In his own words, the Packers have just as good a chance of making the Super Bowl as anyone. Time will tell? The time is NOW. He either starts for the Packers or is traded immediately. You do not make a major trade for a 38 year old quarterback in the middle of the season. The trade window has already passed. He will start for the Packers this year.
    Just don't see it. He will not have a fair camp, they will put him as a back up and he will move on if that happens.

Now it is a bitter battle. They don't offer 20 mil to retire if they want him

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Yeah, the Packers are going to sit Brett Favre on the bench all season long when he gives them the best chance of winning. Uh huh. And then when Aaron Rodgers throws 4 picks and 0 TD's in his first game, the Packer fans won't be SCREAMING for Favre, will they? Nah. Never.

ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think he'll play for the Pack this year - despite GB saying the QB job is open.

A trade seems most likely. There are probably teams that will indeed trade for an old QB who is heading for the Hall but still has gas in the tank.

Who, tho? That is the question.

Minny would love to get him - their own QB is a weak spot.

But GB won't likely let Favre go to a division rival. Let's Chi out also.

And Favre won't play for a non-contender.

Who'l left? Hmm, let's see. Phillly, if McNabb goes down pre-season. That's pretty speculative, tho.

Denver? Nah, deteriorated defense.

OK, got it!!

BALTIMORE!!

The Delaware rookie ain't gonna get them the gold ring. And don't even mention Boller, now a backup for the rest of his career.

Opening day, Bret's a Raven!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, the Packers are going to sit Brett Favre on the bench all season long when he gives them the best chance of winning. Uh huh. And then when Aaron Rodgers throws 4 picks and 0 TD's in his first game, the Packer fans won't be SCREAMING for Favre, will they? Nah. Never.
    Silly to argue with you on this, all I can say is time will tell.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Yes, it is. As a lifetime Packer fan, I highly doubt you have any more insight than I do.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, it is. As a lifetime Packer fan, I highly doubt you have any more insight than I do.

I do but like I said your talking from your heart, so there is no reasoning with you. Don't cry when he is not a packer.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the end of the day- screw Aaron Rodgers. Wrong place wrong time for him. It's Brett's team, and if he wants to play for the next 2 years then let him.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I do but like I said your talking from your heart, so there is no reasoning with you. Don't cry when he is not a packer.
    I'm not speaking from my heart. I'm speaking from a fans perspective and one which the Packer organization will certainly need to consider. There is nothing worse for a team than alienating your fan base. And you're about as sharp as a thimble, so your opinion is insignificant in my eyes. Load up on that prop. I dare you.

SBR Lou

Vikings contacted about trade for Favre

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers welcomed back quarterback Brett Favre from the reserve-retired list Sunday knowing full well that they've already taken the first step toward trading him to the Minnesota Vikings.

An executive in personnel for a National Football League team with close ties to clubs in the NFC North Division told the Journal Sentinel that the Packers called the Vikings on Friday informing them that Favre was available.

“They’ve kind of said through one of their (front-office) guys that if Favre did report they would potentially trade him within the division,” the executive said late Sunday afternoon.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Yay Brett!!!

SBR Lou

Nina/others,

ANyone hear Rodgers went 7/20 with an INT in the Packers scrimmage game and was BOOED off the field at Lambeau by fans? Poor guy, led on to believe he'll be the starter and having the rug pulled from under him.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Don't worry ...he says he's confident in himself .

SBR Lou

Looks like Favre isn't getting his job back!

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Nina/others,

ANyone hear Rodgers went 7/20 with an INT in the Packers scrimmage game and was BOOED off the field at Lambeau by fans? Poor guy, led on to believe he'll be the starter and having the rug pulled from under him.
    Hear it? I watched it on the NFL channel. And giggled all the way through it.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Looks like Favre isn't getting his job back!
    What did they do? Tell him not to practice, go on the field?

I can understand where the Packers are coming from. Not cool to make pretend retire. They're trying to run a business, prepare for future seasons.....Farve is so out of line here. Big stain on his legacy, not the Packers.

Have you seen him hamm it up for the cameras the last few days. Guy has an ego the size of a small country....

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    What did they do? Tell him not to practice, go on the field?

I can understand where the Packers are coming from. Not cool to make pretend retire. They're trying to run a business, prepare for future seasons.....Farve is so out of line here. Big stain on his legacy, not the Packers.

Have you seen him hamm it up for the cameras the last few days. Guy has an ego the size of a small country....
    Yeah, f*ck him and Aaron Rodgers. I don't even care anymore who starts there, I'm just sick of hearing about it.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Adding yet another bizarre layer to the saga that is Brett Favre, the Green Bay Packers reported to the league office Tuesday that Favre is not practicing because of a non-football injury. Non-football injuries are those that occur in activities not sanctioned by the team, including offseason workouts away from the team facility.
    That status, as well as physically unable to perform, is typically for players who fail their training camp physical. Players in that category still count against the active roster, and can begin practicing at any time until roster cut-downs when teams must decide whether to keep the player on the roster or place them on reserve. On reserve, the player cannot begin practicing until after the sixth week of the season.
    It isn't known if Favre even underwent a physical after reporting to training camp Monday. The Packers, of course, have not yet announced this procedural move, much less revealed if Favre actually has an injury.

I am starting to believe maybe Favre is telling the truth. GB are looking more and more like aholes in this whole matter.

chipper13101
    chipper13101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Without Brett, the Pack will stink.

ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

They were willing to pay him $20M not to play, yet he's willing to accept $13M to suit up. Everyone knows there is no competition between Favre and Rodgers. Tell #4 to put his pads on. Rodgers will make a great second string QB. This BS is driving everyone nuts. If Favre doesn't start in the regular season, I hope the Packers turn out to be the worst team in the NFC.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Jeezus the local Tampa media are jerking off all over themselves tonight hoping the Favre signs here.

This is more annoying than the Diddy - Burger King commercial.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not speaking from my heart. I'm speaking from a fans perspective and one which the Packer organization will certainly need to consider. There is nothing worse for a team than alienating your fan base. And you're about as sharp as a thimble, so your opinion is insignificant in my eyes. Load up on that prop. I dare you.

I did and I won. Now what do you think?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Hey moneyFOker

Time will tell, you will see, wake up my friend they don't want him and he doesn't want to be there, he will not finish the season with Packers trust me.

Apple wager here?

Remember this statement??

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I don't know if anyone posted this yet.....GB has a clause with the Jets. If Farve plays:

50% of games = 4th round pick
    60% of games = 3rd round pick
    70% of games = 2nd round pick
    80% of games and/or superbowl appearance = 1st round pick

And get this, if the Jets decide to trade Farve for any reason to a NFC North team (Minny, Chic, Det), the Jets lose 3 - 1st round draft picks....Wow. GB never wants to see Farve in that division.

All I can say is.......Farve has consecitive games starting records. So First rounder it is then.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

[/B]

I did and I won. Now what do you think?

I was under the assumption that he would be practicing with the team. If he had just one practice under his belt, he was there for good. Congrats on the win.
    Last edited by MonkeyF0cker; 08-08-08 at 10:04 AM.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Remember this statement??
    Yes, and I also remember this one:

I feel he will get bought out and fake an injury to retire, that is my thoughts.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post
    All I can say is.......Farve has consecitive games starting records. So First rounder it is then.
    I think the clause was 80% of games started/and the Super Bowl, at least according to NFL Network, which given doesn't have the brightest minds in sports working for them.

First 12