French Tickler
    The Tickler
    French Tickler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the Jets wont win this weekend vs the Steelers

Simply put... No offense.

Lets turn back the clock to the 22-17 win they had earlier in the year againt Pittsburgh. The Jets offense was only able to put up 13 points vs the Steelers, the other 9 points came from a kick return, and a safety. Now lets fast forward to the playoffs. The Jets offense was only able to score 1 touchdowns on offense, and getting 1 field goal. They amassed 353yd of total offense. Now those 17points are only alloting them .048 ppy (points per yard). Next they headed into New England to face the Patriots, where they did even less, and thanks to a couple of short fields where they got the ball they were able to capitaliz. For example the onside kick try by New England in the 4th. They were out gained, out played, and yet still got the breaks to get them the win. That game they had a .089 ppy, in since doubling their ppy from the previous game. But, remember to take into effect the 2 very short fields they scored on both of those possesions.

Now, they head into Pittsburgh. The last time they met, Pittsburghs defense held the lacklust Jets offense to only 276 yards, and this was without Troy Palamalu. Also the Jets were a beneficiary of a "fake" hit, that hit Braylon Edwards on the shoulder and wasnt even close to being helmet to helmet, that kept their scoring drive alive on that 3rd down play. When they played the Steelers their offense was held to .047 ppy... and this was with an unhealthy defense.

So lets recap:

Only scored 17points against a beat up and hurt Colts team.
    Were only able to score 28 (with 2 very short field position plays) against a mediocre Patriots defense, and are now heading to play the #1 defense in the league at home.

This game will definately fall well below the # as both teams bring in good defenses, but as of right now, your pitting (no pun intended) the Steelers Offense led by 2-time Super Bowl winning Ben Roethlisberger, against the 2nd year player Sanchez, who is decnet, but on the cusp of getting to the next level of QB in the NFL.
    Im going to ride with Experience, Coaching, a better well-rounded experienced offense with Roethlisberger, and a stellar defense.

PICK:
    Steelers 21 NY Jets 10

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Good observation, I can see it all day long. The Jets caught a beat up Indy team and a flat NE team, I believe their run is over. Their SB was last week IMO.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1254

This arm chair QB has Breen Bay/ Pitt in Dallas as does the NFL

Sportsnut1968
    Sportsnut1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Opening kickoff for a td, plus a safety...No Troy.....This game will be much different......The Steelers D will take over

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I liek the Steelers to take it

Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the writeup a lot!! let's cash this

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

good write up and I totally agree! only thing you aren't accounting for with the under play is a pittsburgh defensive TD, there's a good chance of it happening when the jets get down and are forced into multiple score situations. Pitt covers handily though.

givemeone
    givemeone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2013

Let me see a Beat up Indy team and a flat New England team,wonder what the excuse will be this week when the Jets win again....Pitt didn't have enough towels to throw at the Jets...

THoll702
    THoll702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5448

I am so sure the Steelers would have went to New England and dominated the Pats the way the Jets did. Well, maybe not. Trouble in Three River City. Holmes, Cotchery, Edwards, Keller against the secondary of Pittsburgh: CAN"T WAIT.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Steeler O-lineman were wobbling around at the end of the last game like drunks coming out of a bar at 2AM? The Jets are 5x better at O-line, receiver, and defensive back! I don't know how Wallace got 100 yds in their last meeting but he can stay home or travel to Revis Island for this one....Reggie Wayne 1 catch for 1 yard...Branch shutdown completely while the game was in doubt! Big Ben won't be picking up 3rd/19s on NY! Don't disregard the Jets special team advantage either! Steeler units aren't strong and Cromartie is blazing fast...Brad Smith could be back as well? Ravens had a punt return TD last week except for Golden Globe nominee Steeler scrub falling down/crying ouch! Bolden dropped a TD & Housyourmama dropped a 4th down throw....Jets receivers are much more dynamic! You don't think Santonio Holmes will be ready to go? Small play for me on Jets ML....Jets lose if they line up in I-formation and end up in 3rd/8 all day but I think Sanchez is better than Flacco and he had his chances!

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

On paper the Steelers win this game but.............that's why they play the game. It should be a fun game to watch. One thing I know about the NFL is that when you think you know what's going to happen it goes directly opposite.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

If it ends up GB/Pitt for the SB...I'm ALL OVER GB!! Brady spread Pitt out and killed those huge LBs w/short passes when the Pats went there earlier.....Rodgers would do the exact same thing...just with much better receivers! The Steelers won't be able to slow the game down either on the fast turf in Dallas! GB is +160 to win the SB on Bodog....seemed a little low because the public loves GB but its starting to look like a value imo!

TrippingBilly
    TrippingBilly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys, I agree that Sanchez will take heat and make mistakes this game. But let us be careful not to give Pitt too much credit. Pitt is 3-4 vs playoff teams and their largest margin of victory during those games was 7 points. Also in those 7 games vs playoff teams Big Ben was sacked 25 times, and after seeing the Jets get after Brady all game last week I think they will have success this week as well against a mediocre and beat up O-line. The Jets defense will keep this a close game they don't know how to lose.

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice write up, good points, i like steelers ats but i see too much value in jets ml to pass up at 170

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Steelers definitely have the experience. I like the Steelers ML.