Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Kickoff 08! Super Bowl Predictions...

Hey guys! I am back from my hiatus! Always take those few months off between no NBA and no NFL... Have never had luck with Bases, so I usually lay low and just bet some Nascar and some PGA Tour...

So lets get everyones predictions for the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay... What two teams are gonna be in it and who is your prediction? I will save this thread and we will see if anyone hits it right on the money come February...

Does anyone bet teams OVER/UNDER wins/losses? I've got a few that I have been looking at...

Cowboys OVER 10.5 wins
    Saints OVER 8.5 wins
    Giants UNDER 9 wins

Anybody have any opinion on those 3 props? Would love to hear your feedback on those and get your thoughts on who you think will be in the Super Bowl and win it... I am pumped for the season to start... My ponies back in action this Sunday August 3rd @ the Hall of Fame game! I hate pre-season, but it will be good to see the horseshoes back on the field!

P2M's Fearless Super Bowl Prediction:
    Colts vs. Cowboys
    31 24

Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant say I agree with your name

Brady2Moss

or your superbowl prediction... Colts suck

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Cowboys OVER 10.5 wins
    Saints OVER 8.5 wins
    Giants UNDER 9 wins
    Seems pretty solid, except these props usually have a lot of juice, not to mention your money being held for 6 months.

I'd also lay off betting the Colts to win the Super Bowl just yet. Their top 4 players, who account for 35% of their salary cap in 2008 are all coming off injuries. I need to see Marvin, Peyton, Freeney, Sanders all looking 100% before I start talking seriously about the Colts in 2008.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

It seems like such a square play but why not SD Chargers over 10.5??

Cappy
    Cappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 880

Patriots, in straight sets

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    It seems like such a square play but why not SD Chargers over 10.5??
    I like it. I think the Chargers might be the team to beat this year.

Unfortunately they have one of the toughest schedules in 2008. I can see them coasting to 10 wins in the AFC West, then running like a buzzsaw through the playoffs similar to how the Giants, Colts, Steelers have done in recent years.

Cappy

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I like it. I think the Chargers might be the team to beat this year.

Unfortunately they have one of the toughest schedules in 2008. I can see them coasting to 10 wins in the AFC West, then running like a buzzsaw through the playoffs similar to how the Giants, Colts, Steelers have done in recent years.
    AFC west, they would have to catch the wild card if they were in the east

Cappy

You're right, they probably would be able to pick up the WC with the wins they'll get this season even if they don't take the division

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Chargers +700 to win Super Bowl

NFC...eh, who cares.

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

saints over 8.5 all day!!

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Patriots 27 Cowboys 37

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Chargers +700 to win Super Bowl

NFC...eh, who cares.
    yea who cares

even though the NFC won the superbowl last year

unreal the logic of some people

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

The Cowboys will go under 10.5! Dont let the media fool you! But I like the Saints over 8.5 thats a steal!

Brady2Moss

Im not so sure about the saints. Just because they have shockey now? I dont buy that... The panthers are going to have a good season and the bucs are always a tough out. I think the saints will be around .500

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

panthers suck..delhomme sux...they wont make it 2 the playoffs... i do agree wit saints over 8.5 i think cboys will end up wit like 11 or so wins, so take that as you may. giants will get like 6-7 wins IMO anyhow good luck everyone this year!

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady2Moss View Post
    Im not so sure about the saints. Just because they have shockey now? I dont buy that... The panthers are going to have a good season and the bucs are always a tough out. I think the saints will be around .500
    For the past 5 years everyone has said the Panthers were going to be good.. Literally the past 5 years.. They are a joke.. Delhomme blows and they need some help in Carolina.. They need to break down that team and restructure it.. The Saints only fair competition in the South is the Bucs.. Enough said...

Sabanbama
    Sabanbama's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats will make history again this coming year.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    saints over 8.5 all day!!
    I really like the Saints to go around 10-6 this year... I think Brees will have a huge year and I'm not saying this just because of the addition of Shockey... Colston is one of the best receivers in the league and with a few additions on defense hopefully their "O" won't have to play in shootouts to win games...

Should be an exciting season! I wish we could just skip the stupid pre-season BS and move right into the regular season... I think Bill Polian called Goodell today and said that the Colts forfeit their last 4 pre-season games and we are just gonna practice... Haha! Bet against the Colts every preseason game! WE DON'T CARE! We will beat your ass in the regular season, but we could give 17 fvcks about preseason! BET THAT!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The Giants got hot at the perfect time last year, the AFC was the better conference by far. That won't happen two years in a row, will it? I just don'r see ANY NFC team challenging the best AFC teams this year.

JT16
    JT16's Avatar Become A Pro!

The biggest play of the year for me.

Under Bears 8 -115.

I just don't see them winning 9 games.

Also played NYG under 9 and leaning Loins under 6.5.

JT16
    JT16's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The Giants got hot at the perfect time last year, the AFC was the better conference by far. That won't happen two years in a row, will it? I just don'r see ANY NFC team challenging the best AFC teams this year.
    You can say that almost every year but it comes down to one game.

No value on the AFC side for super bowl picks.

I went with the Vikings +3250, NO +2500, Phi +2500. Now if the Vikings can grab Farve.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peyton2Marvin!!! Glad to see you back! Excited about the Colts stadium?

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Peyton2Marvin!!! Glad to see you back! Excited about the Colts stadium?

Yeah, I'm pumped about the new stadium... Actually got a a preview tour of the place the other day because I'm good friends with a few guys that work for the team... The place is unreal! They still have some work to do, but it will be rockin come Sept 7th when the Bears come to town!

Have signups for BeatThePrick started yet? I can't wait for that to get up and going again! Someone please post a link if you would!
    Thanks!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pumped about the new stadium... Actually got a a preview tour of the place the other day because I'm good friends with a few guys that work for the team... The place is unreal! They still have some work to do, but it will be rockin come Sept 7th when the Bears come to town!

Have signups for BeatThePrick started yet? I can't wait for that to get up and going again! Someone please post a link if you would!
    Thanks!
    Signups haven't started for BTP yet, when it does in case you don't see it by some chance I'll make sure to PM you a link buddy.

Oh and please excuse my gay avatar, I lost an avatar bet for a week.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Signups haven't started for BTP yet, when it does in case you don't see it by some chance I'll make sure to PM you a link buddy.

Oh and please excuse my gay avatar, I lost an avatar bet for a week.
    Haha! It's all good man! I'm pumped for this season to get started! Should be an interesting year! Do you think Favre is goin to Tampa or is he gonna stay retired? I really think he wants to play so I think he's gonna force the fvckin Packers to trade him somewhere by the end of this week!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Saints versus Chargers. Chargers 31 Saints 10. Norv makes the world very cold, and hell freezes over.