Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Except the shit eating Jets!

rick50time
    cubs
    rick50time's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am not looking past the bears , packers still got to recongnize there a great team...that could beat us at any given time...it will be a barnburner im hoping..

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

I agree. No way Pack loses.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post

Ugh, you don't watch tape, do you?
    I would enjoy to sit in a tape session and have you break down these opinions for me.
    John Kuhn's 4.9 40 speed is VERY exciting! He's white though, so I suppose he's top 10 all time right now (haha, maybe on the team this season).
    Green Bay would have a home game in the championship if it weren't for their coach. Obviously a numbers guy wouldn't see that, but a tape guy would.

Also, Clifton has had an up/down year, but nowhere near what he is capable of in his prime (shocking he's going to Hawaii - but I figure it's his last day in the kinda sun, the NFC is very weak on LT right now). He's a LONG way past his prime. You'll also notice that the Guards cannot run/pull/trap worth a damn versus 'mediocre' lines in the league. The Center also lacks the ability to be a proper NFL starter, at least in the top half. It's not so much GB can't run the ball so much as they CAN'T run the ball. Crap, if you pick 5 random plays on tape of Bulaga, you'd see the guy is as fit to be a tackle as Dan Marino is capable of being a defensive back.

I suppose having a QB that takes 3 step drops (ala Rodgers) makes for a good line. Crap, now you see how good Rodgers is. He has a bottom 10 pass protection EASY, yet gets the ball out in 2-3 seconds. Shades of Montana and Young running a similar offense.

Rodgers is carrying this team. They can't run the ball because the O Line is horrible. It's shocking they've gone as far as they have, but I about figure, you have to look at the QB position and the playmakers on defense. That's what is winning games right now.

Coaching? Really?
    Wow.
    McBain, calm the fuk down kid

You missed the joke along with 90% of the others here, it's okay

We won't hold it against you

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

you said the same thing about the pats.....

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

I agree. No way Pack loses.

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You're right...not until Sunday. Fukk the Packers!

PRC
    PRC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Pitt -1 over GB

jayroy25
    jayroy25's Avatar Become A Pro!

And the bears this week

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12575

No haircuts for the whole Packers team until they win the Superbowl.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Takn the bears

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Ugh, you don't watch tape, do you?
    I would enjoy to sit in a tape session and have you break down these opinions for me.
    John Kuhn's 4.9 40 speed is VERY exciting! He's white though, so I suppose he's top 10 all time right now (haha, maybe on the team this season).
    Green Bay would have a home game in the championship if it weren't for their coach. Obviously a numbers guy wouldn't see that, but a tape guy would.

Also, Clifton has had an up/down year, but nowhere near what he is capable of in his prime (shocking he's going to Hawaii - but I figure it's his last day in the kinda sun, the NFC is very weak on LT right now). He's a LONG way past his prime. You'll also notice that the Guards cannot run/pull/trap worth a damn versus 'mediocre' lines in the league. The Center also lacks the ability to be a proper NFL starter, at least in the top half. It's not so much GB can't run the ball so much as they CAN'T run the ball. Crap, if you pick 5 random plays on tape of Bulaga, you'd see the guy is as fit to be a tackle as Dan Marino is capable of being a defensive back.

I suppose having a QB that takes 3 step drops (ala Rodgers) makes for a good line. Crap, now you see how good Rodgers is. He has a bottom 10 pass protection EASY, yet gets the ball out in 2-3 seconds. Shades of Montana and Young running a similar offense.

Rodgers is carrying this team. They can't run the ball because the O Line is horrible. It's shocking they've gone as far as they have, but I about figure, you have to look at the QB position and the playmakers on defense. That's what is winning games right now.

Coaching? Really?
    Wow.
    You could say the same about Chicago's O-line, it sucks too.

Your take on Clifton is way off. He was and still is an ELITE pass blocker, and that's why he's going to Hawaii. His run blocking sucks however, the result of too many years played on bad knees. He isn't payed the big bucks to run block though, is he?

The Packer's guards rarely pull, they play a zone running scheme. Their right guard Sitton is very good, respected around the league. Colledge the LG is just average, he's likely gone next year. Bulaga is a rookie playing RT which is not his natural position. He's more suited for LT but might wind up being the LG next year replacing Colledge. He's been solid in the playoffs.

You're way off on Wells too. He's smart and has had his best season as a pro. Suh from Detroit completely dominated him, but he does that to a lot of centers. Wells isn't top 5, but the reality is there are only a handful of great centers in the league. He's solid and definitely starting material.

McCarthy certainly has had his brain farts as a coach, strange play calls on the goal line come to mind. But think he's turned the corner as a playcaller, sure is in a groove right now the last 4 weeks. Lets hope it continues..

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Man this thread is funnier every time I read it

There are some true idiots here

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

No way Baerse lose. Them mopping up a dominant Seattle team least week is proof enough.

Cutler has already met his quota of 16 INTs this year so he won't be throwing anymore, it's in his contract.

Devin Aromashodu and Rashied Davis provide huge matchup problems to the Packers nickel and dime backs.

Bryan Urlacher is in the prime of his young career and his speed in pass coverage means the middle of the field will never be open for the pack.

I can't even predict a score it won't be pretty.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Cougar bait you are 100% right.

Something about the Chicago coach just says incompetence to me. I can't really think of specifics, but I just don't trust Lovie Smith to be smart or competent. Mike Martz is alright though.

Plus, Clay Matthews... remember that pick six where he flexed so hard you could see every pulsating muscle? Most stimulating exciting moment of the NFL season.

Pack rolls by about two touchdowns easy.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I'm leaning towards the Bears +3.5. Why are the Packers favored away from home?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    You must have missed last weeks thread

See below
    I saw it, didn't read it. Thought you were serious last week.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

They can't run the ball because the O Line is horrible.
    You're kidding right.

Pack (no even a Pack fan) line in front of Rodgers is completely healthy and as a unit are executing currently as well as any front five in the league.

Why do you think Starks popped for 123 last week?

Rodgers doesn't have the third best rating in the NFL this year because he was sitting on his ass every game from lack of protection?

Collectively the front five is about 1600 lbs of beef, left tackle Clifton is all-pro, center Wells is as good as it gets, and should be all-pro, will give Rodgers all sorts of time again this week for him to do his thing.

Look for other reasons if you want to fade GB, but the line isn't one of them.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    I'm leaning towards the Bears +3.5. Why are the Packers favored away from home?
    Packers could be -4.5 by Sunday .

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    AFC Championship is the Super Bowl, winner will crush Packers or Bears.
    Yeah Jets looked great against GB at home. Revis can only cover one man.
    Pack over Jets by 20 in the bowl.

dale0630
    dale0630's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Packers

DIRTYDIRTY
    DIRTYDIRTY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

i like the bears at home in this one bears jets superbowl boooooo booooooooo

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't see the Packers beating the Bears in this one

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Packers just have all the tools

Great defense, white coach, and guys with longer hair

This is easy

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Go Packers

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazing video... haha.

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Patriots. 3 years in a row they can't win a home playoff game. Plus there recent rings are all tainted. Tuck rule and spy gate.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Go pack go!!!! Cut the cheddar already!!!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You're kidding right.

Pack (no even a Pack fan) line in front of Rodgers is completely healthy and as a unit are executing currently as well as any front five in the league.

Why do you think Starks popped for 123 last week?

Rodgers doesn't have the third best rating in the NFL this year because he was sitting on his ass every game from lack of protection?

Collectively the front five is about 1600 lbs of beef, left tackle Clifton is all-pro, center Wells is as good as it gets, and should be all-pro, will give Rodgers all sorts of time again this week for him to do his thing.

Look for other reasons if you want to fade GB, but the line isn't one of them.
    I'm still not sold on either O-line......Abraham was getting in the backfield on Rodgers constantly...ARodge just kept pulling a young Elway on him and spinning out of trouble! GB's O-line is playing their best right now though...Starks is finally giving them some balance! Make no mistake though...Chicago's D-line is better! Chicago's O-line is no monster either & Cutler's inability to pickup blitzes doesn't help? Matt Forte ran 25 times for 80 yards (3.2)...pretty weak against a bad Seattle front 7! Atlanta held the ball last week for 11-12 minutes 1Q until all hell broke loose after that! Time of possession/keep away is the only way to beat Rodgers right now....Pack by 10-14 points!!

nick88
    nick88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, go Packers go

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

best qb... highly doubt it

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

GB's earlier loss to Chicago 20-17 (GB 379 yards to 276)
    GB's earlier loss to Atlanta 20-17 (GB 418 yards to 294)

GB knew they beat themselves vs Atl first time & came out & took care of business! Now its Chicago's turn!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

They might put Flynn in by halftime.

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5175

they say when all seem to be on one side, the other wins. We shall see what happens between bears and packers this time.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

yep ... every square on the planet has been singing the Packers' praises all week, after tonight the bookies will be rolling in their money

First 1234 Last