Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

How does a person/group go about getting a game fixed??..How much does it cost to pay off a room full of millionaire ball players and coaches??..After the other team has been talking trash all week, how much payoff money would it take to make the Pats swallow their pride and not go for a win??

I suppose you could just payoff the coaching staff to eat up the clock and a key offensive lineman or two to allow a QB sack every once in awhile, that might get it done.

npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

Jets D was awesome O stuck to classic patterns and ground game. Brady had no shot his receivers couldnt get open. But it is funny that with 3. Min left and many points needed they collectively score enough points to take the game over the total gotta love the nfl

npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

Jets D was awesome O stuck to classic patterns and ground game. Brady had no shot his receivers couldnt get open. But it is funny that with 3. Min left and many points needed they collectively score enough points to take the game over the total gotta love the nfl

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    This is another possibility but I ruled that out because of the difference between their TD drive in the third which I think was a perfect hurry-up offense and their first drive in the fourth which was a good run clock out offense.

This is a crazy conspiracy theory but it did work out perfectly for the books, imho:

Pats down 14-3 at half, they're made -11 point favorites for the second half, huge action comes in on a -110 Pats ML (if you took the Pats 2nd half) while probably equally huge action comes in from people hedging their Pats ML bets because they're scared away.

Then, near the end of the third the Pats look dominant in marching down the field and converting the 2 point conversion, people are extremely confident in the Pats so...

The fourth quarter line is Pats -3, at bookmaker it started Pats -3 -105 and was bet to Pats -3 -130 and on such a heavily bet game you know the action was very one-sided to get such a huge move.

It all adds up to a perfect scenario for the books, imho. They get huge halftime action from people who want a Pats -110 ML bet on one side and people hedging their Pats -400 ML bet on the other, then between quarters they get huge action on the Pats which all loses... That's a perfect scenario, imho. They could have hardly written better SCRIPT for the game, huh?

It reminds me of something that was said on Inside the NFL several years ago which I remember: "Some big plays are scripted and with some you need a little luck." At the time I thought that meant some games are real games and some are scripted, am I crazy? Crazy like a fox?
    So in your opinion the game worked out good for vegas because the side of the game that "you" thought was a good bet did not win??????

Sore losers

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Yeah Belichick was like my $7 million a year aint enough, i'll lose to earn a few dollars

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I'm a life long Pats fan and your theory is bull. The Jets were the better team yesterday. That is all. Pats didn't give the Jets the win, Jets earned it. End of story.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

pats didn't throw the game brady is just really overrated he's now 5-5 in the playoffs with 0 championships

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

craig4nr
    craig4nr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

There's no way the game was fixed. Jets were the better team. This is what usually happens when teams are over-hyped. You believe your own hype and you'll end up losing.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    First of all, I'm very serious about this and I'll never bet on an NFL playoff game again. There's several things you could point to the main reason I came to this conclusion is this:

The Pats drove 85 yards in 3:51 to score near the end of the third. They were in a hurry-up offense at that time, as you would expect.

The Pats get the ball back with 13:00 minutes left and they proceed to RUN THE CLOCK OUT. They did all short passes and running plays and I realized how wrong it all was when one of the announcers pointed out how slowly they were moving, they were down 10 points with less than six minutes and they were moving in slow motion, imho. When they reached the 31 yard line, Brady magically got sacked on 3rd down putting them out of field goal range! Then they went for it on fourth down... the official description of the play they did on 4th and 13... "incomplete short left to D.Branch"!!!! That's right, a short pass when they had to have about 14 yards. They ate up 7:45 of game time, more than half the entire fourth quarter and got nothing for it but the fact is that if you planned to run the clock out and score nothing while appearing to be trying you could not have done a better job.

Unbelievable, they went from a perfect hurry-up offense near the end of the third to a perfect run the clock out without scoring offense in the fourth... If you tell me it was incompetence or stupidity I won't believe you, this game scared me away from the NFL playoffs forever.

And what was their motivation for throwing the game?? Because you had the pats? They lost accept it and move on or stop gambling on ALL sports!

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by freelee View Post
    pats didn't throw the game brady is just really overrated he's now 5-5 in the playoffs with 0 championships
    where did you get these stats from???

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

so the pats fought all year to go 14-2 and then lost their first playoff game on purpose? Yeah, I'm sure that must explain it. Thanks for cracking the case.

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

he means since 2007 or something...so totally discounting the 3 wins in 4 years...

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Give ther jets some credit for playing a really good game

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by mdemps9190 View Post
    he means since 2007 or something...so totally discounting the 3 wins in 4 years...
    Is that how you shade stats to make a player look like he is not good???

My stats have Brady 14-5 in the playoffs with 3 superbowl rings

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    where did you get these stats from???
    i don't count wins with spygadgets

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

freelee

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

its fixed, the nfl wants gb and pitt, 2 most traveled teams to get them the most money now before a lockout happens

sharpcat

In that case I would find 10 playoff games in 6 years impressive and to win at a 50% ratio against the top 33% of teams in the league is very impressive.

Hell in the last 6 years other top QB playoff records were:

Peyton Manning: 6-5 with 1 championship
    Eli Manning: 4-3 with 1 championship
    Drew Brees: 4-2 with 1 championship
    Ben Rothlesberger: 8-1 with 2 championships

Outside of big Ben the statistics that you listed are pretty competitive with the rest of the leagues top QB's and he only played 1 game in 2008.

I don't think you provided any significant evidence to show that Brady is "Overrated" even afte excluding his best years.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

I hear much on this topic in the NorthEast, trust me haha.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    In that case I would find 10 playoff games in 6 years impressive and to win at a 50% ratio against the top 33% of teams in the league is very impressive.

Hell in the last 6 years other top QB playoff records were:

Peyton Manning: 6-5 with 1 championship
    Eli Manning: 4-3 with 1 championship
    Drew Brees: 4-2 with 1 championship
    Ben Rothlesberger: 8-1 with 2 championships

Outside of big Ben the statistics that you listed are pretty competitive with the rest of the leagues top QB's and he only played 1 game in 2008.

I don't think you provided any significant evidence to show that Brady is "Overrated" even afte excluding his best years.

well a lot of people rate him #1 but all the guys you listed have a much better case because of their championships. I never said he was a total scrub i'd put him in the Jon Kitna/Jake Plummer group solid but not spectacular quarterback

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

have to respect Vegas. They made people think ahhh..bad coaching...bad brady gaga...bad bla bla bla....
    Vegas is superrrrrrrr......

ML Jets next week....baby...
    Share some $$$ with Vegas.

sharpcat

well a lot of people rate him #1 but all the guys you listed have a much better case because of their championships. I never said he was a total scrub i'd put him in the Jon Kitna/Jake Plummer group solid but not spectacular quarterback
    It is absolutely ridiculous to rate QB's by how many superbowls they have won, or by what their playoff record has been especially if you are looking at only a 6 year window.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

they needed Moss!

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They did kick FGs in that game and I believe on that side of the field... To see if Billys decision was logical go back and look at FGs attempted in that end and you'll be able to decide if they would have made 52 yards... I think both kickers have about the same leg strength and both kick in like conditions...

spredzgeek
    spredzgeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

at least they hit the over

beeney24
    needs winners !
    beeney24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

a lot of teams tank-- a lot of them on purpose

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots didn't throw the game, that's just absurd. They just weren't used to having to play from behind and facing adversity. They never really had to deal with it all year as they were usually comfortably ahead by half time.

First 123