LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    What's wrong with setting up a fat middle? I see this game as coming down to a FG either way. I've been using teasers all week on the Packers side, but if the line moves across the zero I'm doing the same thing with Atlanta and hoping for a close game with the huge real estate of +-7 on both sides.
    Shooting for a middle when you are already +EV is a losing move in the long term from a EV perspective. It is only positive if the buyback is also +EV.

Now I know that +EG guys hedge with -EV buybacks often, but I am not that conservative.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

OK, I think I've adequately stated my case enough, time to cap other sports. There may be some hidden gems today with everybody focusing on football.

Jones10
    Jones10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    OK, I think I've adequately stated my case enough, time to cap other sports. There may be some hidden gems today with everybody focusing on football.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Shooting for a middle when you are already +EV is a losing move in the long term from a EV perspective. It is only positive if the buyback is also +EV.

Now I know that +EG guys hedge with -EV buybacks often, but I am not that conservative.
    Well, I'm not really talking about hedging. I'm talking about betting on it being a close game.

Also, where are you getting your power rankings? Here's where my sources have the final 8 in power rankings:

1. Pats. (Head and shoulders above the rest)
    2. Steelers
    3. Falcons
    4. Ravens (These 3 are the second tier under the Pats. But the Saints were also in this group and they lost.)
    5. Packers
    6. Bears
    7. Jets (This is the last tier of good teams which also included Eagles, Colts, Chiefs, Giants, Chargers, Bucs.)
    8. Seahawks (As far as strict power ratings, Seattle has been in the lowest 1/4 of the NFL all year.)

Personally, I'd flipflop the Packers & Bears because the Bears posted a better record for a reason. But it's close.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

A.J. HAWK will play!!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The Falcons being the underdog at home coming off a bye? Come on. There's value all over betting the Falcons there.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The Falcons being the underdog at home coming off a bye? Come on. There's value all over betting the Falcons there.

I think the Packers playing in 6 days is a bigger factor in this game than ATL being rested and more prepared with a bye....................

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Matty ice @ home gets my money. GL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Packers are the most dangerous team in the nfl the last 3 years, they are knocking on the door and Rogers is a stud.

Packers are the play, they have way to much for Atl to handle

Pack win this game and you might be looking at superbowl champs

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Even if the Packers win, which they might, they'll have no cakewalk through Chicago, much less facing the Pats.

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

I'm starting to love the Falcons here.

steveC3
    steveC3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

i love the packers in this one.bol to all

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Turner is a slouch now though he has fallen way off since the first game
    Why Atlanta has this reputation as such a great running team is beyond my comprehension?

The Falcons average 3.8 yards a carry on the ground...

Defensively the Falcons let up nearly 230 yards a game through the air, and 4.6 yards a carry on the ground.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Packers are the most dangerous team in the nfl the last 3 years, they are knocking on the door and Rogers is a stud.

Packers are the play, they have way to much for Atl to handle

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

you guys are nuts backing green bay...... atlantas run game will decide this game.. people giving credit to the packers run game are nuts. they ran well against a crap eagles defense

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    never fukkin heard of ya pal. have fun pissing you're money away on GB you fukkin square
    How the f*ck is someone betting on a #6 seed road team in the divisional round of the playoffs a f*ckin square? Especially when you consider the fact that the ATS money is essentially equal and the Packers are dogs? Please explain this to me.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    you guys are nuts backing green bay...... atlantas run game will decide this game.. people giving credit to the packers run game are nuts. they ran well against a crap eagles defense

firedawg

what fishhead you on both sides of this game?

Fishhead

what fishhead you on both sides of this game?

Yes

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

For nfc champs I grabbed ATL +200 (heavier) and GB +250. I can't see the winner of this game not in the bowl.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    How the f*ck is someone betting on a #6 seed road team in the divisional round of the playoffs a f*ckin square? Especially when you consider the fact that the ATS money is essentially equal and the Packers are dogs? Please explain this to me.
    Because you are paying #1 seed prices.

If GB was getting 4 or 5 points, then they'd be the "sharp" play here, shrewdly taking the value play.

But, with GB only getting 1 point, now, there's no value at all, unless you really believe that GB should be the #1 seed and Atlanta should really be the #6 seed. If that's the case, we'd all really like to know why GB is so great and Atlanta is so bad. Maybe I haven't been watching enough ESPN. On paper, Atlanta is every bit as good as GB in every category, if not much better in some key areas such as running game and special teams. There's a reason why Atlanta finished the season 13-3 versus GB's 10-6. Most notable is their head to head game.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Because you are paying #1 seed prices.

If GB was getting 4 or 5 points, then they'd be the "sharp" play here, shrewdly taking the value play.

But, with GB only getting 1 point, now, there's no value at all, unless you really believe that GB should be the #1 seed and Atlanta should really be the #6 seed. If that's the case, we'd all really like to know why GB is so great and Atlanta is so bad. Maybe I haven't been watching enough ESPN. On paper, Atlanta is every bit as good as GB in every category, if not much better in some key areas such as running game and special teams. There's a reason why Atlanta finished the season 13-3 versus GB's 10-6. Most notable is their head to head game.

Yes, injuries to the Packers.........

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

He's right, its not enough to just be contrarian, there has to be value in the pick.

Fishhead

As we stand right NOW, there is little value in either side..........

Better to attack the EPL games beginning in 30 minutes.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Toss up game. I cant wait to watch it though and may place a live wager.

asianfootballs
    asianfootballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Atlanta's Special Teams wins the game.

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    As we stand right NOW, there is little value in either side..........

Better to attack the EPL games beginning in 30 minutes.
    give us an epl game fisher

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Took GB on the ML +125 on Wednesday...That's my play and sticking to it..

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Don't see much value in this game either way. Way too much uncertainty. GB out-talents Atlanta in key areas, save O Line/RB, but Atlanta has one of the top coaching staffs in the league and Mr Smithy in Atl is one of the top game managers out there... Atlanta can get away with playing bad because they have top notch game management and don't get away from a very solid game-winning philosophy. Special teams/game management very well could win/lose this one. It could also be one sided either way. There's just too many uncertains involved in this game. If I _had_ to play the game, teasing the Pack seems like the only 'no duh' wager involved and even I don't feel all that certain in that.

Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

I'm still failing to see how this GB team is some type of juggernaut. This is a team who basically had a home playoff game against a Chicago team that had 0 to play for, and barely won. They were fortunate to get out of philly with a win as well. GB was nearly burned by vick at the end despite philly's poor game.

If you don't think home field is big in the playoffs, just ask Seattle. They had no chance last week, right?

Fishhead

give us an epl game fisher

arsenal -185

betjamaica

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Every Joe square in America outside Ga is putting his $20 on Green Bay. Gotta love online gamblers. Falcon backers will rake it in tonight.

Recurring
    Recurring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Should be a good game either way... I hope the falcons pull it out, but packers can always be a tough team to play..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Atlanta averages 3.8 yards per carry, let's not over state their running game.

They're not that good of a running team, but they do stick with it...
    If my math is correct 3 X 3.8 > 10 so if they average this today they should be moving the chains all day.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    so let me get this straight , LT...cus its confusing me.... you think that a GB team, who lost on the road to chicago, washington, atlanta, detroit and new england should be favored...on the road, again...against the best home team in the nfc...who already beat them at home once??? put the bottle down Fishhead... you are reading way too much into this line movement also... the books have had an entire week to juggle the line around at 1 and 2 ... Pay more attention to what happened to the line the first hour it opened as opposed to what happened throughout an entire week ... how long you been doing this stuff?
    This is the same kind of late line movement we have seen in the Oregon/Auburn movement and we know what happened there. Also 95% of SBR was on Oregon as is today with Packers.

First 12345 Last