ffbplayergod
    ffbplayergod's Avatar Become A Pro!

FFB's Divisional Round Playoff Picks - Saturday Edition

Okay, let me start this off by saying congratulations to whoever FADED me last week. My 0-2 start to the NFL Playoffs was not very welcome, and I know that I took a hit. To anyone that did read me and followed me, my apologies. Last week's games made me go

But enough of that... what's done is done, and I cannot change the past (yet). Hopefully this week I can provide a little better direction for not only myself, but whoever decides that following me might actually be a good idea. Enough talk... on to the picks.

Game 1: Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)

These teams met twice in the regular season, as they always do. Both games were won by the away team and, in both cases, won by the underdog.

In October, Baltimore went in to Pittsburgh as a 2.5 pt dog, and won by 3, more than winning ATS and winning SU as well, 17-14. Baltimore passed for 250 in this game.

In December, Pittsburgh visited Baltimore, and this time the tables were turned. The Steelers were 3 point dogs, and THEY won by 3, again winning ATS and SU, 13-10.

In both games, the team with the lower penalty yardage was the winner, so penalties/penalty yards per game may be worth looking at here. 5 penalty yards can make all the difference in the world in ANY game, but here with 2 evenly matched teams, it holds even more weight. Neither team has cracked 100 yards rushing against the other this season, so I am looking for the QB's to try and light up the scoreboard.

Prediction: Baltimore 21, Pittsburgh 17

Bets: Baltimore ATS, Baltimore SU, Baltimore Teased, Over 36.5 (buy that 1/2)

Game 2: Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons (-2.5)

This is another matchup of 2 teams that have met previously this year. In late November, the weekend following Thanksgiving, Green Bay made the trip to Atlanta, where the spread had Atlanta favored by *GASP* -2.5. This weekend seems eerily familiar as it's same place, same spread...

In that first game the Packers outgained the Falcons 418 to 294, including a huge difference through the air (341-177). The biggest differences in this game, in my opinion, were the fact that the Falcons had ZERO turnovers, and the Packers had one, PLUS the Falcons were penalized only 4 times for 50 yards, while the Pack DOUBLED the number of penalties (8-66). Sure there's no big discrepancy in penalty yardage there, but when you consider an offside penalty that helps your opponent sustain a drive, well that's a game changer.

The Packers have a defense that has kept teams in check for the majority of the season, and seemingly may have won the earlier matchup if not for that turnover and all the penalties. The Falcons have a high powered offense that could not quite take off in their first matchup. I think the Packers keep the turnovers down and the penalties LOW.

Prediction: Green Bay 31, Atlanta 24

Bets: Packers ATS, Packers SU, Packers Teased, OVER 43.5

ffbplayergod
    ffbplayergod's Avatar Become A Pro!

After doing some more research, I stand by the original picks. Nothing I have seen has made me want to change my mind.