Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Where is the Vick for MVP thread?

There was so much talk and love for Vick a few weeks ago and now it seems to be gone. Actually it's been gone but I thought I'd see who is still on his bandwagon. MVP for the season has to go to Brady. I'm not much of a fan but he does it (the Pats do it) with a bunch of no-name guys. This year Brady posted the fifth-highest passer rating in NFL history, led the league in touchdown passes, threw the fewest interceptions and broke records for turnover efficiency.

Who else has a shot?

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

No one, it's Bradys' award. Vick is lucky to have a contract right now.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

No one else has a shot. Brady is the only choice here.

lacesout
    It was all that Dan Marino's fault
    lacesout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Brady is the choice, nobody else is close in the end.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I do like Vick for the award still. Does anyone else remember how the Eagles were "rebuilding" and all the conversation pre-season was whether the Redskins or Cowboys would win the East? However I doubt he will get it.

Brady has a spectacular offensive line. Sure his skill players are backups, rookies, and castoffs, but Bill Belichick and his staff are famous for picking the RIGHT backups, rookies, and castoffs to put out there and deserve a lot of credit for the Patriots' success this year.

I think it was a close race, but Vick's weak finish means Brady is probably a shoo-in.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

You just can't look past Brady. Even before Vick fell off the wagon a few weeks back Brady was still by far the best QB. It's only right he gets it

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick shouldnt even come close.

DIRTYDIRTY
    DIRTYDIRTY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

blame winston justice he didnt even show up to play vick will be fine he found GOD!!!!!

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Vick had an outstanding first half and even though he tailed off somewhat he should still be near the top of the voting. He can be proud of the season he had. But Brady is the man.

CROANT
    CROANT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick will finish in 2nd place - he's the first loser! Anyone else that posts on this thread really must have nothing better to do!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    I do like Vick for the award still. Does anyone else remember how the Eagles were "rebuilding" and all the conversation pre-season was whether the Redskins or Cowboys would win the East? However I doubt he will get it.

Brady has a spectacular offensive line. Sure his skill players are backups, rookies, and castoffs, but Bill Belichick and his staff are famous for picking the RIGHT backups, rookies, and castoffs to put out there and deserve a lot of credit for the Patriots' success this year.

I think it was a close race, but Vick's weak finish means Brady is probably a shoo-in.
    This was a rebuilding year for the Pats too... scary, huh? Much like the Eagles, all the talk was about who of 2 other teams would take the AFC East, Dolphins or Jets.

Brady had 1 of the greatest seasons of all time.

And fun fact- Brees, Peyton, and Eli combined to throw 46 interceptions since Brady threw his last one (regular season only)

nobodyukno
    nobodyukno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    This was a rebuilding year for the Pats too... scary, huh? Much like the Eagles, all the talk was about who of 2 other teams would take the AFC East, Dolphins or Jets.

Brady had 1 of the greatest seasons of all time.

And fun fact- Brees, Peyton, and Eli combined to throw 46 interceptions since Brady threw his last one (regular season only)
    A rebuilding season for the Pats? Come on. Nobody was talking about the Dolphins, it was the Jets and Pats all along. Jets were way over hyped because of hard-knocks. Patriots were probably in 85% of peoples pre season playoff picks. The Eagles were maybe in about 30% of peoples picks. Everyone was all over the Giants and Cowboys in the NFC East. Vick carried a team but Brady deserves the award. If Vick didnt get hit on 65% of the plays maybe we'd all be singing a different song.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyukno View Post
    A rebuilding season for the Pats? Come on. Nobody was talking about the Dolphins, it was the Jets and Pats all along. Jets were way over hyped because of hard-knocks. Patriots were probably in 85% of peoples pre season playoff picks. The Eagles were maybe in about 30% of peoples picks. Everyone was all over the Giants and Cowboys in the NFC East. Vick carried a team but Brady deserves the award. If Vick didnt get hit on 65% of the plays maybe we'd all be singing a different song.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ing/index.html

Dolphins-6, Jets-7, Pats-14

First result in google search for 2010 NFL predictions. There are plenty more, but I won't clog up this thread.

And yes, it is a rebuilding year. Rookies all over the place and starting on both offense and defense. Most people, especially after the Moss trade, expected the Pats to finish 3rd in the East

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

I think the Eagles were "rebuilding" until Vick got the starting gig at least maybe this was the thought process with Kolb. With weapons like Jackson, McCoy, Maclin and Celek I'm not sure how you call it rebuilding though. Either way this is kind what I expected. The Vick talk really subsided. The guy was fun to watch in a couple of games this year. I'd like to see him do it for a full season.

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

Vick played well for a while so people were talking about him being MVP. Then he didn't play as good at the end of the season, so people stopped talking about him for mvp. Brady is the only choice for mvp.