naresh8055
    naresh8055's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn Beats Oregon 22-19 to Win BCS National Title

Although he didn’t carry his team as expected, Auburn quarterback Cam Newton can add National Champion to his list of NCAA accolades.

Newton mostly handed off to freshman running back Michael Dyer on the final drive against Oregon, setting up a last-second field goal from 19 yards out to give them the 22-19 win and the National title. Auburn was a one-point underdog in the contest.

Oregon did a good job of containing the Heisman winner all night, forcing him to throw an early interception while preventing him from breaking out with any big plays. However, Auburn’s Dyer stepped up on the national stage, finishing with 143 rushing yards — 56 of which came on the final drive that set up the Wes Byrum field goal.

Still, Newton’s ability to overcome NCAA violations and accusations to post 330 total yards, two touchdowns and one interception on the biggest stage made him the postgame focus.

“Anything is possible,” Newton said. “I’m a prime example of how God can turn something very bad into something great.”

Although the game was the nail biter everyone expected, with the Total closing at 73 it wasn’t close to the high-scoring contest everyone anticipated. Instead both defenses bent but never broke, finishing with two sacks and two turnovers each.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

why is this in the NFL threads? learn how to read.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Thanks for the headsup, I totally missed that game.

griffey_mojo
    griffey_mojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9723

Yeah I've been in The Himalayas for the past year ... just got back ... thanks for filling us in.

Auburn played Oregon ??? Wow !!! that's hard to imagine.

Thanks for the thread ... without it I'd have been totally in the dark.

You Putz