iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

You guys are falling for Vick again??

We have seen this show before..

Everyone thought he was the greatest ever...

The time will come where he will have to make a crucial 3rd and Six and not be able to get it done...

Unless the Eagles play the Redskins in the NFC Championship game I don't see him ever getting to the SB..

Let's see how great he is against the Giants front.. Or the Packers blitz schemes.. Then we can talk..

Amazing how you guys fall for this over and over and over and over again...

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

One good game, I'm sure he will do something stupid soon. He's got to keep up his street creed.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I think he'll keep up the "good guy" act until he cashes in on a new contract. If his Wikipedia article (see "Financial Troubles") can be believed this guy owed/owes a LOT of money.

Totally speculating here, but knowing his past penchant for high dollar gambling, maybe he also owes a lot of money "off the books" that he has an interest in paying as soon as possible.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post

The time will come where he will have to make a crucial 3rd and Six and not be able to get it done...

Unless the Eagles play the Redskins in the NFC Championship game I don't see him ever getting to the SB..

Let's see how great he is against the Giants front.. Or the Packers blitz schemes.. Then we can talk..

and then all the scum bags like yourself will crucify him once again and say he's the worst qb ever. every qb has that 3rd and 6 moment and can't get it done. big fu(kin deal.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Once he gets his second big payday this off season, he won't have to stay down any longer, and will go back to being the punk he really is.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Scumbag??

Because I don't thing running QB's are good in the NFL I'm a scumbag??

blackbeSSt

Scumbag??

Because I don't thing running QB's are good in the NFL I'm a scumbag??
    who said anything about a running qb?

i said people who will say he's shit cause he doesn't make the crucial 3rd and 6 play are scumbags. every qb has missed the crucial play, why should vick be torn down because of it?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

amazing game against the nfl's 30th ranked defense wow. And to think this is the same guy the following week threw for 218 yards against the Colts. Wow this guy has almost caught up to Scott Mitchell in career throwing yards put him in the hall of fame.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    amazing game against the nfl's 30th ranked defense wow. And to think this is the same guy the following week threw for 218 yards against the Colts. Wow this guy has almost caught up to Scott Mitchell in career throwing yards put him in the hall of fame.
    in the past 12 hours you've posted something similar to this shit in about 3 different threads. get a life

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Should be interesting how this plays out, I say he does well.

He does seem different and more humble also

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

jjgold

Vick played well

He tired out

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I couldn't agree more with this post. Don't see many clowns typing Vick for mvp do you. Vick does this every season starts out strong and can barely walk at the end of the season. He is not a great qb look at all the turnovers down the stretch. The guy will never lead a team to a super bowl. He runs so much and takes hits and can't finish a season. One of the most overrated qb's ever to play this game.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this post. Don't see many clowns typing Vick for mvp do you. Vick does this every season starts out strong and can barely walk at the end of the season. He is not a great qb look at all the turnovers down the stretch. The guy will never lead a team to a super bowl. He runs so much and takes hits and can't finish a season. One of the most overrated qb's ever to play this game.

He's not one of the most overrated players to play the game, he's THE most overrated player to play the game. He will NEVER win a super bowl... NEVER.

Why is he the most overrated player? People still swear he's up there with Manning/Brady. He's not even in the top 5. Look at Aaron Rodgers on the road convert 3rd down after 3rd down.

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pfff if Akers could kick some FGs you guys wouldn't be bashing him like you are now...

blackbeSSt

you chumps seem to be forgetting that he hadn't played a game in what, 2 years before this season?

tell me another qb that can take 2 years off (much less be in prison during said 2 years) and come back to throw for 3018 yards, 62% completion, 21 passing td's while only 6 ints, qb rating over 100, also adding 676 yards rushing with 9tds in ONLY 12 games

anybody?

jjgold

He played great

Tough last play in end zone, he might of forced a little but all QB's throw pick
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: THEGREAT30

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post

tell me another qb that can take 2 years off (much less be in prison during said 2 years)

anybody?
    Show me another QB that would get sentenced to two years in Prison for being a complete menace to society? I can't think of another one. Vince Young might kill himself but nobody else would do the chit Vick did. He's a scumbag and he brought it upon himself.

Any team that signs him to a long term deal deserves the crap that will follow.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Show me another QB that would get sentenced to two years in Prison for being a complete menace to society? I can't think of another one. Vince Young might kill himself but nobody else would do the chit Vick did. He's a scumbag and he brought it upon himself.

Any team that signs him to a long term deal deserves the crap that will follow.
    bring what upon himself? showing that he's one of the top qb's in the league still after a 2 year absence?

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

you chumps seem to be forgetting that he hadn't played a game in what, 2 years before this season?

tell me another qb that can take 2 years off (much less be in prison during said 2 years) and come back to throw for 3018 yards, 62% completion, 21 passing td's while only 6 ints, qb rating over 100, also adding 676 yards rushing with 9tds in ONLY 12 games

anybody?
    Tom Brady came back after being out with an injury for a year and did better, and now is dominating.
    At least Vick was able to workout in prison. Vick had a decent year, but it's the best year of his career, and I don't see it getting any better. The guy will never win a super bowl.

cobracommander

bring what upon himself? showing that he's one of the top qb's in the league still after a 2 year absence?
    Yeah, he really showed it today, throwing a pick to end the game.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by cobracommander View Post
    Yeah, he really showed it today, throwing a pick to end the game.
    ah yes. 1 pass you are focusing on in the entire season. why not bitch about the head coach or field goal kicker? oh thats right, cause they're white and haven't been in prison

Quote Originally Posted by cobracommander View Post
    Tom Brady came back after being out with an injury for a year and did better, and now is dominating.
    At least Vick was able to workout in prison. Vick had a decent year, but it's the best year of his career, and I don't see it getting any better. The guy will never win a super bowl.
    true, but even still 1 year is not 2 years away from the game. and y'all are acting like vick is the only player on the field. you give him the right o line and a good coach and see what happens

amarkle2
    amarkle2's Avatar Become A Pro!

the offense was not impressive thats for sure

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He played great

Tough last play in end zone, he might of forced a little but all QB's throw pick
    I will nominate this post because this guy rarely types anything that makes sense

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

cobracommander

ah yes. 1 pass you are focusing on in the entire season. why not bitch about the head coach or field goal kicker? oh thats right, cause they're white and haven't been in prison

true, but even still 1 year is not 2 years away from the game. and y'all are acting like vick is the only player on the field. you give him the right o line and a good coach and see what happens
    It's more like the other way around. If Vick was white and not a dog killer, nobody would care about him. He'd just be an average quarterback going about his business having some good seasons but never doing anything great. Nobody would talk about him. Because he's black though some people want to make him out to be the greatest quarterback ever which is just ridiculous. Hell, he's not even the greatest black quarterback ever.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I would agree, he's going to rob Reid and Philly for so much money it should be criminal. He'll never win a SB and is nothing more than a flash in the pan. They could have kept McNab for less and achieved the same result.JMO

jjgold

Well the NFL is about Money and Vicky will make a team money

That is all its about

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Well the NFL is about Money and Vicky will make a team money

That is all its about
    My mistake JJ, I thought the NFL was about developing talent and moving forward with any Teams growth and fan base who have playoff hopes. To me, Vick is just a dog and pony show in Philly, he'll take this Team nowhere. JMO on it.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Vick’s storybook run slammed shut

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...krunends010911
    Vick’s storybook run slammed shut

PHILADELPHIA – Michael Vick(notes) had gotten “greedy,” he said, and in that moment who could blame him? This entire fall had been about him regaining the confidence to be just that.
    Now his Philadelphia Eagles were first-and-10 on the Green Bay Packers’ 27-yard line, trailing by five – a touchdown being all that stood between another dramatic comeback victory, only this time in the playoffs.
    All of Philly expected it; half of America maybe, too.
    More From Dan Wetzel

Michael Vick sits on the bench after losing to the Packers 21-16 on Sunday.
    (Al Bello/Getty Images)

The whole season has been storybook for Michael Vick, this incredible character arc that took him from September when he was still a backup quarterback, ex-con and, in many circles, a societal pariah, to here in January where he was a redemptive tale on and off the football field. He’d become must-see TV, the biggest draw in football.
    After all those long Leavenworth nights where a moment like this seemed an impossible dream, how wouldn’t you believe glory isn’t just a flick of a football away?
    So Vick ignored a safety valve tailback running a short route and decided to go for pay dirt right there and right then. His pass to Riley Cooper(notes) was too short though. Green Bay’s Tramon Williams(notes) sprung up and intercepted it.
    And just like that, the sound of a captivating story ending enveloped the stadium.
    It was silence.
    All at once, all in a flash, this improbable run was done. There was just nothing to say.
    Vick would hang his head, snap off his chin strap and shuffle off the field with his hands jammed into a warming pouch. As Green Bay finished off this 21-16 NFC wild-card victory, he’d sit by himself on the Eagles bench, too despondent to react to his teammates and coaches trying to console him.
    “This one hurt more than any of my previous seasons,” Vick said later. “[It’s] because I expected so much out of myself. I know to come back and [have] an opportunity to play the position this year that I could play it at a high level. It’s just disappointing.”
    Vick was the story of the year in the NFL. He was second string in Week 1. He was an MVP candidate by midseason. He was the most dangerous man in football in those final furious moments – darting, ducking and dashing the Eagles down the field. He’d shook off a turned ankle to get back out there and do his thing.
    This was Michael Vick in the final minute. This was the next chapter.
    “I thought we were going to win the game,” he said. “I had an upbeat feeling about myself. I felt everything that had happened up until that point had happened so in the end we could be victorious and we’d be having a different conversation right now.”
    Michael Vick, teammates and players of the Packers pray together after the game.
    (Al Bello/Getty Images)

Eventually Vick got up off that bench. There were too many people desperate to lift up his spirits. Not just his teammates either.
    It was a wedding line of Packers standing there: linebackers Clay Matthews(notes) and Desmond Bishop(notes) – who had just chased him all over the field – then old friends Donald Driver(notes) and Charles Woodson(notes). Soon Vick would join a group prayer at midfield, then more Packers telling him what he meant.
    “When we were up greeting the captains before the game I told him how happy I was for him, how incredible his season was and for a fan how much fun it was to watch,” said Packers QB Aaron Rodgers(notes), who outdueled Vick this day.
    “For a guy who has paid his debt to society and gotten another chance – and deservedly so – to take advantage of it like he has, has been awesome,” Rodgers continued. “He’s a changed guy and an incredible player and it’s really amazing to watch.”
    The impact of Vick’s season extends beyond football and everyone understood that. There was something magical about the entire thing. So while the playoffs are always painful and losing locker rooms are always despondent, this felt a little different.
    “It’s just very emotional for us right now,” DeSean Jackson(notes) said. “It’s just frustrating.”
    Vick kept saying all the right things, which is what he’s done all season. He took the blame. He explained his mistake. He praised his teammates. He vowed to work hard in the future. He appeared to appreciate the mere chance to throw that ill-fated pass.
    He fully understood that in just a few months so much had changed for the better. Maybe that was the hardest part – realizing there wasn’t more “better” to come.
    “It’s a great season,” he acknowledged, “but the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.”
    He said he’d stay in Philly and work out this offseason – “Watch a lot of tape.” Right now, though, he doesn’t have a contract and while the Eagles will almost certainly bring him back, Michael Vick is long past the days of taking anything for granted.
    “I don’t even know what’s going to happen next year or where I’m going to be so I can’t even say we are going to do it next year,” he said.
    Vick didn’t even seem to care at this point. The finality was too profound. He kept going back to his mistakes.
    “I certainly feel like I could have done a lot of things better. And I guess you just have to learn from it. That’s life.”
    That’s the life of Michael Vick.
    Less than an hour later he was hugging family and friends in a back hallway of Lincoln Financial. He signed some autographs. Team employees and stadium workers stopped him to wish him well. He’d sucked everyone in on this wild ride and now they wanted to thank him for it.
    Michael Vick just kept shaking his head and apologizing. He kept telling people he was sorry. Too greedy. Too fast. Too much.
    He turned and headed for the exit, the end of a season of a lifetime.
    He held his Nike cleats tightly in his left hand as he walked. He wasn’t letting go of those for anything.