dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

Who is the smartest coach in the NFL?

It is apparently Caldwell from the Colts is the dumbest coach in terms of clock management from that timeout he called in a playoff game. But would you guys say is the smartest coach in terms of clock management and play decisions? I know Andy Reid a few weeks ago made some dumb calls like Philly kicking a FG when they were down 19 points or so in the 4th quarter against the Bears. I didn't watch that game but i recalled many people said why are you kicking a FG in the 4th quarter with less than 8 minutes to go.

I was going to say Bill Belichick but then i remembered when they went on 4th down and 2 against the Colts in their own 35 yard line last year and that was just horrible in my opinion though some people said it wasn't THAT bad.

Who is the smartest coach in terms of play calling such as in those tough decisions? And who is the smartest coach in the NFL in terms of clock management? For some reason i would have to go with Rex Ryan because i don't see him making mistakes even though i can't stand him

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Try to get two yards with Tom Brady as your QB with weapons like Welker and Moss to beat the Colts, or have your defense try to stop Peyton Manning in the final two minutes of the game. I watched the game, and I agreed 100% with BBs call; Peyton is a beast at the end of the game, and the offense should be able to get 2 yards in a big game situation.

Needless to say Belichick is my vote, but I am admittedly a biased homer.

I wouldn't mind having Sean Peyton as a hometown coach, either.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

I'll take Belichick every day of the week... and the 4th-and-2 was definitely the right call (to go for it, not necessarily the play call).

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Mike Smith

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Belichick, all day every day. They didn't have a good play called for that 4th and 2, but it made sense to go for it... Manning was SHREDDING the Pats D