dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Who called that timeout for Indy?

Indy called a timeout when Jets ran the ball. If they didn't call that timeout, then Jets would need to hurry it up and thus would have to be in a rush. It was around 29 seconds or so. Even Peyton manning had a WTF LOOK when the colts made the timeout. What was the point of the timeout? It was going to be 2nd down and if they called a timeout, they essentially helping the jets stop the clock there and give them time to regroup. I actually thought Indy was in good shape when Jets ran the ball and probably would take 10 second or so to get in line of scrimmage and probably have just 1 more play.

I'm from ny here but i hate the jets and wanted indy to win. Who was the idiot that called that timeout? It wasn't like that timeout was going to get them the ball back if Jets were to score. I have never seen a more stupid timeout on defense than this one.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

caldwell... he had jets ml

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Caldwell called the timeout.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I called it... No one knows though... shhh

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It became clear that the Colts wasn't trying to win the game when the had the ball and was in FG range. They did everything possible to not seal the win. Then they gave the Jets the ball back with 52 seconds left. Instead of kicking the ball for a touchback they kick directly to the returner who gets to about midfield. Then as you said they call a worthless timeout I guess to salvage time for them after the Jets scored but it was obvious they're would be hardly if any time left. Looks like it was made for the Jets to win kind of game. Hint hint!

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Go 2 the other similar threads, fools are arguing it didn't make a difference in the game