Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought the challenge on S. Holmes punt return was an even worse call

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Granted it was a stupid TO to take because it allowed the Jets time to call the play to Edwards and to just calm things down. But if the kickoff coverage team for the Colts had not allowed a long kickoff return to midfield we would be talking about another clutch field goal by Adam Veniteri instead of firing the coach.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

The coach is stupid but I love it. I'm tired of Peyton Manning winning. Congrats Jets!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

do you make any posts that aren't filled with disgusting racist garbage? you're like a retarded one-trick pony.

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

Caldwell did nearly the exact same thing against Jax in October....calling time-out's as your opponent is driving for a game-winning FG.

You can't teach a coach clock-management skills......no amount of classroom time will help. It is just basic intelligence.....nobody ever taught us posters about clock management, but we know immediately that calling a time-out with clock winding down and your opponent barely in FG range is f-ing retarded. Caldwell simply does not have those connections in his brain that tell him that.

Some poster above said this is not about clock management. Huh? This is 100% clock management...using the clock to give your team the best chance to win. In this case.....it was quite simple....you just let the clock run when your opponent is behind and running out of time.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

The Timeout was absurd! No reason to take it. I am not convinced the Jets weren't content with a 50 yd. attempt to win it. Hell, why not run another play when the other team gives you a "free" play.

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

It was priceless watching Peyton as timeout was taken.

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

How can I respect your point of view, when you try to share your opinion and it's filled with racism?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The Timeout was a mistake.

But he didnt do it b/c he was black.

YaMotha

Btw, why does no one blame manning for the audible on 3rd & 7 when they ran the ball. Or the manning low throw to Blair White on 3rd & 6. Or why did manning only target Reggie Wayne once the whole game, Wayne was big all year, i dont care if Revis is on him, throw him the ball, let him try and make a play.
    Or even give credit to the Jets defense for holding manning to 16 points.
    Instead you guy want to be ignorant with your racist post. I guess it's the "n*gger" coaches fault mannings playoff record is 9-10.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1963

that timeout meant nothing

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by YaMotha View Post
    Btw, why does no one blame manning for the audible on 3rd & 7 when they ran the ball. Or the manning low throw to Blair White on 3rd & 6. Or why did manning only target Reggie Wayne once the whole game, Wayne was big all year, i dont care if Revis is on him, throw him the ball, let him try and make a play.
    Or even give credit to the Jets defense for holding manning to 16 points.
    Instead you guy want to be ignorant with your racist post. I guess it's the "n*gger" coaches fault mannings playoff record is 9-10.

Why no throws to Reggie Wayne? Because he had the best DB in the league covering him. A guy that is faster than him, ball skills, and committed 0 penalties all year. It's safe to say that Revis is a better player than Wayne. It's against the odds to keep throwing to a guy when there is a better player covering him.

Manning threw low to Blair White but it hit him in the lands. Blair White is no speed demon and the defender was close to him. At that point Manning gave his guy a chance to make a play, while at the same time made it very difficult to intercept the pass. Revis was also not too too far to the right of him and defenders do have the ability to undercut that route. Manning did NOT want to throw a pick and be labeled a choak artist by clowns like you.

You can't excuse the horrible timeout by Caldwell.

Manning had a 9-10 playoff record but Dungy had a worse playoff record than Manning. It seemed like every year his paper champion Bucs would host a playoff game and get knocked out by Andy Reid's Eagles. The Bucs were sick of poor playoff coaching ( cover 2 or die) and finally canned Dungy... They were called racists for firing him but they won the super bowl the very next year without him.

Caldwell is a joke.

Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peyton doen't have to win, he's busy getting payed off.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

j-e-t-s

jets
    jets
    jets

YaMotha

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Why no throws to Reggie Wayne? Because he had the best DB in the league covering him. A guy that is faster than him, ball skills, and committed 0 penalties all year. It's safe to say that Revis is a better player than Wayne. It's against the odds to keep throwing to a guy when there is a better player covering him.

Manning threw low to Blair White but it hit him in the lands. Blair White is no speed demon and the defender was close to him. At that point Manning gave his guy a chance to make a play, while at the same time made it very difficult to intercept the pass. Revis was also not too too far to the right of him and defenders do have the ability to undercut that route. Manning did NOT want to throw a pick and be labeled a choak artist by clowns like you.

You can't excuse the horrible timeout by Caldwell.

Manning had a 9-10 playoff record but Dungy had a worse playoff record than Manning. It seemed like every year his paper champion Bucs would host a playoff game and get knocked out by Andy Reid's Eagles. The Bucs were sick of poor playoff coaching ( cover 2 or die) and finally canned Dungy... They were called racists for firing him but they won the super bowl the very next year without him.

Caldwell is a joke.
    And yes the ball hit white's hands but it was incredibly low. Stop acting like manning is god. Tony dungy and Jim Caldwell arent the only two coaches to take manning to the playoffs I never defended caldwell's timeout. Nor did I say Tampa was racist for firing dungy, I said something about these post filled with racism. Learn to read and apply your reading comprehension.
    Last edited by YaMotha; 01-09-11 at 10:11 AM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

Quote Originally Posted by Nomocino View Post
    Thought the challenge on S. Holmes punt return was an even worse call
    Now that was plain stupid. Anyone with a crappy 10 inch portable TV could see the ball never hit Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbo528 View Post
    Granted it was a stupid TO to take because it allowed the Jets time to call the play to Edwards and to just calm things down. But if the kickoff coverage team for the Colts had not allowed a long kickoff return to midfield we would be talking about another clutch field goal by Adam Veniteri instead of firing the coach.
    I don't think the timeout was bad. The Jet's were going to Edwards anyway (they were not going to sit on the ball) and as bad as the Colts defense was, they needed the timeout more than the Jets. Don't blame the timeout, blame special teams and a defense that looked like swiss cheese.

I thought the timeout the Jet's took to save time when the Colts had the ball was really ingenious. That was the play of the day. Blame Manning for not making enough plays down the stretch. Yes they got the FG but should have played for 1 more first down to ice the clock. He made several bad throws that last drive.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by YaMotha View Post
    I said something about these post filled with racism. Learn to read and apply your reading comprehension.

People are pointing out that Jim Caldwell sucks and the only reason he got the job is because he's black and you want to cry racism? Pick and choose your battles man. If you are going to cry everytime somebody says something negative about a black coach/player then you will continue to look foolish.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

What that time out did is enable nyj to run a couple more plays. The db that was covering b Edwards was getting beat bad the previous 2 plays. It would have been a harder fg from where they were than from where it finally was kicked from

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Pete Carroll running plays instead of lining up in victory formation was just as dumb. These guys are morons.

First 12