bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Condoleezza Rice the new NFL commissioner

Oh god no!

If Condoleezza Rice ever decides to make good on her aspirations to be NFL commissioner, she might want to serve her term wearing a helmet.

After mentioning Rice's attraction to the commissioner's job, the mailbag was hit with a backlash rarely seen in the month of March. Readers were aghast that she was even mentioned in the wake of Paul Tagliabue's retirement announcement. And while it was noted that Rice wasn't considered a real candidate for Tagliabue's seat, that didn't stop fans from lobbing hand grenades into the mailbag.

While better judgment says I'm using a sledgehammer on a can of worms, I can't ignore the readers. So this week's mailbag fury has been boiled down to two submissions which basically sum up all the rest: Fans would rather see Jerry Rice succeed George W. Bush in the White House before Condi followed Tagliabue in the NFL.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know she would love to do it, but even she said the timing is off.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

So, so sad. She just needs to go public and admit she's beneath me.

Bush better watch out, you can't fire her or all of a sudden, you're a racist. The folks in New Orleans would be all over that one.