King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Marvin Lewis IN!! WTF!!!

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Either money concerns in Cincy w/ the CBA agreement OR.....

....dare I say it...league pressure for more black coaches????

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

if lewis was white he woiuld've been gone. the nfl is a disgrace.

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea how he is still the coach.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Either money concerns in Cincy w/ the CBA agreement OR..... ....dare I say it...league pressure for more black coaches????
    League pressure really? Sure they might want more black head coaches but doesn't mean their going to pressure a team to keep a HC.

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    if lewis was white he woiuld've been gone. the nfl is a disgrace.
    Hmm really? your saying the NFL is a disgrace because the owner of a NFL football team decided to keep their current head coach....

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Hmm really? your saying the NFL is a disgrace because the owner of a NFL football team decided to keep their current head coach....

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Well If they start off "slow" the coming year I figure he's gone after 3-4 games. That's if there is a season.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Who else would want his job?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i just dont get this one...just done a terrible job and actually has some talent on the team. i dont get it at all

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

You boys don't even see what's going on. Mike Vick killed lots of dogs and got a second chance. Pete Rose bet on some games and didn't get a second chance. I wrote the NFL a message here: NFL Contact Us.

Why does the NFL keep wanting more black head coaches? It's pretty obvious with the Marvin Lewis re-signing. If Marvin Lewis was white he would've been fired. The NFL probably sends memos to the teams saying they want more black head coaches which is very racist. The NFL has a rule where you have to interview a black candidate for a head coaching position but not a white candidate. Another example of racism in the NFL.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6941

Y'all don't really grasp Bengal-dom... The head coach, whether he be black, white, green, it makes no difference... Ultimately, he has to kiss Mike Brown's ass... And since Mike Brown has had 2 winning seasons in twenty years(seriously, look it up!), he'll keep running the ship... Proud to have him as an owner(and GM, too!)...

Sorry, the racism angle is pure stupidity here... No decent Head Coach, and I'm pretty sure Marvin ain't one, would take this fukkin' job...

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    You boys don't even see what's going on. Mike Vick killed lots of dogs and got a second chance. Pete Rose bet on some games and didn't get a second chance. I wrote the NFL a message here: NFL Contact Us. Why does the NFL keep wanting more black head coaches? It's pretty obvious with the Marvin Lewis re-signing. If Marvin Lewis was white he would've been fired. The NFL probably sends memos to the teams saying they want more black head coaches which is very racist. The NFL has a rule where you have to interview a black candidate for a head coaching position but not a white candidate. Another example of racism in the NFL.
    No your the one that doesn't have a fking clue...

Pete Rose fked with the integrity of the game. Vick's issue is a federal one. Ok so he's goes to jail, once he's released why can't he go back and play. What does it have to do with football. Even if such memo was sent out, you really think the owner of a team is going to let the NFL decide who their Head Coach is....

Get a fking clue....

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I'll join the group of people that doesn't get this. His team's performance throughout his tenure in Cinci is mostly a disaster. Oh well, if you're a Pittsburgh or Baltimore fan, you've got to love the fact that this is essentially a two-team division. The mere fact that there are two absolute failures in the division increases your chances to make the playoffs exponentially.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i blame palmer myself. i dont see a problem with retaining lewis for one more year.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

this team has no chance till Palmer and Lewis are chucked

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    this team has no chance till Palmer and Lewis are chucked

although Palmer is reason Cincy loses

He blows every game

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

This is like watching a bad marriage. The problems start at the top, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Lots of coaches should be fired but arent. Why hire a new coach if there is going to be a long work stoppage?

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

marvin lewis is a turrible coach!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Marvin Lewis is probably the most underrated coach in the NFL

You guys realize that Cincinnati has no scouting department?

They use Mel Kiper's fukkin rankings

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

I blame Palmer also...he was awful and people just let him off the hook because he had 1 good year

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude Marvin Lewis deserves to be fired more than Rich Rodriguez...

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

You boys don't even see what's going on. Mike Vick killed lots of dogs and got a second chance. Pete Rose bet on some games and didn't get a second chance. I wrote the NFL a message here: NFL Contact Us.

Why does the NFL keep wanting more black head coaches? It's pretty obvious with the Marvin Lewis re-signing. If Marvin Lewis was white he would've been fired. The NFL probably sends memos to the teams saying they want more black head coaches which is very racist. The NFL has a rule where you have to interview a black candidate for a head coaching position but not a white candidate. Another example of racism in the NFL.

Damn!! This is like a shout for help on your part. Pete Rose bet on games that he was coaching. Vick did somethng bad but had nothing to do with the sport. Folks need to start asking you the basic question they would ask someone with a concusion. How many fingers am I holding up lol..just messing with ya, but there is a big difference.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I felt Marvin 2 years back probably should've been let go... Then the following year, Cinci swept one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. Naturally they had to bring him back for this past season.
    I'm on the fence on this one. I think he has significant issues with his game management and am not real thrilled with their offensive philosophy, which he is ultimatly responsible for. That said, he had the choice to leave - that's why I think it's questionable he stayed.

As for the racist angle, you guys are crazy. You don't even deserve a response. Your ignorance alone voids any/all opinions.
    Anyhow, you also have to think about why I don't think this is a crazy move by Cincinatti. With the likely work stoppage, shifting coaches means bringing in new people #1. People that won't have contact with the players, so bringing in new systems straight away is a bad idea. #2 Marvin is about the only man CRAZY enough with the WILL enough to work for Mike Brown. Cinci is so far behind the times on running an NFL organization. It's run by the Brown family, who have great BLOODLINES to Paul Brown ONLY. They're not football people - and they prove that time/again. Cinci does not employ a full on scouting department. Cinci is NOT a competitive organization because it's not run by football people at the top. They don't have much of an organization to compete with the rest of the league, nor the facilities, another huge detractor. Frankly, I give Marvin a TON of credit for staying around. He's not a great coach (again, questionable game management), but he's a tough S O B and has helped a ton of guys that likely would be in the UFL right now if it weren't for him...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Indifferent to the sitution... Of the 12 games they lost, only 3 were by double digits...

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Indifferent to the sitution... Of the 12 games they lost, only 3 were by double digits...
    Cincy were the masters of losing close games in '08 as well... does this scream bad QB to anybody else?

HCs with bad QBs look worse than they are because their mistakes or questionable decisions look way worse when you lose a close game. Nobody cares what blunders the HC made when you win.

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5175

with the record, surprising!

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You boys don't even see what's going on. Mike Vick killed lots of dogs and got a second chance. Pete Rose bet on some games and didn't get a second chance. I wrote the NFL a message here: NFL Contact Us. Why does the NFL keep wanting more black head coaches? It's pretty obvious with the Marvin Lewis re-signing. If Marvin Lewis was white he would've been fired. The NFL probably sends memos to the teams saying they want more black head coaches which is very racist. The NFL has a rule where you have to interview a black candidate for a head coaching position but not a white candidate. Another example of racism in the NFL.
    You have shown yourself to be simple-minded by your past comments.

But in this case, you are just being stupid. Why was the Rooney Rule instituted? Talk about that first. Wrap your head around that, THEN you can come into the thread using it.

Done with you.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Lots of coaches should be fired but arent. Why hire a new coach if there is going to be a long work stoppage?
    Excellent comment.

This is the MAIN reason.

None of that Albert Pike shit that these King of Queens lookin' mugs are bringing up even matters. Bitter, insecure POS.
    Last edited by MadTiger; 01-05-11 at 03:53 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

No scouting department, and the only team in the NFL without and indoor practice facility, and one of the few teams that dont have a GM...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Mike Brown = Al Davis

Supposedly with this new short-term deal mike brown is going to stay out of marvin's way, I doubt it.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Talking about a matchup of train wreck coaches....Chan Gailey vs Marvin Lewis....thought they wanted to give those Senior Bowl All-Stars pro coaching experience?

12 Last