demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Betting in play-offs (NOT PICKS!!!!)

Had a question and its being completely ignore in players talk so trying it here.

I'm fairly new to the game and with NFL play-offs about to start it will be my first taste. I've glanced over some records from a few guys posting plays and many have pretty good play-off records from what i remember.

So i wanted to ask how people feel about betting on play-offs in general. Not just NFL but all major sports. Is it the same as regular season. Is it harder, do guys have good records only because less plays are being made? Are the lines sharper, and so on?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I think it's much harder than NFL regular season, just like betting college bowls is tougher than regular season (although I've had my first good bowl year in quite some time).

With the playoffs, I try not to force any plays. If I don't like a side/total, I'll lay off and enjoy what is most likely going to be a good game. It's hard to lay off because time is running out and everyone loves football

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Also remember that home field advantage is worth more in the playoffs (for the most part)