brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    saints haven't fared too well I believe on the west coast.

the only loss by the saints vs NFC west was a flukey game against arizona in which they outgained the Cards 400-210 but lost due to a ton of turnovers

that's the only real chance of the saints losing or not covering this game. Saints have won their last 2 games against NFC west teams by 15+ points

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    and Seattle CAN play good defense at home especially when you have an atmosphere like tonight. Not saying Seattle wins but it won't be a blowout.

Seattle's defense their last 6 games against teams with good offenses

Oakland - 33 points given up
    Giants - 41 points given up
    New Orleans - 35 points given up
    Kansas City - 42 points given up
    Atlanta - 34 points given up
    Tampa Bay - 38 points given up

giving up like 40 points per game is good defense?

steelers7889
    steelers7889's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate both teams both suck and both wont make it far, ill take Sea spread though

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

New Orleans is far better than Seattle is. You guys are so right to say that they have lost by an average of 23 points against winning teams. I sure think this will be no different here. I say New Orleans wins this one by at least 21.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Can understand taking the spread.. but the ML?
    Oh well, hope it works out for you, best of luck.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pete Carroll's coaching "style"....scares me a "bit"...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the problem is that seattle is a much much worse team than even their record would indicate

the only reason their record looks semi respectable is because they got off to a flukey hot start. Their last 3 wins were against the Rams, Carolina and Arizona (do I even have to tell you how bad those 3 teams combined record is??). They are on a 0-6 streak against winning teams with each game being over before the 4th quarter even started

1)seattle is deadlast in the league in running the ball. How are they gonna move the ball against a New Orleans defense that has been playing great ball as of late?? I'm really supposed to believe a 60 year old matt hassellback with a 12-17 TD/INT ratio and a 73 QB rating is gonna beat one of the best defenses in the league all on his own??

2)Seattle defense?? what defense?? seahawks are towards the bottom off the league in every defensive indicator (yards per game, points per game, offensive efficiency allowed, etc...)

3)seattle is just a team that doesn't do anything well outside of maybe special teams. Their run d sucks, their pass d sucks, they can't move the ball consistently

your only real hope here is the Saints beat themselves with turnovers and poor red zone performance. The seahawks have no business playing in this game. This is, by a country mile, the worst team to ever make it to the playoffs

Saints by at least 3 scores in this one
    And if all of these things play EXACTLY as ordered... you're right.. Saint's win by probably 30...

You essentially are doing exactly what I did though... You tell me why the Saints are going to win in a landslide... I tell you why the Saints have had the benefit of a fortunate Game 6 that leads them to a weaker schedule...

You haven't said anything though... by the SAME logic, St. Louis was supposed to win this game by double digits against a backup QB who has had 2 HORRENDOUS starts...

Again... on Paper... The Saints are SUPPOSED to win... but seriously? Are you a die hard Saints Fan or something??? I gave you the last three times they played where weather was a factor.. All in Chicago... All Losses... '08 Chi was 9-7... '07 they were 7-9... Only the superbowl bound team was 13-3...

Again... Brees has to overcome a completely different type of game... Throwing the ball in a wet, cold, hostile environment, PLUS banging up ANOTHER Three starters today after 6 of them were already banged up... they also have to travel 3000 miles and play across 2 time zones, on a short week... but hey.. wait I forgot.. "Saints Good/Hawks Bad" ...You think the difference between 2 Professional Football teams is THAT great.... No Wonder Vegas builds more and More Big buildings every year...

Even if they win the game... You feel THAT comfortable laying 2 scores on the Road where they barely beat 4 teams that ended up with 6 wins or less by LESS then 4 points.... I guess you do... I mean it's the internet, and we can say whatever we want without anything really at stake... Saints win by 50.. you're a genious, I'm an idiot... Hawks win, you cry it's fixed and make excuses all night...

I'm not gonna sit here and say Seattle is winning the Superbowl.... all I'm saying is that on this ONE given night, they have a VERY good chance to compete... and if they can Compete, at home... they MAY have a chance at actually winning this ONE game on the schedule...
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 01-03-11 at 03:59 AM.

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawks will definitely cover the spread of 10.5, and they might even win. Im gonna throw some coins on the ML

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Seattle's Home Games... 5-3

(Most recent first)

StL - Up early with Backup QB... Allowed 2 FG's all game... win 16-6
    Atl - Down 17-10 at Half - Hasselbeck Fumbled on opening 2H play and wheels fall off...lose 34-18
    Car - Down 14-0 Early, score 31 straight to win 31-14
    KC - Down 21-17 after 3Q - Hawks allow 3 TD's in the 4th... get blown out 42-24...
    NYG - Whitehurst's First start... Down Early... Crushed 41-7
    Ari - Up 16-0... Win 22-10
    SD - up 10-0 at half... Tied at 20 late, Washington Returns 2nd Kick of the night... Win 27-20
    SF - Up 14-6 at half - win 31-6

I see ONE game in which they didn't compete... the Giants... KC was a ball game until the 4Q, and the possibly Superbowl Bound Falcons they were in it until Hasselbeck Played like a donkey on the opening drive of the 2H ...

Again, for those that feel like NO is an "Obvious" play... you can't be more wrong, even if the score ends up that way... If NO wins, particularly covers... they would have played a near PERFECT game, in really SHITTY conditions, in a TOUGH place to win, against a team that is MOTIVATED to complete for their Jobs next year... against a team that has NOTHING to lose... looking for the OPPORTUNITY to PROVE to people that they belong, despite their shitty record...

The funny thing, is I REALLY LIKE the Saints... I love the organization, and what they've accomplished in the past 4 years, after decades of being garbage... They are a VERY good team that I have been VERY successful with betting on over the past couple years... But this just maybe a spot they are laying ALOT of points to overcome ALOT of obstacles... and with a ML at +500 or more... this just MAYBE the perfect storm...
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 01-03-11 at 04:06 AM.

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

Don't be silly guys...Seattle awful losing by double digits almost every game they lost. 10.5 is the play don't over think it.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love your analysis lakerboy, now everyone should tail blindly.
    Did you flip a coin for your next sucker post?

szk1983
    szk1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

i would go with that. NO has not looked good at all

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8549

Ubelievable that home playoff team is getting 10.5. Will be interesting to see if it moves at all. So tempting to scoop up those points

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

If you don't need the money you're going to put on this game, just send it to me.

csm506
    csm506's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they do beat the Saints it is a sad in sports, this is the worse team to make the NFL playoffs in the modern history.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1768

Week 11:
    Seahawks:19
    Saints:34

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4697

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Seahawks will beat the Saints. Saints are going to be the burial of the wild card weekend. Seattle will carry this momentum into next weekend and eke out a win. Obviously almost everyone will take the Saints and lose.
    So the Seahawks beat the Rams and all of a sudden people expect them to put up a fight against the Saints? They beat the freakin Rams.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah no way they beat the Aints straight up. They will be underdogs at home tho. Could be a nice cover.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Im sorry but Drew Brees will not let that happen... The guy works miracles... NO with the points.

shock11
    shock11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

don't waste your money on that bet

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    Pete Carroll's coaching "style"....scares me a "bit"...
    Lucky Pete -- that guy has the life! He had a sweet gig at USC as a rockstar and then had the red carept rolled out for him in Seattle and avoids sanctions

Now he has led his team to a home playoff game in his first year with a 7-9 record

I like betting on him

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I advise you fellas and ladies to NOT partake on the Seattle ML. The 'hawks will be more than satisfied that they made it to the post season in Carroll's first season as head coach with a 7 - 9 record. Unless this game is played in a blizzard, the reigning Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints will win this one. If blizzard conditions arise, Seattle might hang around but be smart and take the points!

The Sensei
    The Sensei's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

The saints win big. They already beat the Seahawks earlier in the year and i dont really believe seattle has all this new found "momentum" after beating a 7-9 team

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    And if all of these things play EXACTLY as ordered... you're right.. Saint's win by probably 30...

You essentially are doing exactly what I did though... You tell me why the Saints are going to win in a landslide... I tell you why the Saints have had the benefit of a fortunate Game 6 that leads them to a weaker schedule...
    the problem is that you seem to think the seahawks are any better than the Saints competition

the seahawks are just as awful as most of the teams on the Saints schedule and while the Saints are far from a perfect team, they are still very talented and very well coached on both sides of the ball. The talent disparity between these 2 teams is huge and home field advantage is not gonna change that (especially considering that the Saints are 6-2 on the road and Seattle has gotten routinely blown out at home)

when will you get this through your damn head??

seattle sucks. They can't throw efficiently, they can't run the ball well, they can't stop the run, they can't stop the pass

the only reason they got in the playoffs was because they played in the worst conference in the history of football

You haven't said anything though... by the SAME logic, St. Louis was supposed to win this game by double digits against a backup QB who has had 2 HORRENDOUS starts...

St Louis is a mediocre team with an average defense and a below average offense with a rookie QB

you're gonna compare them to the superbowl defending champs with a top 5/top 10 defense and offense??

seriously??

Again... on Paper... The Saints are SUPPOSED to win... but seriously? Are you a die hard Saints Fan or something??? I gave you the last three times they played where weather was a factor.. All in Chicago... All Losses... '08 Chi was 9-7... '07 they were 7-9... Only the superbowl bound team was 13-3...
    weather?? from what I have seen it's gonna be 40-45 degrees with a slight chance of rain. That's far from a blizzard

if you think a little bit of rain gives a god awful seattle team a chance against the defending champs, you're gonna be in for a very rough surprise

Again... Brees has to overcome a completely different type of game... Throwing the ball in a wet, cold, hostile environment, PLUS banging up ANOTHER Three starters today after 6 of them were already banged up... they also have to travel 3000 miles and play across 2 time zones, on a short week... but hey.. wait I forgot.. "Saints Good/Hawks Bad" ...You think the difference between 2 Professional Football teams is THAT great.... No Wonder Vegas builds more and More Big buildings every year...
    I heard this same horseshit before the Atlanta game before the seahawks got blown out at home yet again

and you can use whatever nonsense excuse you wanna use but that game was 31-10 before a meaningless garbage time touchdown by the seahawks

I'm not gonna sit here and say Seattle is winning the Superbowl.... all I'm saying is that on this ONE given night, they have a VERY good chance to compete... and if they can Compete, at home... they MAY have a chance at actually winning this ONE game on the schedule...

they haven't competed against a team with a winning record in nearly 3 months, yet all of a sudden they're this great home team that can beat anybody??

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

This game was Seattle's playoff game. They don't have the fire power to go toe to toe with the Saints.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Seattle's Home Games... 5-3 (Most recent first) StL - Up early with Backup QB... Allowed 2 FG's all game... win 16-6 Atl - Down 17-10 at Half - Hasselbeck Fumbled on opening 2H play and wheels fall off...lose 34-18 Car - Down 14-0 Early, score 31 straight to win 31-14 KC - Down 21-17 after 3Q - Hawks allow 3 TD's in the 4th... get blown out 42-24... NYG - Whitehurst's First start... Down Early... Crushed 41-7 Ari - Up 16-0... Win 22-10 SD - up 10-0 at half... Tied at 20 late, Washington Returns 2nd Kick of the night... Win 27-20 SF - Up 14-6 at half - win 31-6 I see ONE game in which they didn't compete... the Giants... KC was a ball game until the 4Q, and the possibly Superbowl Bound Falcons they were in it until Hasselbeck Played like a donkey on the opening drive of the 2H ... Again, for those that feel like NO is an "Obvious" play... you can't be more wrong, even if the score ends up that way... If NO wins, particularly covers... they would have played a near PERFECT game, in really SHITTY conditions, in a TOUGH place to win, against a team that is MOTIVATED to complete for their Jobs next year... against a team that has NOTHING to lose... looking for the OPPORTUNITY to PROVE to people that they belong, despite their shitty record... The funny thing, is I REALLY LIKE the Saints... I love the organization, and what they've accomplished in the past 4 years, after decades of being garbage... They are a VERY good team that I have been VERY successful with betting on over the past couple years... But this just maybe a spot they are laying ALOT of points to overcome ALOT of obstacles... and with a ML at +500 or more... this just MAYBE the perfect storm...

you sound like the type of retard who would bet on UConn in their game against the Sooners and get on here making excuses after they lost by 28 points

sometimes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

The early game vs the saints is not really what the score indicates, it was a close games, take away the fumbles and seahawks probably win that game.

Mind you, they have little chance against the saints now if whitehurst starts.

k13

Can't throw the ball....I think they had 380 on the saints.

Anyways, any team in the nfl can beat any team in the nfl on the right day.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

well i was wrong didn't think sea had a chance

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Can't throw the ball....I think they had 380 on the saints.

Anyways, any team in the nfl can beat any team in the nfl on the right day.

I watched the first game, the seahawks played the game of their life in terms of passing the ball and still lost by 15 points (and it wasn't nearly as close as that)

that should be all you need to know. The falcons just beat this team by 16 points (it was 24 before a meaningless garbage time touchdown). There is no reason whatsoever to believe the Saints won't do the same

k13

Lucky for the saints the niners diden't make it or else they'd roll them again.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Seahawks will beat the Saints. Saints are going to be the burial of the wild card weekend. Seattle will carry this momentum into next weekend and eke out a win. Obviously almost everyone will take the Saints and lose.
    SEA are garbage, they will lose at more the 20...you should be banned from SBR for being so stupid, your pick must be the most retarded in the history of sports.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

I'll take the 10.5

texashighroller
    texashighroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Bold prediction

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

LB doesn't really think the Seahawks will win. He just likes to get people to start flipping out.

Those silly Canadians!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

First 123456 ... Last