rjc
    rjc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

wow , stranger things have happened i guess.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

seahawks ML? really?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Would hate to lay that many points on the road in seattle where "the12th man" is always a factor, but I really can't see brees and co losing this game as defending champions. The fact that the line came out at 10 and now with the hook is even more telling that this game has blowout written all over it. Wont touch it and if i did i would take the saints with the spread. Drew brees, defending champion and superbowl MVP, vs charlie whitehurst? In a playoff game? And your taking good ol Charlie? Come on now....

we dont know who is gonna play qb for the hawks and i think carroll likes it that way. obviously hasselbeck will be good by that time but that will be part of the intrigue. as for the hook i would think they want new orlenas money to be stuck on the hook but i could be wrong. the saints laying 10.5 on the road- come on now bro.

The Architect
    The Architect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    You realize this is what the Books want you to think right... Same books that Wanted people to bet Phily @ home as 14 point favs a weeks ago...or NE @ 14.5 ...
    I'm not saying that seattle cant manage a cover, but to bet the mL would really should ignorance to the game actually being played - the value is there i agree but if you know football you know that the saints will win this game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I'm not saying that seattle cant manage a cover, but to bet the mL would really should ignorance to the game actually being played - the value is there i agree but if you know football you know that the saints will win this game.

i know football and i think the saints could win this game but i also know the saints are not a good road team( in bad weather) and to be in a position having to travel cross country on a short week without a good running game and unable to protect there qb facing a team with nothing to lose and a big win just under there belts leads me to believe that the seahawks have a good shot.

sure the saints could win huge but im banking on that not happening.

anyways its worth a shot to me and i hope that seattle wins.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Guessing this number will come down as Saturday approaches

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

interesting call LB ... i was out watching the game but i was coming in here to say take the points with Seattle no matter what it is ... wasn't going to go as far as the moneyline but it would NOT surprise me ... Saints have proven themselves as not being all that great ... sure they have a few decent wins like everyone else does but they are not overly impressive and if you are taking the Saints giving points you are still paying the defending champs premium ...

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Guessing this number will come down as Saturday approaches
    think it will come way down

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

i can sure see it go down

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Just wait and let the line move up

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i can sure see it go down
    Dude, there just arent that many people out there willing to bet on Seattle (even with Hasselbeck).

mlb

often times lines like this go down even with the public pounding the fuk outta the favored side

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

The bucs dominated both teams and we will be watching it on TV unfukkin real

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    The bucs dominated both teams and we will be watching it on TV unfukkin real
    well shoulda beat the lions

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints 51-7 final

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

love the hawks with the points, might play the ML a bit.

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    well shoulda beat the lions
    and not have collapsed agains the Falcons ... thats the way shiiiit goes sometimes i guess

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I like Hawks and the points...playing ML is just stupid unless you have money to burn

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Few possible reasons for an upset special that work for the SeaChickens...

1) Seattle has a HUGE advantage of PLAYING the Saints in week 12... Hasselbeck was 32 of 44 for 366 yards... 1 TD 0 INTs...
    Brees was 29 of 43 for 382 yards.. 4 TD's - 2 INT's.... (1 in garbage time)

RB Lynch - Last 4 games avg's 3.8 or better YPC... had 2 of his 3 fumbles of his Seahawks career... Vs the Saints...

After the Adjustments were made in the 27-16 (NO) 1H - it was a 7-3, 2H (NO) ... Seattle only had the Ball 3x in that half, with 2 of their drives stopped because of the fumbles by Lynch...

Coaches make adjustments... Carroll will make them after getting to play them once already...

2) The Saints Momentum - Big thing is the 6 game winning streak - At 4-3 they Clearly needed some help... Playing at Home to Pittsburgh - They were on the verge of dropping to .500 .. Literally in the final few minutes with Pitt driving down 3, NO gets a fumble off a big Pitt gain and drives the other way to win by 10... Huge Win makes them 5-3, and now the next 5 Games, they beat up 5 - Sub .500 teams... In order - The Panthers, a Bye, the Seahawks, Dallas (by 3), Cinci (by 4), and St. Louis ... Only Seattle (At the time) was a team over .500 ...

They close out the season losing to a Tough Raven team.. Beating Atlanta Late, and losing in a throw away today ...

Obviously the second half of the season has been Good to them... They beat who they had too.. But Early on this team was 3-2, beating Minny (5 points), SF (3 points), and Carolina (2 points) .. Losing to Atlanta and Arizona... They were a VERY average team that did what they had to... but Had the Benefit of a Schedule which now at the end of the season turns out to be very favourable...

3) 12th man blah blah blah... Fact is, fans tonight were into it.. They cared... I've been to these games.. For an open air Stadium, you just can't understand how acoustically it is incredible to hear the deafening tone during the NFL Championship game 5 years ago.. They AVERAGE 2 Opponent False Starts PER GAME in their field... It's rediculous how it affects you...

4) Weather in Seattle... It's Rainy... Relatively Cold... And so far the expected Weather forecast is - SURPRISE - Cloudy, rainy, and a high of about 40... Last year NO played Both games up until the Bowl at home in the dome...

In fact, the LAST time NO played in a significant game that being Outdoors had any effect... Dec 11, 2008.. A night game in Chicago that started in 28 degrees (F), 60% Humidity - They lost 27-24 .. Brees was 24-43 for 232 yards - 2TD's and 2 INTs...

Before that... Dec 30, 2007 - @ Chicago again - 30 Deg (F) - 90% Humidity - They lose 33-25... Brees 35-60 for 320 yards... 3 TD's, 2 INTs...

Oh before that... You'll never believe it...Conference Championship @ Chicago - Jan 21, 2007, 28 Deg, 86% Humidity... rainy... Lose 39-14 - Brees 27-49 for 354 - 2 TD's -1 INT...

Of course, it could just be CHICAGO that has their number of course... Or CHICAGO has the distinct advantage of being a team that can play better in the Cold at Home... (Unless they are playing the Pats of course)...

So if you are looking for reasons why they COULD win... there are a few... Of course the Saints ARE the better team... But until they beat Pitt in week 7, they were NOT the better team against anyone... Seattle, until they beat the Rams... Were NOT the better team against many except when they HAD to win... can THEY be the better team in 6 days?
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 01-03-11 at 01:09 AM.
    Points Awarded:

agronox gave BetterBizness 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    i know football and i think the saints could win this game but i also know the saints are not a good road team( in bad weather) and to be in a position having to travel cross country on a short week without a good running game and unable to protect there qb facing a team with nothing to lose and a big win just under there belts leads me to believe that the seahawks have a good shot.

sure the saints could win huge but im banking on that not happening.

anyways its worth a shot to me and i hope that seattle wins.

1)saints are a bad road team?? they are 6-2 on the road, better road record than home record

2)saints are unable to protect there qb?? the saints have a top 5 offensive line when it comes to pass blocking, are you fukking kidding me here?? the saints have only given up like 20-25 sacks all year long

and you talk about the saints not being a good run team?? the seahawks are a god awful team all around. The worst run game in the league and an awful defense that has given up nearly 26 points per game

these 2 teams played once earlier and the saints sliced em up for a 15 point victory. What in the world makes you think the seahawks have a chance in this one??

give me a fukkin break here!! the seahawks have lost their last 6 games against teams that are at least .500 by an average margin of 23 points. They get annihilated everytime they face a decent team

brahmabull117

*bunch of nonsense*

why did you not post the fact that the seahawks are 0-6 their last 6 games against teams with winning records, losing each game by an AVERAGE, yes AVERAGE of 23 points??

we're talking about a team here that lost AT HOME by 34 points to the giants

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

i love balt -3!!!!

Ochocinco85mvp
    Ochocinco85mvp's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the play.....always root for a home dog

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

saints won in a playoff-game already in ATL. You thought the rams would take the divison now you are all over Seattle's nuts? Seattle will lose this game for sure. The spread is different.

Colts lose for sure

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ochocinco85mvp View Post
    i like the play.....always root for a home dog

some of you guys need a serious reality check

you're looking at the game here and automatically coming up with an opinion on what's gonna happen without analyzing the teams - "ZOMG EVERYBODY IS ON THE SAINTS AND THEY'RE ON ROAD, I"M WITH VEGAS LMAOO!!!!"

the seahawks haven't even been competitive in their last 3 home games against good teams - losing games by 18, 16 and 34 points. They looked awful today to my eye, only really winning because the rams are a bad road team and they played a very poor game (late turnover by Bradford)

the saints have won something like 8 out of their last 10 games, they are on fire on offense and defense right now. You really tell me a defense that gives up 26 points per game is gonna stop drew brees in the playoffs

Saints - 42
    Seahawks - 21

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    1)saints are a bad road team?? they are 6-2 on the road, better road record than home record 2)saints are unable to protect there qb?? the saints have a top 5 offensive line when it comes to pass blocking, are you fukking kidding me here?? the saints have only given up like 20-25 sacks all year long and you talk about the saints not being a good run team?? the seahawks are a god awful team all around. The worst run game in the league and an awful defense that has given up nearly 26 points per game these 2 teams played once earlier and the saints sliced em up for a 15 point victory. What in the world makes you think the seahawks have a chance in this one?? give me a fukkin break here!! the seahawks have lost their last 6 games against teams that are at least .500 by an average margin of 23 points. They get annihilated everytime they face a decent team
    you pretty much got wrecked here

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17477

Pinnacle had -10.5 for the Saints few hours ago. It's way to much for a playoff game especially away.

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by mminkovski View Post
    Pinnacle had -10.5 for the Saints few hours ago. It's way to much for a playoff game especially away.
    dont think its too much when we are talking the 7-9 seahawks but i still think they cover the number

Goat Milk

saints lost today on purpose obviously to play a shit team (hawks/rams)

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

1)saints are a bad road team?? they are 6-2 on the road, better road record than home record
    maybe... But beating San Fran (3), Carolina (31), Dallas (3), Cinci (4) knowing now when we didn't know then...that they had 18 wins at the end of the year (Avg 4.5 W)

Then beating Pitt (10) and Atl (3) ... Good teams.. respect... Both turned their season around... Pitt was More important than Atlanta by miles though... They played clutch and got the benefit of what we know now as a weak schedule... They won their games, and here we are...

I'm not saying Saints CAN'T win... But I think your a little too shortsighted in your "analysis" (loose term)...

brahmabull117

maybe... But beating San Fran (3), Carolina (31), Dallas (3), Cinci (4) knowing now when we didn't know then...that they had 18 wins at the end of the year (Avg 4.5 WP

and the seahawks are of higher quality than those teams?? give me a break!!

the seahawks have gotten just utterly deciminated against every semi decent opponent they have faced over the last 2+ months

I'm supposed to believe a team that loses by 34 points at home to the giants is gonna beat the defending super bowl champs who are 8-2 their last 10 games??

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

and the seahawks are of higher quality than those teams?? give me a break!!

the seahawks have gotten just utterly deciminated against every semi decent opponent they have faced over the last 2+ months

I'm supposed to believe a team that loses by 34 points at home to the giants is gonna beat the defending super bowl champs who are 8-2 their last 10 games??
    Seattle was 4-2 and wheels fell off... Because of circumstance, despite a shitty record, they somehow found a way to make it... Still 5-3 at home... Still have a shot... Maybe wrong, but I think they will cover, and possibly upset for the reasons given...

you're Way too shortsighted to understand anything that points against betting the Saints... so bet them... put the bankroll on it, and rub it in my face later...

We get it... Saints good... Seattle Bad... Saint supposed to win by 30 ... Thank you for adding such great analytical posts to the thread... Suppose you Liked Phily and New England as 2 TD favorites the last 2 weeks as well...

brahmabull117

Seattle was 4-2 and wheels fell off... Because of circumstance, despite a shitty record, they somehow found a way to make it... Still 5-3 at home... Still have a shot... Maybe wrong, but I think they will cover, and possibly upset for the reasons given... you're Way too shortsighted to understand anything that points against betting the Saints... so bet them... put the bankroll on it, and rub it in my face later... We get it... Saints good... Seattle Bad... Saint supposed to win by 30 ... Thank you for adding such great analytical posts to the thread...
    the problem is that seattle is a much much worse team than even their record would indicate

the only reason their record looks semi respectable is because they got off to a flukey hot start. Their last 3 wins were against the Rams, Carolina and Arizona (do I even have to tell you how bad those 3 teams combined record is??). They are on a 0-6 streak against winning teams with each game being over before the 4th quarter even started

1)seattle is deadlast in the league in running the ball. How are they gonna move the ball against a New Orleans defense that has been playing great ball as of late?? I'm really supposed to believe a 60 year old matt hassellback with a 12-17 TD/INT ratio and a 73 QB rating is gonna beat one of the best defenses in the league all on his own??

2)Seattle defense?? what defense?? seahawks are towards the bottom off the league in every defensive indicator (yards per game, points per game, offensive efficiency allowed, etc...)

3)seattle is just a team that doesn't do anything well outside of maybe special teams. Their run d sucks, their pass d sucks, they can't move the ball consistently

your only real hope here is the Saints beat themselves with turnovers and poor red zone performance. The seahawks have no business playing in this game. This is, by a country mile, the worst team to ever make it to the playoffs

Saints by at least 3 scores in this one

Jessica
    Jessica's Avatar Become A Pro!

saints haven't fared too well I believe on the west coast. Also weather around here on Saturday says rain/snow with high winds...plus Ill be at the game and Seattle always wins when Im there so hope you're right.

Jessica
    Jessica's Avatar Become A Pro!

and Seattle CAN play good defense at home especially when you have an atmosphere like tonight. Not saying Seattle wins but it won't be a blowout.

First 12345 ... Last