k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Bears +1250

These gotta be the highest odds in a while for a team supposedly getting a "bye"

I don't see them winning the super bowl but what's everyone think of this price for a #2 seed?

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2069

Everybody hates the Bears. After reading these and other boards it seems like the more they win the more they suck

k13

Match ups for them would most likely be the Eagles or Saints so not so bad.

I don't care for the Bears but I see thegreek only has +785 for them...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Wow, there's quite a lot of value in that prop at +1250 if it's legit. It definitly opens lots of hedge opportunities. Shopping for value in the playoffs on props like that are great earners.

The Bears are as good or better than any other NFC team - and they're peaking at the right time: Late in the year.
    The only thing that is concerning me is teams are doing better at containing Peppers since his move to the weak side. Also, I'm not really thrilled with Tommie Harris (especially) and the Bears interior DTs - they've been really inconsistent. Also, depending where they play, Urlacher isn't a very good tackler to begin with (adequate and inconsistent is more like it) and isn't as effective on a slow Soldier field... He needs to play fast to be very good.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

As McBa1n says, definitely value there.

Don't forget Hester, he's such a wild card in the equation - why anyone kicks to him ever defies explanation.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I love the Saints odds right now at Bookmaker. They're +1015 to win the Super Bowl and +425 to win the NFC. I would consider this the best value on the futures board right now.

I could see a New England vs. New Orleans Super Bowl, with a potential hedge opportunity for my two future plays.

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

thats huge value for a team with a bye!!!!!

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are clueless.
    You can currently get +1400 at MB (1000 bucks which is a lot on those odds).
    TheGreek has shitty odds, we all know that.
    Pinny has +1250, so what you are saying is that their price is not sharp coz they are influenced by "Bears hating"?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    You guys are clueless. You can currently get +1400 at MB (1000 bucks which is a lot on those odds). TheGreek has shitty odds, we all know that. Pinny has +1250, so what you are saying is that their price is not sharp coz they are influenced by "Bears hating"?

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post

Don't forget Hester, he's such a wild card in the equation - why anyone kicks to him ever defies explanation.
    Something often overlooked is special teams, and that is one thing the Bears have going for themselves. Besides Hester, they also have an A+ field goal kicker and an A+ punter.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I don't like the bears that much. They have a weak offense line, an average pass defense and a top run defense. If they play a team like new orleans or greenbay in the playoffs they could be in major trouble. i would put them around the 4-5th best team in the nfc.
    IMO, i like the kansas city 26/1 bet a lot better. i hated kc early in the season, but they have grown on me. Matt cassel is serioulsy the most under valued guy in the league. With their two good rbs, and bowe. and a pretty decent defense they could surprise people.
    I know everyone is slurping on new england right now, but new england to me is very very beatable.. they have a very young, weak secondary. a team like the ravens could beat them.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post

Or Peppers.....the guy can be the best player on the field that day IF he feels like it?

Cutler's decisions and fundamentals are still pretty bad at times (pick-6 Jets)...don't think Chicago is ready but they have as good a shot as anyone...more talent than the Falcons imo!

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

not bad value

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I love the Saints odds right now at Bookmaker. They're +1015 to win the Super Bowl and +425 to win the NFC. I would consider this the best value on the futures board right now.

I could see a New England vs. New Orleans Super Bowl, with a potential hedge opportunity for my two future plays.
    I think that's poor value. They will have to win 3 road games and then the Super Bowl. Not impossible, but pretty close. Probably better off betting them game by game. They be faves in Game 1 but dogs in the next two.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Sucker's bet. Atlanta will take it in a revenge game against the Aints for the NFC

-

-

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

I already have the Bears averaged at +2800. Pretty sizable chunks at Matchbook. I always wondered who those people were tying up their money for months and laying -2800 odds to do so. Hoping for a 3.8% return on investment over 3-4 months and risking it all?

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    You guys are clueless.
    You can currently get +1400 at MB (1000 bucks which is a lot on those odds).
    TheGreek has shitty odds, we all know that.
    Pinny has +1250, so what you are saying is that their price is not sharp coz they are influenced by "Bears hating"?
    This is at Pinny.

Thegreek has good odds at the right time for futures but not this week, last week they did.

You gotta shop around. KC is +4300 at pinny and +4000 at matchbook.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's what i said you genius, trying to raise your post counter?

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

very interesting to me also

k13

I was actually going to take this at +7000 + or whatever it was after the skins game.

If atlanta loses early....just so much better.

btw, I don't think the Bears are a super bowl winner.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

cutler will screw it up when it comes to clutch time, but no team in nfc is a lock, but dont see how the bears beat one of the afc teams

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The Bears will only be knocked out by the Patriots. If somehow the Patriots get knocked out first then Da Bears are Superbowl champs.