4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

If any QB other than VICK had played behind phillys offensive line last night...

they would be on IR.

for this reason alone i salute vick .

he avoided like 5 blindside season ending blitzes in which nobody picked up the safety or corner blitzing. of course nobody noticed that in their analysis of vick bashing.

either way, he will shut guys up in the playoffs. NFL = not for long. people on this board are so quick to bash teams after one loss..

falcons lose= "theyre shit..."
    philly loses= "vick is crap eagles are done..."
    packers lose a couple games without rodgers= "giants will smoke packers"
    indy has a few injury issues = "peyton manning sucks"
    bears win a ton of games and then lose 1 = "jay cutler sucks, should not be in the NFL"
    jets lose a couple games to good teams = "jets are done, sanchez sucks, defense is over-rated"
    steelers win a couple games at the beginning of the year = "steelers are untouchable, superbowl"

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

If any other QB played behind that line they would have NOT had cornerback blitzes thrown at them all night. Know why? They would have identified them and thrown to their hot routes and beat the blitz.... Sort of like what Joe Webb was doing vs the Eagles Blitzing defense. The Vikings threw the house at Vick because

A) He still doesn't completely understand the offense
    B) The cold slows him down some

Why do you think people don't blitz 8 guys vs Brady or Manning? Because they make them pay. Vick simply can't do that. It was like a video game, they blitzed him from his left over and over and over again and he can't do anything about it. It's like baseball, once the pitcher realizes a batter can't hit the curve, they can expect to see curve balls over and over and over again.

C-Gold

Vick is the most overrated and most understood player in all of sports. He's a below average quarterback that picks up rushing yards. People love seeing and talking about his "upside" and those cool runs he has, but they ignore his poor pocket awareness, holding onto the ball too long, his poor accuracy, and poor decision making. I mean last night could have been a 5-7 turnover game for him. The other team was running the same play on defense over and over again and he was clueless.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Vick is the most overrated and most understood player in all of sports. He's a below average quarterback that picks up rushing yards. People love seeing and talking about his "upside" and those cool runs he has, but they ignore his poor pocket awareness, holding onto the ball too long, his poor accuracy, and poor decision making. I mean last night could have been a 5-7 turnover game for him. The other team was running the same play on defense over and over again and he was clueless.

1st of all, drew brees and manning and cutler and all the solid qbs in the league get picked off regularly. so theres nothing wrong with throwing a couple of picks in a game (he only threw 1 actually)

"he does not completely understand the offense" ... ummmmm hello? the guy came back to score 30 some odd points agaisnt the giants defense in the second half of a big game to seal a victory. if he doesnt understand the offense he must be superman

"cold weather slows him down "..ummmm hello? didnt he rush for like 63 yards last night despite getting hit hard and hit often. he even had a limp at halftime for Gods sake... and did you forget the game a few years ago when he took the falcons into lambeau and eliminated the packers from the playoffs? yup, i bet you did.

"not accurate" -...ummmm hello? his completion percentage has been above 60% in 9 out of the 12 games hes played and above 65% in 5 out of the 12 games hes played

"hes a below average qb that picks up rushing yards" ... ummmm he has 21 TD 6 INT over 3000 passing yards and a 100.2 qb rating , ASIDE from his rushing yards.

dude you are clueless.... and yes they lost to the vikings and the initial (PUBLIC) perception is that it was a bad performance but you know what, the vikings have tons of talent and joe webb is a pretty good qb (looked good in preseason, but obv you only judged him before based on last weeks random insertion into the game).

the vikings only weakness was brett favre and childress and now that theyre gone they are back to the contending talent team they should have been. there is nothign wrong with losing one game in the NFL to a good team. the eagles missed a field goal had some turnovers and in the end lost. but they'll be back

as for peopel like you who judge teams and players based on the one bad game they have, good luck ever winning money

C-Gold

You want to talk about a game in Green Bay in what, 2005? FYI, you obviously must not have watched that game, the defense and Favre mistakes is what won the game. If you want to judge a QB based on one game have fun trying to make money...

Vick had a horrible game, and you defend him with... other qb's would have done worse. Other QB's don't get the same blitz over and over and over again that they can't beat. I mean it was pretty freaking obvious what was going on out there, no?

Completion percentage... Dink and dunk, andy Reid west coast offense. You put him in the colts offense to direct traffic and watch a train wreck. Vick's pea brain couldn't possibly comprehend wtf is going on there. Do you want to tell me that pick Desean Jackson was accurate? For any passing QB it's a sure fire easy TD. For Vick it's a pick.

Joe Webb is a good QB? Based on what, 1 start and 200 yards? I know why you think he's a good QB, the same reason as vick... QB rushing yards... the most overrated stat in all of sports. You can have Vick when he's out of jail, Vince Young when he doesn't have mental problems... Joe Webb... Tim Tebow and the other rushing yards QB's.

Give me Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning... Contrary to popular belief it's MUCH more difficult to defend these guys than to defend Vick/Tebow/Webb/Vince Young

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Any other QB would of covered my over bet with ease. Deserves what he does to dogs...

kman27
    kman27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like brady said, every qb in perfect for their system. Vick fits reid's system fairly well so he wins games. You put Vick under Pats or Colts system...like C-Gold said, it would be a train wreck.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if u read the C-Golds comments he is 100% correct pretty much everything he said. vick is the best mobile QBs in the league yet he is sacked the most. y is it that most elite qbs like manning, brady, brees dont get blitzed often and dont get sacked often? they read defenses, and they get the ball out quick. i would not be surprised to see vick do very well the next couple years though, if he can stay healthy......

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

the offensive line of philly is the worst in the league i can write a check on it

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Vick had a horrible game, and you defend him with... other qb's would have done worse. Other QB's don't get the same blitz over and over and over again that they can't beat. I mean it was pretty freaking obvious what was going on out there, no?

Give me Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning... Contrary to popular belief it's MUCH more difficult to defend these guys than to defend Vick/Tebow/Webb/Vince Young

THATS FUNNY... BECAUSE....

eli manning, peyton manning, and drew brees are #1, #2, and #3 in MOST INTERCEPTIONS IN THE NFL
    they must really be much more difficult to defend than michael vick

THATS FUNNY ... BECAUSE

phillip rivers and aaron rodgers are amongst LEAGUE LEADERS IN SACKS ... they must really be finding a way to counter those blitzes well!

THATS FUNNY... BECAUSE

eli manning and phillip rivers will NOT be going to the playoffs and peyton is only going to get there becuase his entire division self distructed.....

what are you going to say now? the giants dont have any weapons? the chargers dont have weapons? hakeem nicks, mario manningham, ahmad brashaw, brandon jacobs, vincent jackson, antonio gates, tolbert, sproles, malcolm flloyd, the list goes on and on you dont think that vick could get to the playoffs with those toys?

THATS FUNNY .. BECAUSE..

michael vick has a higher passer rating than al of : peyton manning, eli manning, and drew brees, ....

he is also averaging more yards per pass than 4 of the 6 qbs you named ..... must be all dinks and dunks i guess

oh and hes accidently going to his 4th pro bowl

in all, your entire post is nonsense... a good laugh really

listen kid, just take your toys back to your sandbox and call it a day

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Vick is probably the best QB in the league right now. No way he shouldn't win MVP, even after this week's loss