rviqueira
    rviqueira's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need a big play...

I know this isn't how things are supposed to be done, but I'm just antsy here. I've lost about 2 G's this past week between the Giants getting manhandled and the missed opportunities last night by the Falcons... Does anyone have a strong play tonight on Vikings-Eagles or the coming week? I'm looking to go heavy on one game which will never be in doubt. I was thinking about the Chargers -3, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Maxlock
    Maxlock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rviqueira View Post
    I know this isn't how things are supposed to be done, but I'm just antsy here. I've lost about 2 G's this past week between the Giants getting manhandled and the missed opportunities last night by the Falcons... Does anyone have a strong play tonight on Vikings-Eagles or the coming week? I'm looking to go heavy on one game which will never be in doubt. I was thinking about the Chargers -3, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    Tonights game is tough to call.

Bears at Packers. Bet the Pack Sunday to recoup your losses. I haven't been this confident in a game in a while.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

OP, who do you like? really, just pick one and i'll let you know if you are right or wrong. i cant just hand you money

rviqueira

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    OP, who do you like? really, just pick one and i'll let you know if you are right or wrong. i cant just hand you money
    I really like the chargers at -3, but just saw on BetJam it's -3 1/2 now. I agree with Maxlock on the Pack too though. Thinking about the Bears' conservative coaching makes me think he'll preserve his players and play the game safe since they don't need it as much as the Pack does.

rviqueira

One thing about the Packers line though... what's it gonna be? if -7 or more it's gonna be hard to go heavy on it.

Maxlock
    Maxlock's Avatar Become A Pro!

One thing about the Packers line though... what's it gonna be? if -7 or more it's gonna be hard to go heavy on it.
    If Phily wins tonight the Packers line should be about -4 vs. Chicago.

Be wary of the Chargers..they have nothing to play for and may be emotionally drained after getting knocked out of the playoffs.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

ill tell you this, tebow is a real nfl quarterback and the chargers only care about the postseason, which they are now excluded from. broncos also have a good special teams unit and sd does not

callmeTITO
    Picks: 3-0
    callmeTITO's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on the Eagles tonight at -14 (bh) - love the play - a lot of points but really playing for a lot and coming off a big win. Also the added rest and weather change will be a nice bonus. Vikings are awful let me repeat AWFUL. Webb is AWFUL and he will be playing tonight - although if Favre was to start I would still take the -14. The over is nice as well - the Eagles have scored at will against plenty of opponents and don't look for anything different tonight. Worst case score in my book is 35-17 which Eagles cover and is over. I will be adding a teaser later that includes them both as well as a parlay.

rviqueira

Quote Originally Posted by callmeTITO View Post
    I am on the Eagles tonight at -14 (bh) - love the play - a lot of points but really playing for a lot and coming off a big win. Also the added rest and weather change will be a nice bonus. Vikings are awful let me repeat AWFUL. Webb is AWFUL and he will be playing tonight - although if Favre was to start I would still take the -14. The over is nice as well - the Eagles have scored at will against plenty of opponents and don't look for anything different tonight. Worst case score in my book is 35-17 which Eagles cover and is over. I will be adding a teaser later that includes them both as well as a parlay.
    I'm on the Eagles -14 to win 3 units, 14 points is just too much for me to unload on. Gonna see what the line brings for the Packers. If -4 or less, I'm thinking about unloading. Maxlock brings a good point about SD's special teams. Scares the crap outta me every time they're on the field.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

You could just unload on an eagles ML & Over parlay. Will pay slightly above Even money so it might just be a simple way to recoup without to much risk. The vikings should be able to put up a few points against the bad eagles defensce, not many but even a FG with a TD is enough to knock this over.

Reed Harris
    Reed Harris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles will cover easily.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go with Falcons against Panthers this weekend...

callmeTITO
    Picks: 3-0
    callmeTITO's Avatar Become A Pro!

rviqueira - small piece of advice (and you can take it or not - I will not be offended either way)

Going for the big win is a young gambler move (i know this because I have done it) Never contempt with winning $20-$50 a game - it has to be more. That is where you get caught and lose it all (the whole bankroll). I took time off came back with a strategy and since then have pocketed over $5000 and have a bankroll of over $2000 to play with and I still only bet $100 a time (every once and a while I bet $250 or so). Yes there are guys betting $500 to $2000 a game but not as many as lead on that they do.

Basically - smart play and slow play = big money (in my opinion)

I've gotten antsy like you are and made dumb bets that looked like locks and watched the shit go down the toilet

rviqueira

Quote Originally Posted by callmeTITO View Post
    rviqueira - small piece of advice (and you can take it or not - I will not be offended either way)

Going for the big win is a young gambler move (i know this because I have done it) Never contempt with winning $20-$50 a game - it has to be more. That is where you get caught and lose it all (the whole bankroll). I took time off came back with a strategy and since then have pocketed over $5000 and have a bankroll of over $2000 to play with and I still only bet $100 a time (every once and a while I bet $250 or so). Yes there are guys betting $500 to $2000 a game but not as many as lead on that they do.

Basically - smart play and slow play = big money (in my opinion)

I've gotten antsy like you are and made dumb bets that looked like locks and watched the shit go down the toilet
    Good advice man... it's just frustrating after starting during bases playoffs this year with $200, taking it to 8k up until last week which I gave almost 2k back. I've already withdrawn $3500 from my Book, so I'm not losing any of my initial investment, but it just sucks giving that much back.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Rviqueira, I've been in your same situation and wanted to 'go big' on a certain game. Just be careful and dont get too hasty.

That being said, I think the Eagles win 35-13 or so, I dont see Webb and the Vikings keeping up with Vick and Co unless Adrian P runs for 200 yds and 3 tds...

Nivas the guru
    Nivas the guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1002

Bet the house on the eagles queens over. Eagles should put up 42 alone.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

dont bet big to make up for losses. I learned that the hardway, this year. next year I will dominate

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

flip and coin and go all in

mush
    mush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 385

PHIL/MIN over is a lock. LOCK IT.

Lucky1g
    Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

wrong forum but look into taking iowa tonite, they will win this gm outrite...but defintily chip away at that 2000, please dont make the mistake of chasing it all on one "big" play...been there done that,,put 500 on iowa+3

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

miami heat and phili eagles ml man easy

madrabbit

put 10,000 on ml miami heat and philadelphia eagles

BigWilly
    BigWilly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles ftw!

Lemme lemme lemme get paid

madrabbit

not sure if your books will allow it but in australia like centrebet for example you can paraly phili to beat vikings then next weeks games colts to beat titans and falcons to beat carolina all ml thats a good bet.

madrabbit

colts-falcons-eagles today all ml. easy.

Lucky1g

ya the eagles should roll, but its the nfl, i learned long time ago never to lay two tds in nfl gms...most recent example being patriots-14 against the packers backup qb...31-27 final...there is better value out there than to lay 14.5 with philly tonite, and im not sayn they cant cover that number, but cmon man its the nfl, funny things happen...maybe its 27-7 late in the fourth and uh-oh..sidney rice breaks three tackles and goes 60 yds for the backdoor...just sayn

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Eagles -3 first quarter.

Lucky1g

as for eagles moneyline???haha this guy wants to win back his two grand...sooo lay $$19,400 to win 2,000??thats what u tell him??thats just plain crazy..good luck

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Vikings should cover the game relatively easy. I See eagles winning by 7-10 points.