SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strahan: Giants should dump Shockey

Newsday

Michael Strahan was 30 minutes into his new career being paid to express opinions, and he wasted no time showing his willingness to do so.

What does he think the Giants should do with disillusioned tight end Jeremy Shockey?

"He doesn't want to play here; that's obvious with everything that's going on," Strahan told Newsday yesterday after being introduced as the newest cast member on "Fox NFL Sunday."

"I don't think you gain much by keeping a guy around. Regardless of how well he plays for you, there's always that tension, and that's one thing you can't have if you're expected to go back and repeat."
    I see Michael getting comfortable in his new cushy analyst job.

vivian
    vivian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shockey

Where do you believe Shockey would fit?
    I would like him playing at Bears!!
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 07-10-08 at 12:47 PM. Reason: remove spam link

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Shockey can basically pick his next team. Who wouldn't want his talent? I don't think his attitude is any worse than someone like Randy Moss. Shockey just wants the ball and wants to win. Maybe NE is the place for him.

The bad thing is what about the Giants? Can they get something in exchange? Do they deserve to be left "high and dry" because Shockey wants out?

It gets so wierd when these mega-stars get into these situations. But, look, it's worked great for Moss, who basically walked away from the Raiders. How about Owens and the Eagles? Even Keyshawn in Tampa had some drama. Is Shockey setting his sails in this direction?

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kevin Boss is better and younger than Shockey. Giants should have traded for the 2nd round pick Saints offered.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by woodg8 View Post
    Kevin Boss is better and younger than Shockey. Giants should have traded for the 2nd round pick Saints offered.
    Kevin Boss is being way overvalued because of last year, Giants fans should hope to retain Jeremy Shockey.