brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Convince me That the Pats don't win tomorrow by 21+

I am gonna jump on the pats tomorrow but wanted to see some counter arguments for why this won't be a blowout

go

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

they clinched didn't they? why should they give a shit? I'm staying away on this one, can't bet on GB but can't lay so many points on a team who has reason to rest.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by tad0matic View Post
    they clinched didn't they? why should they give a shit? .
    they are playing for homefield advantage...only 1 game ahead of the steelers

homefield advantage is HUGE for the Pats considering that Tom Brady is nearly unbeatable in that stadium

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish I could. Bad Second string QB, a still banged up GB. Then on the other hand you have Tom brady whose is still breaking records and most definitely will be trying to win his spot in the Pro Bowl over M. Vick.

Bones402
    Bones402's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just a lot of points to lay in the nfl. People think flynn will be bad again this week but you gotta think he will be better than last week since hes had a full week of reps with the recievers this week. still could mean nothing though the Pats are ruthless and wont let up against anyone regardless of the situation.

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Simply put...they do cover easily. BOL

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Over the past few weeks, Tom Brady has been free money.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Well, I can give you a couple of reasons. The Pats often play down to the competition, and something tells me they will lose a little intensity knowing that now they are expected to win easily. Also, even assuming the Pats are winning handily, this defense has let a lot of teams get close in garbage time.

And don't forget that this is a HUGE game for GB. They've still got Woodson and Matthews and a bunch of great players out there, and you know they will be turning it even up a notch to make up for the loss of Rodgers.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Well, I can give you a couple of reasons. The Pats often play down to the competition, and something tells me they will lose a little intensity knowing that now they are expected to win easily. Also, even assuming the Pats are winning handily, this defense has let a lot of teams get close in garbage time. And don't forget that this is a HUGE game for GB. They've still got Woodson and Matthews and a bunch of great players out there, and you know they will be turning it even up a notch to make up for the loss of Rodgers.
    green bay has no running game and an awful offensive line though

you're basically betting on a backup QB with zero track record of success to have a good game by throwing the ball 50 times on the road against the best defense in the league over the last 2 weeks

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

GB has the #1 defense in the NFL in scoring. They shut out the jets and their biggest point spread loss this year was 4 points.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rockaflocka View Post
    GB has the #1 defense in the NFL in scoring. They shut out the jets and their biggest point spread loss this year was 4 points.
    The Steelers, Bears and Jets are about the same level as green bay in terms of defense and those 3 teams lost to the Patriots by a combined score of 120 - 36

Sildenafil
    Sildenafil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    I wish I could. Bad Second string QB, a still banged up GB. Then on the other hand you have Tom brady whose is still breaking records and most definitely will be trying to win his spot in the Pro Bowl over M. Vick.
    Did you actually mean to talk about the MVP race??

surffreak
    surffreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

teams that tend to have there starting qb for the first game without him usually do good. plus the pats are 2 games ahead of the jets.

at +14

94% of the public is on the pats. im going to go with vegas on this one.

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I'm a Green Bay fan but without Rodgers their going to be lucky to stay close in this one. Staying away from this one though. Good Luck

Mike the Greek
    Mike the Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally I would not give up more than a touchdown with the pats considering the frostbitten and extremely exhausting game played in Chicago's worst football weather in 8 years. NE is not going to be fresh as a daisy for this one but they will pull out a win....they plan on going to the superbowl

Nepaa
    Nepaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

i'm staying away from this game.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by surffreak View Post
    teams that tend to have there starting qb for the first game without him usually do good. plus the pats are 2 games ahead of the jets.

at +14

94% of the public is on the pats. im going to go with vegas on this one.

when it gets up to 94% its not just the public anymore...

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

if u dont bet on the pats then dont bet of this game. that's all. gl all u GB backers. REM its SNF

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

i greeen bay defense comes to play it can be close one

zebo1337
    zebo1337's Avatar Become A Pro!

Defense? Pff. This is Brady we're talking about.. What is defense? He asks.

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

I have GB in a teaser, so 21 is just fine with me.