MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

baltimore ravens host pittsburgh steelers clash!!

As usual,there will be plenty at stake when the Steelers (8-3) and Ravens (8-3) clash Sunday night.The winner takes over first place in the division and will take an important step toward securing a first-round bye.But the hype has been surprisingly,and to some unfortunately,tame.Pittsburgh victory, the last four games have been decided by four points or fewer - including Baltimore’s 17-14 comeback win at Heinz Field two months ago.Baltimore hasn’t beaten Pittsburgh with Roethlisberger starting at quarterback since 2006.In that first game, Baltimore was forced to play without safety Ed Reed(notes), who was on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from offseason hip surgery. Reed made his season debut on Oct. 24 and has four interceptions in five games.

But,which team defense do you trust? Is there an elite defense in the league right now? Even with deficiencies at cornerback,Baltimore, with the great Haloti Ngata and the tested Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, has a defense that still changes games and wins games.Don't sleep on Baltimore's defense The following players were limitedffensive tackle Flozell Adams (back), defensive end Nick Eason (knee), cornerback Bryant McFadden (hamstring) and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (foot) Will Play
    .Free safety Tom Zbikowski (bruised heel) missed the past five games but is expected to play against Pittsburgh Offensive tackle Michael Oher is expected to be protecting quarterback Joe Flacco's blind side Sunday night despite a sprained right knee

NOTE: Baltimore is also a running team first, but faced with the task of running against the Steelers No. 1-ranked run defense (64 ypg) all game they may choose to instead attack their 22nd-ranked pass defense through the air (246.5 ypg).

NOTE:Passing against the Steelers could actually play into the Ravens strength anyway, since quarterback Joe Flacco has performed very well of late with a 112.2 QB rating and 13 touchdowns to just two interceptions in his last six games.Receiver Anquan Bolden has been held scoreless in his last two games, and was held scoreless in the first meeting between these two,so he could be poised for a breakout game.

NOTE:The Ravens upset in Pittsburgh earlier in the season goes against what has sort of become the norm in this series, which is the home team wins The home team is 7-3 SU in the last 10 meetings but the road team is 4-1-1 ATS in the last six attempts.

NOTE:Oh, and four of the last five games between these two have all been decided by three points. Baltimore won 17-14 back on week four, and 20-17 last November in Maryland. Pittsburgh won 23-20 at Heinz last season, and 23-20 in 2008.The only game not to fall on the number three in the last three years was a 13-9 victory for Pittsburgh later in 2008.The underdog has also compiled a nice 5-1-1 ATS record in the last seven meetings between these two as well.

And just when you think you have the NFL figured out it throws you a curveball, like the fact that the over is actually 6-2-1 in the last nine in this series between two of the game’s top scoring defenses.Mr.HarryTheHats Pick: These Steelers-Ravens games always end on a three (3), so I’m staying away from a side in this one.That’s too much coincidence for me. I’m going against the grain and conventional wisdom here and I’m picking the over of 40 in a 23-20 or 24-21 type of game.Take the over of 40.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

PS.. Stats and some analysis of the game used in my thread were from the blue card

HittingGuru
    HittingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice analysis of the game Harry. I like the Ravens -2.5 points, especially since Big Ben is limping around this week.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

BOL harry, two great defenses I usually go the under, but you have convinced me to stay off this. Again, best of luck

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thank you

Thank you for comment''

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Very nice writeup sir ! Enjoyed the read very much. Thank you-

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

These two teams are mirror images of each other.
    I usually avoid the Steelers vs Ravens and Patriots vs Jets divisional Rivalry games.
    Bad spots to place money in my opinion.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

YOU WELCOME BLACKBOX

MR.HARRYtheHAT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSITE AND COMMENT ALWAYS
    APPRECIATED

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Back Room Benny The Jew ]Handicapper Brooklyn NYC "Blue card Handicapper" [Other sports handicappers may tell you they have the lock of the century or some piece of golden information they found out from their buddy who knows a guy who sold the sports equipment to a little league team in Green Bay, but I don’t do sports handicapping that way – no sir, I do it right. I analyze all sports and make informed decisions based on my years of sports handicapping with my fellow handicappier Mr.HarrytheHat[Jupiter Fl.]
    The Steelers are convinced they've somehow become the NFL team that gets the most policing, and not just because Harrison has been fined $125,000 for four infractions since mid-October. They were flagged for a club-record 163 yards in penalties during a 35-3 win over Oakland on Nov. 21 and another 107 yards as they beat Buffalo 19-16 in overtime on Sunday.Man you better wait on the seeding first, the Ravens might be a number four seed if they lose on Sunday night. But lets suppose they win, they still have to play the saints here, go to Cleveland which is gonna be tougher than most people think and Houston will be a tough game. I'd be very reserved if I were the Ravens brass.................The Pittsburgh Steelers say quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn't have a broken right foot but instead is healing from an aggravation of a previous injury where scar tissue is present.

The Steelers issued a statement Thursday night refuting a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report that Roethlisberger broke a metatarsal bone in his foot. He has worn a protective boot all week, and has been fitted with a protective game shoe. Previously, the Steelers said Roethlisberger had a sprained right foot sustained during their 19-16 overtime victory in Buffalo on Sunday.Roethlisberger was limited in practice Thursday, but said he plans to play Sunday against Baltimore. I have to agree with HARRYtheHAT there is too much a stake in this game... game will very close call at 3 points ether way .. I love the over in this game 40 points more. At least 6 touchdown combined with both teams ..I would bet this game over 40

TT77
    TT77's Avatar Become A Pro!

over is the play

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will be the Ravens week

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

What's up with this line being down. Is it ever going to come back up?

agronox
    agronox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by cobracommander View Post
    What's up with this line being down. Is it ever going to come back up?
    Nope, never. No more bets on this game sorry.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Black Widow [Blue Card Handicapper] Another top handicapper who has a few NFL handicapping titles under his belt.This guy is Mr. Analysis and goes into very deep detail with each of his selections. He was the top handicapper a year ago but is ranked down here since I don’t know how he has done in years past. Obviously someone to look out for if he starts out as hot as he ended 2009. He really goes after the big play on Sunday,but he hits everything he puts out and the analysis that backs all of his selections will leave you confident in every team recommends
    Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs is doubtful for this game so that leaves Ravens safety Ed Reed and linebacker Ray Lewis to do all the dirty work tonight against a dangerous Steelers offense Third string quarterback Dennis Dixon will be getting his first career start and will make a few mistakes and should work in the Ravens favor but he has a strong supporting cast that will help him along the way,so the Ravens defense better stay on their toes...
    As of right now,the Baltimore Ravens are favored to win this matchup with their division rivals with a -3 point spread. There is no doubt in my mind that this game will be a barn burner and arguably the game of the week as neither team will backing down,but despite the Steelers taking giving the Ravens are run for their money,believe the Ravens will come out on top while covering the spread..
    The Ravens lost starting cornerback Fabian Washington for the year so that leaves rookie cornerback Lardarius Webb to start in place of him Webb will have a tough task tonight facing two Super Bowl MVP wide receivers in Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes
    The Ravens defense will also have to watch an up and coming star in second-year running back Rashard Mendenhall The one thing to watch for in this matchup will be up and coming quarterback Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens offense going head to head with the lockdown defense of the Pittsburgh Steelers.If the Ravens can put up points on the Steelers defense, they should cruise to victory and maintain their first place standing within the division, but if not they will be in a for long day in which Mike Tomlin’s squad could pull off the slight upset.

vanc
    vanc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore wins this one.

Maxlock
    Maxlock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    Black Widow [Blue Card Handicapper] Another top handicapper who has a few NFL handicapping titles under his belt.This guy is Mr. Analysis and goes into very deep detail with each of his selections. He was the top handicapper a year ago but is ranked down here since I don’t know how he has done in years past. Obviously someone to look out for if he starts out as hot as he ended 2009. He really goes after the big play on Sunday,but he hits everything he puts out and the analysis that backs all of his selections will leave you confident in every team recommends Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs is doubtful for this game so that leaves Ravens safety Ed Reed and linebacker Ray Lewis to do all the dirty work tonight against a dangerous Steelers offense Third string quarterback Dennis Dixon will be getting his first career start and will make a few mistakes and should work in the Ravens favor but he has a strong supporting cast that will help him along the way,so the Ravens defense better stay on their toes... As of right now,the Baltimore Ravens are favored to win this matchup with their division rivals with a -3 point spread. There is no doubt in my mind that this game will be a barn burner and arguably the game of the week as neither team will backing down,but despite the Steelers taking giving the Ravens are run for their money,believe the Ravens will come out on top while covering the spread.. The Ravens lost starting cornerback Fabian Washington for the year so that leaves rookie cornerback Lardarius Webb to start in place of him Webb will have a tough task tonight facing two Super Bowl MVP wide receivers in Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes The Ravens defense will also have to watch an up and coming star in second-year running back Rashard Mendenhall The one thing to watch for in this matchup will be up and coming quarterback Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens offense going head to head with the lockdown defense of the Pittsburgh Steelers.If the Ravens can put up points on the Steelers defense, they should cruise to victory and maintain their first place standing within the division, but if not they will be in a for long day in which Mike Tomlin’s squad could pull off the slight upset.
    No disrespect, but I really hope SBR readers aren't taking you're write up seriously.

#1 Terrell Suggs IS NOT doubtful
    #2 Dennis Dixon IS NOT starting, Big Ben will start

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

should be a great game

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Injury Report was updated Friday December 3 2010 however Pittsburgh came out with a statement that Ben Roethlisberger (foot) Is Not Broken And His Healed Injury Tendons Pretty Much Healed And He Will Play

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Baltimore is also a running team first, but faced with the task of running against the Steelers No. 1-ranked run defense (64 ypg) all game they may choose to instead attack their 22nd-ranked pass defense through the air (246.5 ypg).

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

bol gonna be a great game

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Harry, your analysis is top notch, you deserve every win