Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Week 17 arena

Sadly, the openers have been crushed the last couple weeks. Most of the value is gone.

with what's left, I like:
    Arizona+4.5 (I make it +1, and Arizona would be favored if they decide to win the game)
    NY+3.5 (I'm a bit puzzled by the line movement on this one - I thought the opener was right).

No best bets this week.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i'm putting little on
    GA +6.5 and TB -7.5, kinda leaning on the unders in both also, but i always seem to get burned on unders, or totals period, hell, i've been suckin all season it seems, so it won't make a difference what i play, i'll probably be on the wrong side.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    i'm putting little on
    GA +6.5 and TB -7.5, kinda leaning on the unders in both also, but i always seem to get burned on unders, or totals period, hell, i've been suckin all season it seems, so it won't make a difference what i play, i'll probably be on the wrong side.
    I think you're on the right side with Tampa Bay. I actually took them at -6.5 (I made it 9), but losing the 7 is too much.

The last week of Arena regular season is treacherous. There are a lot of meaningless games. Georgia has almost no reason to play starters the whole game, while San Jose might. If this were one week ago, I'd be all over San Jose. But with the risk of them resting starters, I made it San Jose -8.5, on which I passed.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Sadly, the openers have been crushed the last couple weeks. Most of the value is gone.

with what's left, I like:
    Arizona+4.5 (I make it +1, and Arizona would be favored if they decide to win the game)
    NY+3.5 (I'm a bit puzzled by the line movement on this one - I thought the opener was right).

No best bets this week.

Thanks for yor understanding.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 06-21-08 at 09:15 AM.

Justin7

Edit - I meant I would be on Georgia, not San Jose.

Justin7

Columbus drifted up too high. I'm pulling the trigger on +15.

The real issue is: will Columbus play their starters all game? They are eliminated from the playoffs. Teams that are eliminated typically play to win, where as teams that are in the playoffs don't care.

If Zwick starts for Columbus, I make the line Cleveland -11.5. If Nagy plays the whole game, you have a competitive game - the line would drop to -5.5. I'v heard differing things about who will be playing, but 15 points is too many in either situation. If I knew Nagy were playing the whole game, I'd make it a best bet.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

GL on that CLM play, i looked at that and at first glance i said that was too many points, i haven't been to high on the Gladiators all season, CLM is a sneaky bunch and unpredictable, my only rational thinking would be to take CLM because it's an in-state battle, and the Gladiators are the newer team so maybe CLM will play for pride to try and show they are a good team.