dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Cleveland Browns -10?

Looking at the lines... i could not believe if this was a mistake or not. But then saw the Browns are playing at home against the Carolina Panthers. How in the world are the Browns laying 10 points to anyone ? I mean they have played teams very tough at home but now laying 10 points at home? I then saw it was the Panthers they are playing and indeed they are the worst team in the NFL this year. But a 3-7 team at home laying 10 points to a 1-9 team?

I thought 6 would be the highest and that is being very lenient. I thought the line would be Browns -4.5 maybe but 10 points?? This looks like its begging you to take the Panthers because both these teams are pretty bad.

How can the Browns be laying double digit spread? I mean if this was the last game of the season and Carolina decided to rest all their starters i can understand that... but this line makes no sense at all.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

If you can't make sense of it, stay away from it. I was suprised myself. You would think that Carolina would be a no-brainer, but how many no brainers do the books cash in on. I don't trust this game either way.

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

I agree with you chris ....

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way! take the panthers!! BIG!!!

Robust

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes I am a Browns fan and also think that line is crazy, Cleveland has played just about everyone close, but knowing them well they play the bad teams close also... Browns win but don not cover

BROWNS 24

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lisa/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]
    PANTHERS 16

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

that line is high, but look at the Jets -10 against Cincy... Similar type game - the Jets are obviously better than the Browns, but the Bengals are definitely better than the Panthers. I wouldn't be too confident in the Panthers.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm on the Panthers +10. I got my reasons.

wildcats99
    wildcats99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 510

I agree but Carolina has been bad latley. I would stay away from it

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Browns have never defeated Carolina Panthers

I can't pull a trigger on Brownies with Delhomme starting.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jake Delhomme as a 10 point favorite... As a Panthers fan, that's sickening on too many levels.

nobodyukno
    nobodyukno's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Panthers are by the far worst team in the NFL. Couple turnovers like they always do could turn this one into a joke quickly

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

If you take the margin of victory for each team

Cleveland -2.40
    Carolina -12.20

Just by using those numbers you get Cleveland -9.80

Now take the strength of schedule

Cleveland has had the tuffest schedule this season

Cleveland +2.55
    Carolina +0.67

Add those in and you get

Cleveland +0.15
    Carolina -11.53

And that comes out to Cleveland -11.68

Then lets add 3 point for HFA

And nows it Cleveland -14.86

Now if we adjust this number for injurys and any other situations that number is going to be subjective for everyone but this kind of shows that -10 is'nt some crazy number.

By the way those margin of victory numbers and strength of schedule numbers may be a little off becasuse I used my own and I cap blowout games at 21 and I think Carolina lost a couple games by more then that so the actual numbers might favor Cleveland by a little more.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I think this is the big Survivor upset of the week. With McCoy and that flow, I would have taken Cleveland but Clausen has played way better than expected. WAY too many points. I think Carolina ML, personally.

I'm on Houston in Survivor, have a feeling I'm gonna sweat that but plenty will be on Cleveland so I'm doing risk/reward.

Follow?