cwuga9889
    cwuga9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Turkey Day: Pats/Lions over 51?

The Patriots have the highest scoring offense in the NFL right now, averaging 28.9 ppg, whil the lions aren't too shabby at 23.4 ppg. The Patriots' defense is 23rd in the league, while the Lions' defense is 22nd in the league. I think the key stat here is that the Lions are averaging close to 256 passing yds/game, and the Pats' secondary has shown that they are horrible this year, getting torched for close to 290 yds/game. The question is not whether the Pats can score in this game, because we all know they can score, and they will score in bunches sicne they are playing the Lions. The question here is whether or not the Lions can exploit New England's secondary and find Calvin Johnson down the field for a few big plays. The Lions are going to have to score more than 20 pts, which is completely reasonable, in order for this over to have a good shot at hitting. That being said, I see the Lions coming out fired up, after three disappointing weeks in a row. Vegas is obviously starting to believe this too, since the spread has dropped from 7 to 6.5 with 89% of the public on the Pats, and it looks poised to drop again.

Any way, that's the way I see this game, and I was wondering what peoples' thoughts are....

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

I think that all of this information is already facotred into the spread and then some since NE keeps going over this year. Hopefully this line did not peek at 51.5. I will be on under.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

turkey bet the overs, nobody wants to play defense

cwuga9889

I agree, especially when looking at the recent trends of these 2 teams

the total has gone OVER in 10 of the Pats' 12 last games
    the total has gone OVER in 6 of the Lions' past 7 games
    and the total has gone OVER in 5 of the last 5 home games for the Lions

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I think this stays under and would rather take the pats -6, I know its a public play but so what.

cwuga9889

regardless of whether the pats are a public play, I would not be on them because not only is this a serious let down game for the pats after that victory over peyton manning and the colts, but there is also some rlm that crossed that key number of 7.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I bet the play Monday morning and have pats -6. Unlike other teams I don't think the pats have let downs after big games, they are to well coached and disciplined. Also, the pats like to pour it on, and pour it on early without mercy. Peyton manning came back but s. Hill isn't Manning

cwuga9889

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    I bet the play Monday morning and have pats -6. Unlike other teams I don't think the pats have let downs after big games, they are to well coached and disciplined. Also, the pats like to pour it on, and pour it on early without mercy. Peyton manning came back but s. Hill isn't Manning
    What would you call that embarassing 20 pt loss to the Browns? I believe that is what you would call a let down game. I agree with you that they are very well coached, but they are like any other team, and are still able to, and do have let down games. I also agree in saying the S. Hill is not manning, but he is still a pro football player, so that means he is pretty good regardless.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Hold off on playing the Over. Its still to early you'll change your mind before kick-off

cwuga9889

I agree it is too early. I am going to wait until closer to gametime before I make a play, I was just saying that at first look, this over looks pretty good. What do you think D3? By telling me to hold off, are you saying that you like the under?

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

GL with the over!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Scoring 50 points isn't easy. A couple of FGs in the red zone and it becomes a real uphill battle

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by cwuga9889 View Post
    I agree it is too early. I am going to wait until closer to gametime before I make a play, I was just saying that at first look, this over looks pretty good. What do you think D3? By telling me to hold off, are you saying that you like the under?
    Gun to my head i'll take the Under but I won't play the total in that game. Already have the Pats in a teaser and thats more then enough action for that game.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

i'd take the under on this one

cwuga9889

knew it...told y'all