accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

wk1 football pros opinions needed

wk1 are these plays any good?? i went like 48% last year so im not to confident and would like opinions
    picks
    new england -14
    jacksonville -7
    jack/tnn over 37
    det/atl under 43
    seattle -1
    phillidelphia -7
    s diego -10
    indy -7
    mnn/gb over 38

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Jax -7 on the road, in division, against a playoff team from last year for their home opener seems like suicide. Jax is good, but I think people are crowning them a little too early based on their quality wins against Pitts last season. Rather than finding that Jax is great, we're going to find that Pitts is not that great. I might also prefer the under for that game.

Seattle is the other one I'd disagree about. They are travelling across country against a Bills team that I expect to be tough as nails in 2008.

accuscoresucks

no problem ill scratch them 2 on my list of future to be made bets

thanks for the advice

anyone else see somthing that doesnt look right?

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Jax -7 on the road, in division, against a playoff team from last year for their home opener seems like suicide. Jax is good, but I think people are crowning them a little too early based on their quality wins against Pitts last season. Rather than finding that Jax is great, we're going to find that Pitts is not that great. I might also prefer the under for that game.

Seattle is the other one I'd disagree about. They are travelling across country against a Bills team that I expect to be tough as nails in 2008.

Please take my opinion as a grain of salt, I offer it as food for thought, not expert advice for I am still very much a rookie.

I would like to echo Slacker's opinion on JAC vs. TEN. This is a rematch of last year's opener. The Titans seem to be a team that usually scores just enough points to get the job done. They remind me of the Patriots years back when they kept winning with a Vinateiri field goal. (I'm a Pats fan and I think those games took a few years off my life. haha)

Last year the Titans scored 13 to the Jaguar's 10 on Jax home turf. However, in week 10 JAC scorched 'em on their home turf 28 to 13. I personally would stay away from this game all together for I can see it going either way.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

I like the NE, SD, PHI, and IND picks. Those are the ones I have on my list. I like to play 10 point teasers to give me an extra margin for error because I don't trust my handi-capping skills. If the spread on NE vs KC goes over 16.5 I'll probably avoid that game.

I like the over bet on MIN vs GB. I personally want to see Aaron Rodgers in action before I start betting on GB, but they are a young team with lot's of talent so I definately have my eye on them.

The only other bet that I would be leary of is DET vs ATL. This is more of a personal thing for the over/under bets scare the crap out of me. DET is a bit of a wildcard. I think this really comes down to how strong you think ATL's defense is. I don't know ATL well enough to make that judgement. If their defense is weak I think DET will light'em up like they did to OAK in week one last year. DET had some high scoring games against weaker teams last year, but struggled to score against teams with really tough defenses. Example: week 9 - DEN 7 @ DET 44 as opposed to week 11
    NYG 16 @ DET 10. I think this one all comes down to ATL's defense and I don't know it well enough to say one way or the other.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

It's too early. Preseason brings many surprises - mostly bad. Things change fast in the NFL.

accuscoresucks

anyone else before i place the bets
    i know some sat its to early to bet nfl season to early yada yada but its not really safe to bet the first 3-4 weeks either

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

At first glance I like the Panthers +10 and the Colts -9.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Jacksonville is not that good to be laying 7 NO WHERE!!!!! I hate how people are making this team LEGIT! THERE AVERAGE WITH NO RECIEVERS!

WHY PLAY THOSE PICKS? JUST PLAY THESE!

JETS-3
    DETROIT -1

EASIEST GAMES ON THE BOARD

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Jacksonville is not that good to be laying 7 NO WHERE!!!!! I hate how people are making this team LEGIT! THERE AVERAGE WITH NO RECIEVERS!

JETS-3
    DETROIT -1

After Miami's starting QB (McCown) getting his index finger on his throwing hand nearly chopped off, but sewed back together with six stitches, I'm starting to think about betting against Miami until they figure out the QB position in Miami. Otherwise I'll be closely examining McCown's progress during the preseason to see if he looks right.

accuscoresucks

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post

JETS-3
    DETROIT -1

looks like jacksonville is a typo i think the line should be -3
    this is why i like the them

jack 29 ppg ranked 4th @
    tnn 20 ppg ranked 15th

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    looks like jacksonville is a typo i think the line should be -3
    this is why i like the them

jack 29 ppg ranked 4th @
    tnn 20 ppg ranked 15th
    I still like the Titans. Even with the line at Titans +3, this one is starting to look like one of my top plays for week 1.