bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Drew Brees

i'm hearing strong rumors he will end up with the fish by the end of the week. anyone else hear anything on this ?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Would be a great move by Miami.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they get TO also, Brees will then be one of three of the all-time worst quarterbacks in the history of football by about week 6 joining Jeff Garcia and Mcnabb according to T.O.

I write this as Owens has just bought a house in Miami and they are one of 5 teams looking at bringing him in.

If I was a GM, I'd bring him in, but it would be stricly an incentive laden 1 year deal with behavior clauses in there. I don't think these idiot recognizes the fact that he is over 30. He's crazy if he thinks someone that has any intelligence at all would sign him to some 5 year deal. Just rent him out and then let him go. First time, he causes a disruption, inactivate him just to piss him off while you're paying pennies for him since he signed an incentive deal. Thats how you deal with guys like him.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

being a fish fan...I hope they don't get Brees or T.O

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by presley177
    being a fish fan...I hope they don't get Brees or T.O

What aquisitions would you want them to make? I beleive they are one of those teams that can get immeditaely better or to the level of the Texans very fast. Their aging defense keeps them in some games, but that will be gone soon. Obviously, at the present situation, their offense is horrendous and needs upgrades. I don't think they will have a shot at Cutler or Leinart and you would have to be a moron to want to take someone like Vince on Day 1 of the draft anyway. Some projections had them taking Cutler, but now it seems he's a lock to go top 10. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking their somewhere in the 13 pick range, but don't know exactly, I'm sure you do.

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    What aquisitions would you want them to make? I beleive they are one of those teams that can get immeditaely better or to the level of the Texans very fast. Their aging defense keeps them in some games, but that will be gone soon. Obviously, at the present situation, their offense is horrendous and needs upgrades. I don't think they will have a shot at Cutler or Leinart and you would have to be a moron to want to take someone like Vince on Day 1 of the draft anyway. Some projections had them taking Cutler, but now it seems he's a lock to go top 10. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking their somewhere in the 13 pick range, but don't know exactly, I'm sure you do.
    wow a moron to take Vince? The Dolphins pick 16th(no way for Leinart or Cutler) but if Vince Young is on the board I'd take him. Too much talent...I'd take my chances. The Dolphins however will probably go with Winston Justice to replace Mcintosh at tackle...or if he's gone I'd want them to take a look at cornerback Tye Hill. They'll take Brodie Croyle hopefully in the 2nd round and I'd be happy with that. I don't want T.O because I think they a great receiving core...they don't need his problems he'd bring. Brees I'd consider if it weren't for the contract. After the injury I don't trust giving him a big deal just to have him crash on you.

bigboydan

i'm hearing that the Saints are close to terms with Brees

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i'm hearing that the Saints are close to terms with Brees
    sounds right to me. and Cullpepper probably to the Fins..

bigboydan

if the saints do indeed sign Drew Brees. i wonder how big of monkey wrench that will throw into the NFL draft selections.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Done deal: Brees to the Saints.

Culpepper traded to the Dolphins for a 2nd-round pick.