icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I like this move for SF. I hear the London soccer fields are built for foot speed. This should favor a fleet footed QB.
    I don't know about Troy Smith in general, but shouldn't he be a good fit for this game?

Also why do people ITT think Denver is any good?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by officepoolguy View Post
    There is a reason why Smith has bounced around the league...pick Denver.
    Smith isn't a franchise QB or even a reasonable backup. I'm not even sure that he could be a wildcat type guy. Nevertheless, he's got a funny niche talent which my gut is screaming will lead to success in this weekend's venue. Maybe someone who can break down the field surface versus the Broncos defensive scheme can shed more light, but I feel like this is a great matchup and maybe a one game miracle for Troy Smith. I expect him to have a career game on Sunday, maybe leading to some momentum for the team and himself. But it will eventually fade because Troy Smith just isn't a long term solution as an NFL QB. No matter how one breaks down this game, they have to put Troy Smith under a microscope in this particular situation to get an idea of how to play this game.

Also, consider that this is a neutral field game which brings an interesting dynamic. I think this hurts the Broncos due to the QB position because Orton is a well seasoned veteran who would benefit greatly if the crowd gets involved, but I almost expect a confused or even an overly polite crowd in London. On the other hand, Troy Smith who has minimal NFL experience during the regular season will benefit from a more 'sterile' venue. For an inexperienced QB, I imagine that even a home crowd might be more of a distraction than a benefit as opposed to a purely neutral field.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

What a disaster this is going to be.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Everyone's on Denver, money's on San Fran, I'm going with San Fran.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that Baltimore wouldnt even keep him to back up Joe Flacco even though he had a couple of years in their system speaks volumes to me. Troy Smith is an emergency QB that a team never wants to have go in but will give them a body just in case. Denver at +odds is a gift

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver ml for me

jagermeister1
    jagermeister1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I have To agree with slacker's angle on this. And, let's not forget, Denver is a piece of shit team, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Smith isn't a franchise QB or even a reasonable backup. I'm not even sure that he could be a wildcat type guy. Nevertheless, he's got a funny niche talent which my gut is screaming will lead to success in this weekend's venue. Maybe someone who can break down the field surface versus the Broncos defensive scheme can shed more light, but I feel like this is a great matchup and maybe a one game miracle for Troy Smith. I expect him to have a career game on Sunday, maybe leading to some momentum for the team and himself. But it will eventually fade because Troy Smith just isn't a long term solution as an NFL QB. No matter how one breaks down this game, they have to put Troy Smith under a microscope in this particular situation to get an idea of how to play this game.

Also, consider that this is a neutral field game which brings an interesting dynamic. I think this hurts the Broncos due to the QB position because Orton is a well seasoned veteran who would benefit greatly if the crowd gets involved, but I almost expect a confused or even an overly polite crowd in London. On the other hand, Troy Smith who has minimal NFL experience during the regular season will benefit from a more 'sterile' venue. For an inexperienced QB, I imagine that even a home crowd might be more of a distraction than a benefit as opposed to a purely neutral field.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

under42!!

First 12