rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Why are so many people on San Diego?

Yeah yeah yeah, I get that they are 2-0 at home. Going into this week-

Injuries-
    Malcolm Floyd (out)
    Legs Naanee (questionable, didn't practice at all this week, expected to sit)
    Gates (questionable, didn't practice at all, game-time decision but is expected to play)
    Ryan Matthews (will play, but banged up)
    Nate Kaeding (out, pulled groin, signed Kris Brown to kick.... ask Texans fans about just how "good" he is)

Most likely starting Patrick Crayton and Buster Davis at WR.

They played the Chiefs, Jags, Cards, Seahawks, Rams, and Raiders. Only 1 of those teams cracks the top half of the league in scoring (Chiefs at 14th). The only 2 teams they beat are ranked 23rd and 25th. The Patriots are ranked #1, at 30.8 ppg.

Patriots have more yards per carry and yards per game, and zero fumbles, to the Chargers 5.

Is there ANY reason to take the Chargers here? Forget about what the public is betting on and all that other BS that does not decide games. What makes the Chargers the better team today?

KenardRage
    KenardRage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

i would like to see the chargers win.. im just not sure that they have what it takes to beat the patriots

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by KenardRage View Post
    i would like to see the chargers win.. im just not sure that they have what it takes to beat the patriots

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Is there ANY reason to take the Chargers here? Forget about what the public is betting on and all that other BS that does not decide games. What makes the Chargers the better team today?
    S.D. is first in the league in total offense, total defense, and also first in the league against the pass.

thericker7
    thericker7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

I am a San Diego fan, but I am unsure that they can pull off a win.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Its the NFL...a desperate team at home vs a team that is due for a loss...just saying

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    S.D. is first in the league in total offense, total defense, and also first in the league against the pass.
    But look at who they have played... 1 team in the top 16 in scoring.

And they put up most of those numbers when they were pretty healthy. Look at all the big-name injuries right now. Who is Rivers going to throw to? He can't hit 300 yards with Crayton and Davis as his top 2 WRs

QBs they've faced- Matt Cassell, David Garrard, Sam Bradford, Matt Hasselbeck, Max Hall/Derek Anderson, and Jason Campbell/Bruce Gradkowski. Garrard and Cassell are the only 2 in the top 20 in QB rating, and they are 19th and 20th.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

But look at who they have played... 1 team in the top 16 in scoring.

And they put up most of those numbers when they were pretty healthy. Look at all the big-name injuries right now. Who is Rivers going to throw to? He can't hit 300 yards with Crayton and Davis as his top 2 WRs

QBs they've faced- Matt Cassell, David Garrard, Sam Bradford, Matt Hasselbeck, Max Hall/Derek Anderson, and Jason Campbell/Bruce Gradkowski. Garrard and Cassell are the only 2 in the top 20 in QB rating, and they are 19th and 20th.
    You asked why people are taking S.D. and I told you why. Now I have a few questions for you. Who has N.E. beat? Besides Balt. (which N.E. was coming off a bye and was in a huge revenge spot for them), How's N.E.'s D been performing? Didn't N.E. just lose their best WR? Doesn't it take a lot of energy to beat a very physical Baltimore team in O.T.? S.D. just lost two sloppy games in a row (Oakland didn't even score an offensive TD in their win) don't you think they will be "up" for this game?

louis.ana
    louis.ana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

San Diego plays well at home, and loses on the road.. could be a shoutout vs New England.
    The over is something to look at.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I'm a diehard Pats fan from Boston, and I feel an L coming today. As was mentioned, we just expended a ton of mental and physical energy to win an extremely physical game against a tough opponent -- the players were sky high for that game. No matter what they say on TV, there's no way they don't "come down" a little from that... and then you've got a desperate SD team playing at home....

Not to mention that Rivers is at the top of his game (no matter what warm bodies you throw out there for him to throw to) and our secondary and pass rush are not good.

I hope we win, but am actually expecting the L in San Diego.

rsnnh12

You asked why people are taking S.D. and I told you why. Now I have a few questions for you. Who has N.E. beat? Besides Balt. (which N.E. was coming off a bye and was in a huge revenge spot for them), How's N.E.'s D been performing? Didn't N.E. just lose their best WR? Doesn't it take a lot of energy to beat a very physical Baltimore team in O.T.? S.D. just lost two sloppy games in a row (Oakland didn't even score an offensive TD in their win) don't you think they will be "up" for this game?
    So its just those 3 rankings? Thats what people are basing their bets on?

Pats only good wins are against the Ravens and Dolphins, but thats the point... they're actually beating the bad teams, unlike the Chargers. The D is improving every week, and gaining more confidence. They are young, so growing pains were expected. No, they didn't lose their best receiver. Welker is the #1 on that team. And Deion Branch had as many catches last week against the Ravens as Moss had all season. It does take a lot of energy, but these are professional athletes... their job is to work out, practice, eat, and sleep. That's it. As long as there aren't injuries (which there aren't), they will be well rested for this week. I would think the Chargers would be up for every game, especially against the teams you should beat. That comes down to coaching, and the Chargers coaching is a joke. It's their job to keep their team focused, and clearly the Chargers lack that focus.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if they cannot pressure rivers he will move the ball with norv turner at receiver

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way

Pats only good wins are against the Ravens and Dolphins, but thats the point... they're actually beating the bad teams, unlike the Chargers. The D is improving every week, and gaining more confidence. They are young, so growing pains were expected. No, they didn't lose their best receiver. Welker is the #1 on that team. And Deion Branch had as many catches last week against the Ravens as Moss had all season. It does take a lot of energy, but these are professional athletes... their job is to work out, practice, eat, and sleep. That's it. As long as there aren't injuries (which there aren't), they will be well rested for this week. I would think the Chargers would be up for every game, especially against the teams you should beat. That comes down to coaching, and the Chargers coaching is a joke. It's their job to keep their team focused, and clearly the Chargers lack that focus.
    Just trying to give you a different perspective, GL on your play. You will need it.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I like you, you seem like a sharp guy and you raise good points. Even though I don't know how to address you with that name. RS? Shinner? Twelvy?

Totally agree with you that the coaching is lacking... so many similarities between the Chargers and Cowboys... teams that lack discipline, focus, fundamentals... teams that lose games they should win.

cashflowmatters
    cashflowmatters's Avatar Become A Pro!

66% of the betting public is on NE

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    I like you, you seem like a sharp guy and you raise good points. Even though I don't know how to address you with that name. RS? Shinner? Twelvy?

Totally agree with you that the coaching is lacking... so many similarities between the Chargers and Cowboys... teams that lack discipline, focus, fundamentals... teams that lose games they should win.
    Haha I'm a Pats fan too, so I'm a little biased I guess, but I have NEVER bet on them, until this week.

rsn actually stands for RedSoxNation, and the nh after that because I'm from New Hampshire. Address me however you like though... my girlfriend prefers to go with "hey asshole"

I like the comparison between those 2... both extremely talented teams (prob top 2 in the league), but the coaching can't keep them on track and winning games. That's what I love about the Pats. They rarely have the most talented team, but they have the coaching and the heart to win games. That's what they do... win games. It won't be flashy anymore like it was in '07, but every single player on that team knows their role and plays it well.

rsnnh12

Just trying to give you a different perspective, GL on your play. You will need it.
    Haha thanks, you too. Appreciate the posts... definitely helped. At least one of us will make money on this game

BOL with your picks this weekend (except this one )

Sportsnut1968
    Sportsnut1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

the sucker Taking NE is possibly play on the board this week.....No way should SD be favorite here.....But, since they are...Don't that make you wonder??

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I like the Chargers in this spot. I like to fade teams who have to travel to the west coast. Chargers will be too much on offense.

chaseutleyfan26
    chaseutleyfan26's Avatar Become A Pro!

because san diego sucks